I'm Doing! - Colombia, CO

I am 40 years old , mother to a 22 month old son...

I am 40 years old , mother to a 22 month old son and am tired of the tire. I do not have a thyroid and have type two diabetes. I'm hoping this will help m get to ground zero and help me loose weight, sort of like starting new. I am nervous but also anxious. I'm getting it done in Cartagena Colombia July 17 2013!!!

Road block

Soooo went in to late my doctor know I was going to Colombia for the TT. Her opinion was that if my blood sugar level was high as it was 4 months ago I should not do the TT. So did the bloodwork yesterday and waiting results. ;(

Green light

Uff thank God all blood work came back fine and been given the green light for surgery!!

2 week count down

Ok so now it's the two week countdown and I'm feeling really nervous, haven't been able to sleep and just want to fast forward to get it over with. I'm a little scared of my flight back and changing planes in Miami.

Taking flight

I'm leaving tomorrow for Colombia and on Wednesday is the operation!! Super nervous and anxious to fast forward 1 month. Please pray all goes well

2 nd time

Well I was devastated that I couldn't do my TT due to my diabetes ;( I made the trip 6 hr flight to be told NO grrrrr. So I came back home and ate ate ate. Then Jan 2014 I decided no more and have lost 25 lbs so far. I'm beginning to look into TT again.

Losing weight

1st consult with Dr. Kasrai

Seems like I'm going to have the TT here in Toronto, so I started to do research. I had a consult with Dr. Leila Kasrai. Eva -- her assistant was very sweet and helpful. So the Dr checked me out, lifted my fat--- ughhhhh and discussed what I wanted done. I'm kind of disappointed in myself because I didn't really ask her important questions, I had to take my 2 1/2 year old with me. She usually does drain less TT but since I'm diabetic she would place one drain, and the surgery would be in the hospital. The total cost would be $10,390 higher than I expected but then again this is Colombia.

Typo

Oops meant to say this ISN'T Colombia
Dr. Carolina Restrepo

I soo hated when the PS lifted my fat! Eww! I was definitely relieved to see that it didn't bother him which made me so comfortable.
How did this go? I am trying to find before and after pictures for this PS
Chica! Mines went excellent. I haven't post new pics but I will this week you can check out my profile. Dr. Carolina is amazing
Sorry for not updating earlier, it's been a rough year. I wasn't able to do it
It was extremely well with the new PS. Dr. Carolina Restrepo. She wasn't here when I did my first surgery. She is amazing.
How long did u stay in Cartagena before flying back?
She sent me some pics and it looks good, email her and ask. She's the sweetest and her office and hospital where she does the surgery are clean and legit
How did it go?
How did it go? I live in south america now and I had PS with another dr a year ago before I knew Dr. Carolina. She is so sweet, she is doing my boob revision next week!
Good luck hope all goes well xx
Fantastic! You are one step closer!!
Hello Esposabella! I am happy for you! I think you will be happy for your choice. I feel like I have reclaimed my life since I did it, mine was on may 16- so I've still got lots of healing physically. Emotionally, I feel like a new woman. Good luck to you, sister!
Thanks for the reach out. Are you really sore?
I feel pretty normal, now. I get little twinges of weird feelings, like pulling muscle the wrong way if I get up without using my arm strength. When I first got the TT, it did hurt and I was anxious. But after about 3 weeks, I really felt much better anout everything.
You will love it, the best thing you can do for your body!