8 weeks Post-op and Wouldn't Change A Thing! - Cold Lake, AB

Well, where do I start? I am a 28 year old,...

Well, where do I start? I am a 28 year old, married, mother of one...and only one. My daughter, almost 2 years old now, was 9 lbs 14 oz when she was born. Needless to say, I had a huge belly!

In the 6 weeks after having my daughter I drastically lost 40 lbs, going from 197 lbs to 155 lbs. By the time my daughter was 1, I was back up to 177 lbs. That's around the time I decided that all the extra skin and stretch marks needed to go.

I set up a consultation appointment with my plastic surgeon and decided to change my life. Exercising everyday and completely made over the way I ate, with help from a dietician. By January I had lost almost 20 lbs and had my consult with the surgeon. He said I was a perfect candidate and had the typical "mummy tummy". Surgery was set for June.

About 4 weeks ago, the PS office called to say they had a cancellation and could move my surgery up to May 16! "Hell Yeah" I said and now I am 5 days away. I'm going crazy trying to keep myself busy. Just this morning I got groceries, did laundry, vaccuumed the house and took my daughter for a walk! Oh well, still lots to do though. I live 6 hours away from where my PS is, but fortunately my in-laws live there as well so I'll be staying with them after surgery, so I have a lot of packing to do!

I am now down to 150 lbs, which was the goal I set for myself to be at before having surgery. I can't wait to wear pants that fit properly, and wear a bikini again, and not look 5 months pregnant when I wear yoga pants, and not sit down and cry in clothing store changing rooms! Anyways, I'm so glad that RealSelf.com is here and has made getting ready for my surgery so much easier. Thanks!

Pics of the infamous "Flap". Can't...

Pics of the infamous "Flap". Can't wait for it to be gone!

Well, it's Saturday night. One more day until...

Well, it's Saturday night. One more day until surgery. Made it to Calgary with my daughter, all in one piece. Had my hair cut and coloured today since I probably won't be able to get it done for a couple of months after surgery! Getting pampered was a great stress releaver!

Going to keep busy tomorrow by going shopping with my mother-in-law. Going to try and find a wedge pillow for sleeping with.

Missing my hubby a lot. Unfortunately he is unable to be with me for surgery. His work is just too crazy right now and they don't deem my surgery as "necessary", so I won't be seeing him until Thursday.

I'll see everyone on the flip-side. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'll put up post op pics as soon as I can after surgery!

So, it is the day after surgery and I'm...

So, it is the day after surgery and I'm feeling not too bad. My PS does spinal block instead of a general anesthetic so there was no sickness after surgery. Went in at 7:30am and went home at 3:15pm.

Felt queasy around 6pm but I think it was because I didn't stay on top of my pain management. Felt okay by 9 pm last night. Was up twice during the night to pee and mave meds.

Today has been good so far. Eating and drinking is good. Staying on top of the pain meds too. Took my binder off today to flip it and saw my new tummy for the first time. I was so over whelmed at how great it looked that I started to cry! Which, of course, hurt!

I've been at my in-laws recovering and my mom also came to help and I truely don't know what I wold do without them. They help me in and out of the recliner, empty my drain and keep track of all my meds! I definitely couldn't have done this without them!

Back to the PS on Thursday for dressing change. Will update you all then!

I feel great today. A little tired this afternoon...

I feel great today. A little tired this afternoon but I had a very busy morning! I stoped the percocet yesterday and just taking 2 Advil every 4 - 6 hours. Only had to get up once last night to go to the bathroom too. My wonderful Mom was my hair this morning and helped me put on leggings and a dress. I was able to blow dry and do my hair too!

Went to the PS office today for my dressing change. They took off the gauze and put my drain through a whole in my tank top and put my binder back on. The nurse said I was looking great, I'm healing well and the fluid in my drain is turning clear which is also a good sign. Now just have to wait until Tuesday to have my drain removed!

Thanks to all the ladies on RealSelf.com for the positive comments and congratulations! I am absolutely sure that this procedure was the right thing for me to do!

So it has been one full week since I had my TT...

So it has been one full week since I had my TT done. I am absolutely floored with the results! I couldn't have imagined them better. Belly button still looks funny but it probably will for a while. Unfortunately, I had so many stretch marks that once the skin was pulled down the only place for my bellybutton to go was on the edge of them. I can't complain because however it turns out will be better than what I had before!

I hit the emotional brick wall on Saturday though. I hated everything that day! The drain, the binder, the recliner, everything! I forced myself to spend some time out on the deck in the sun and watched my daughter play tea party...made me feel so much better.

I was off the Percocets by Wednesday afternoon and now only take 2 Advil twice a day. My antibiotics will be done today as well. Only thing left is one baby aspirin a day for another 2 weeks and then no more pills!

Going back to the PS tomorrow for drain removal, which can't come fast enough! After that I go from my in-laws house here in Calgary to my parents house in Edmonton for 2 more weeks.

I will post new, drain free, pics once I've got them!

Day 10 post op pics! Drain free, tape free!

Day 10 post op pics! Drain free, tape free!

I am now 3 weeks post surgery. Everything is going...

I am now 3 weeks post surgery. Everything is going well. Scabs are starting to come off and the scar underneath looks really good. Not really red at all. Swelling is still kept at bay with the binder being on 24/7.

Finally starting to walk straighter and for longer distances. Went shopping with my mom and daughter yesterday. Tried on some cute dresses, size 6 and small! Felt good, but didn't end up buying anything. Still have that crazy fat/hanging skin thing in the back of my head. Gotta get over that before my trip to Las Vegas. Might try again tomorrow.

Sadly, I had to put down my dog this morning. He was diagnosed with cancer about 4 weeks ago and late last night he was just in too much pain. Pretty sore today from crying and being upset.

New pics to follow soon.

4 weeks post op! Finally back at home and...

4 weeks post op!
Finally back at home and feeling pretty good! Had a very busy weekend too. Visited with a friend and her family while they were camping close to my town. Also went to our friend's daughter's first birthday party. Pretty tired and sore after the crazy weekend, but feels great to see my friends again.

All scabs are now gone, but some pesky stitches still hanging on and poking through. Laughing and coughing doesn't hurt as much anymore. Able to put my binder on by myself now too!

Hoping to start going for some walks, as long as the weather is good! In desperate need of some exercise... my butt is getting flat from having to sit and rest so much, and legs are starting to get jiggly!

New pics added!

I am now 8 weeks post-op today! I feel great and...

I am now 8 weeks post-op today! I feel great and my healing is going very well. Still have to wear my binder daily but can sleep without it at night. Going to see my PS this week so hopefully going to get some new instructions for binder wear and whether i can exercise or not.

Still kinda numb around my belly button area. Only the skin is numb though, my muscle can feel it if I scratch or touch. I have been taking Bromelain in the afternoon to help with the evening swelling. I have to admit that my swelling isn't too bad. Just a little below my incision and under my boobs.

Headed out for a 2 week road trip with my husband to the States in a couple of days. Very excited to do some shopping!

New pics to come soon!

Calgary Plastic Surgeon

What impressed me the most about Dr. Perron is that he taked great pride in his work. He does what is best for you and your body to give you the optimal outcome! His staff was great. Everytime I had a question, no matter how silly, they always answered it and put my mind at ease. They made me feel reassured about the decision I was making to have this surgery and I truly appreciate evrything they have done for me,