1year post op revision

I have been reading reviews since I got my first...

I have been reading reviews since I got my first tummy tuck in Aug. 2011. I was so happy with the results the first couple of month but then realized that I needed a revision. After 6 months, I returned to having a pooch and my scar was dark and thick. The picture I provided is while I am laying down so you can't see my pooch. I went to a few doctors to get different opinions because my surgeon kept telling me it was a seroma and that my scar will get better with time. I didn't want to believe him.

I chose another doctor to do my revision. He informed me that it was not a seroma. It was extra skin. The first doctor didn't pull me tight enough. The scar was dark and thick because my body didn't want to absorb the sutures basically I had a bad reaction to the sutures. I went in for a revision 8 months after my first tt April 2012. I am 3 month post op and I am happy with my results. I will have to do steriod injections in my bb scar or revise my bb scar as it opened up after a week after surgery but I dont care it was worth doing the revision. My stomach is flat.

So it has been a year after my revision. I m still...

So it has been a year after my revision. I m still super flat. I have gained about 5 lbs but they have not gone to my stomach. As you can see in my photos, my scar is still red and still has a lifted scar in the middle. I received steriod shots but it didn't work. I would like to do a scar revision only on my bb and in the middle of my tt incision. The rest of the scar is visiable but flat. The ps I m seeing for the steroid shots wants me to wait another 6 months to revise scar

One year post op pics, still super flat but scar...

One year post op pics, still super flat but scar needs a revision.

You look amazing! I'm currently seeking out second opinions on mine.. and hoping to have a result like yours in the future. I'm pretty sure mine wasn't pulled tight enough either. Your review gives me hope!
I had a full tummy tuck 2 years ago. I am now planning a revision. Everytime I went in to see my PS I kept complaining about the "pouch" I had, but I was told over and over "You look great". I have at least a 1 inch thickening completely along the incision and a dog ear on each side (one worse than the other). I cannot even hold my lower stomach in. I am very nervous about doing it again. I am afraid the same thing will happen. I live in Florida, but had it done in Kentcuky before moving. My PS will not give me any info over the phone or email about what he would do. They want me to come in to "talk". I am not going to pay for a flight there, hotel, and days off work to "talk." I will use that money for another doctor.
My revision was done in Colombia, however if I need to do something else I well do it in Boston.
I'm up for a revision too. Who did you choose to do yours. I think I just got a bad job.
I m happy for u. I m going to start researching PS to do a scar revision on my bb and fix my dogear. Keep new posted on what u decide to do.
I wanted to do it at the 6 month mark but my doctor said to wait until 8 month. After the surgery, he said he would never do a revision before the year because my inside hasn't healed completely. I was breeding too much during the revision and he didn't like like that and it is not normal. So be patient, everything will come with time. Look at me I have to hide my bb now for about a year
Well, just wanted to update you that I met with 2 PSs. My current one and another. The other one was saying that she wanted to wait 2 months and for me to lose some weight for her to do the procedure so she can lower the scar as much as possible. The first one was acting like he could do it now but was concerned about how much lower he could get the higher scar side. My PS is asking for about $895 since she would do it in her office and the other of course if more expensive and would be a couple of thousand. I don't have a couple of thousand so I will have to work with my current PS. I hope I can lose some weight so my revision will be successful and I can finally be happy!
Yeah girl, the waiting is killing me right now. Time seems to go so slow. I think cause I am sooo focused on this that I can't think of much else when I am not busy with work and other things. I really though I would have been feeling good by now but I am not. I have to wait until next month just to meet with the doctors to find out what can be done and then probably another month to get the money together and schedule anything. Ugh!!!!
I know what u mean. I have to wait until I m6 months post op to fix my bb. This has been I long journey that I didn't expect but with time I know I will be good. I just wished I lost those last 10 lbs.
Oh ok, thanks so much for the info.. That sounds like the story I will have. I don't think my current PS is going to charge me for the work, just the hospital and anesthesia but the other doctor will most likely have to charge me for everything. The good thing about the other PS is he has his own surgery center so he can adjust his fees... if he wants to to help me out.. why he would, I don't know, but I am hoping that he would. I think my current PS could fix this but its just I am nervous about trusting her, you know?
I paid the full price of the revision because I choosee to go to another PS because I didn't want to continue to deal with my 1st ps. My 1st PS only asked for anesthesia and room fees which were $1200. I choose another PS when my friend who also went to the same PS had the same issue. Her pooch was bigger than mine. A tt revision can cost less if you are not getting everything done over like muscle repair, excess skin and bb. I had enough skin to do it over and the PS wanted to check my muscle repair and fix if needed which I did need a few stitches in the lower abdomen. My recover was similar but
My recovery was similar but alot quicker. I was back to work in 6 days and my stomach muscles didn't hurt. Probably because I only needed the lower muscle repaired.
Thank you so much for posting your story. I am about 4.5 months PO and I think I need a revision. I still have stomach fat AND I don't like my high scar. Did you have to pay the full price for the revision surgery and what was the procedure or cost? Was it cheaper for the revision?
I didn't mean to ask the cost twice, I meant, what was the procedure and recovery like the second time around? By the way, you do look much better and finally FLAT! :-)