After 43 Years, I Am Ready to Get Healthy!!!! - Colleyville, TX

I have always been a big girl my whole life. My...

I have always been a big girl my whole life. My joke when people start talking about what size they were in high school is I went from 4T to plus size...unfortunately its not much of a joke. I always remember my dad saying "you would be so much prettier if you just lost the weight". I have always helped anyone and everyone and been their personal cheerleader...but its time to focus on me. I have been so blessed to have great kids, the most wonderful grand baby and the most amazing man in my life! I have my best friend who happens to be my mom cheering me all the way! I am very excited to get this party started!! I am hoping to have a surgery date for sometime in September. I have my physical, my Nutrition class, and my Stress Test/Cardiac Test on August 14th, and my EDG appointment is on the 27th. I am super excited to get healthy.

Waiting......

We'll I had my nutrition class and my stress test yesterday. Both went wee...I believe. I had asked about a date and they told me I have to wait for my EDG and stress test results. Currently they are booking into October so I was a bit bummed about that, just hoping to have it done by the 15th fingers crossed...I have my EDG on the 27th. My body is in a great deal of pain from my RA and being so overweight I just can't wait... :)

Only 1 step to go until I get my date!!!!

I have received the cardio clearance and I have completed the nutrition class so one more hurdle on the 27th and shortly after I should receive my date!!! EDG here I come....

Work Outing

Just posting a pic of our work outing on Friday...this was before the 3 accidents I had...yea 3 and I lived to talk about it lol. It was a lot of fun, and after reviewing the photos, it is definitely time for a change, my butt has gotten way to big!!! Wednesday is the EDG...

EDG...Check and done!!

So I had my EGD today and the results were that I have a hernia...shocker. I now weigh 172.5. I should have my date in the next few days. Fingers crossed it will be mid October... I am starting to stress a bit about the money because today at the hospital I realized that the hospital is not in my network, so I will be responsible for more costs, but they do bill you so I guess I should add it to the normal monthly bills. I am sure this will be so worth everything once I am feeling better. I was bummed yesterday because a group of people at my work are going to do a 5K together in October and I don't feel I can participate because its just to much pain for my body right now. So, I think my 6 mos to 12 mos goal is going to be to participate in a 5K. I am super excited to get this moving!!!

We have a date!!!!!

I am super excited to announce that my date has been set. It is November 3rd. I am very excited but a little bummed because thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I most likely won't be able to do the big production that I normally do, but it is a great month for my rebirth!
Dr. Kim

So far I have met Dr Kim and the other Dr in the practice once. They were awesome. I didn't feel pressure to rush, they took lots of time and explained everything thoroughly. I went to another surgeon and they seemed to try to talk me into the gastric bypass, which was out of my financial ability plus I have been diagnosed with RA and at some point in my life will need to take steroids which Dr Kim said that will cause major issues with a bypass.

Just a little over a week after mine, gosh even typing that increases my reality! All my best wishes!
Best of luck to you!!! You're nearly there! October is a fine month for the surgery; you'll be healthier and thinner by the holidays! Please keep us posted!
Hope it isn't long for you now (and me). I'm hoping to get my surgery next week when I meet with the internalist, psych & surgeon.
You are going to be so happy once you are sleeved! I am 3 weeks post op and I have dropped 19 pounds and my body doesn't hurt when I get up or lay down....it's fantastic!! The craziest thing is I loved sweets before and now I can hardly get my chewy vitamins down.....way too sweet makes me feel icky! Love it! Good luck to you and keep us all posted!
Ccr3 you sound like it's been exactly what you hoped for and perhaps even more! Great of you to share itch those that are waiting for our turn. Thank you!
Oh yes it has been fantastic! You will be so happy when you get your sleeve ;) I still have my mind food thoughts but I try really hard to push them away! It's a battle but every morning I wake up and feel better then I know I have to stay on track!! Good luck to you and keep us posted here!!
Can't wait to follow your "after" pictures.....
I think October is a great month for sleeving (by coincidence that's my date)
I couldnt agree more!!! :)
Welcome and thanks for sharing with us!

Good luck on Thursday for your appointments/tests, I hope they go well. Be sure to let us know how you get on. Also, check out the sleeve forum, for support from the other pre-and-post-op sleevers.
Hopefully our surgeries will be similar dates so we can coach/help eachother along the way. Good luck and keep us posted.
That would be great. I have a few appointments this week and the egd at the end of the month. I have no idea when they talk about surgery dates so I am just hangin in there waiting...lol
I'm on my journey too, way down here in Australia, the sleeve surgery date is October 24th for me. All the best and I'll look forward to reading updates from you in Texas.
Thank you and I look forward to reading your updates as well...Good Luck to you!!