8 weeks Post-op and Wouldn't Change A Thing! - Cold Lake, AB

Well, where do I start? I am a 28 year old,...

Well, where do I start? I am a 28 year old, married, mother of one...and only one. My daughter, almost 2 years old now, was 9 lbs 14 oz when she was born. Needless to say, I had a huge belly!

In the 6 weeks after having my daughter I drastically lost 40 lbs, going from 197 lbs to 155 lbs. By the time my daughter was 1, I was back up to 177 lbs. That's around the time I decided that all the extra skin and stretch marks needed to go.

I set up a consultation appointment with my plastic surgeon and decided to change my life. Exercising everyday and completely made over the way I ate, with help from a dietician. By January I had lost almost 20 lbs and had my consult with the surgeon. He said I was a perfect candidate and had the typical "mummy tummy". Surgery was set for June.

About 4 weeks ago, the PS office called to say they had a cancellation and could move my surgery up to May 16! "Hell Yeah" I said and now I am 5 days away. I'm going crazy trying to keep myself busy. Just this morning I got groceries, did laundry, vaccuumed the house and took my daughter for a walk! Oh well, still lots to do though. I live 6 hours away from where my PS is, but fortunately my in-laws live there as well so I'll be staying with them after surgery, so I have a lot of packing to do!

I am now down to 150 lbs, which was the goal I set for myself to be at before having surgery. I can't wait to wear pants that fit properly, and wear a bikini again, and not look 5 months pregnant when I wear yoga pants, and not sit down and cry in clothing store changing rooms! Anyways, I'm so glad that RealSelf.com is here and has made getting ready for my surgery so much easier. Thanks!

Pics of the infamous "Flap". Can't...

Pics of the infamous "Flap". Can't wait for it to be gone!

Well, it's Saturday night. One more day until...

Well, it's Saturday night. One more day until surgery. Made it to Calgary with my daughter, all in one piece. Had my hair cut and coloured today since I probably won't be able to get it done for a couple of months after surgery! Getting pampered was a great stress releaver!

Going to keep busy tomorrow by going shopping with my mother-in-law. Going to try and find a wedge pillow for sleeping with.

Missing my hubby a lot. Unfortunately he is unable to be with me for surgery. His work is just too crazy right now and they don't deem my surgery as "necessary", so I won't be seeing him until Thursday.

I'll see everyone on the flip-side. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'll put up post op pics as soon as I can after surgery!

So, it is the day after surgery and I'm...

So, it is the day after surgery and I'm feeling not too bad. My PS does spinal block instead of a general anesthetic so there was no sickness after surgery. Went in at 7:30am and went home at 3:15pm.

Felt queasy around 6pm but I think it was because I didn't stay on top of my pain management. Felt okay by 9 pm last night. Was up twice during the night to pee and mave meds.

Today has been good so far. Eating and drinking is good. Staying on top of the pain meds too. Took my binder off today to flip it and saw my new tummy for the first time. I was so over whelmed at how great it looked that I started to cry! Which, of course, hurt!

I've been at my in-laws recovering and my mom also came to help and I truely don't know what I wold do without them. They help me in and out of the recliner, empty my drain and keep track of all my meds! I definitely couldn't have done this without them!

Back to the PS on Thursday for dressing change. Will update you all then!

I feel great today. A little tired this afternoon...

I feel great today. A little tired this afternoon but I had a very busy morning! I stoped the percocet yesterday and just taking 2 Advil every 4 - 6 hours. Only had to get up once last night to go to the bathroom too. My wonderful Mom was my hair this morning and helped me put on leggings and a dress. I was able to blow dry and do my hair too!

Went to the PS office today for my dressing change. They took off the gauze and put my drain through a whole in my tank top and put my binder back on. The nurse said I was looking great, I'm healing well and the fluid in my drain is turning clear which is also a good sign. Now just have to wait until Tuesday to have my drain removed!

Thanks to all the ladies on RealSelf.com for the positive comments and congratulations! I am absolutely sure that this procedure was the right thing for me to do!

So it has been one full week since I had my TT...

So it has been one full week since I had my TT done. I am absolutely floored with the results! I couldn't have imagined them better. Belly button still looks funny but it probably will for a while. Unfortunately, I had so many stretch marks that once the skin was pulled down the only place for my bellybutton to go was on the edge of them. I can't complain because however it turns out will be better than what I had before!

I hit the emotional brick wall on Saturday though. I hated everything that day! The drain, the binder, the recliner, everything! I forced myself to spend some time out on the deck in the sun and watched my daughter play tea party...made me feel so much better.

I was off the Percocets by Wednesday afternoon and now only take 2 Advil twice a day. My antibiotics will be done today as well. Only thing left is one baby aspirin a day for another 2 weeks and then no more pills!

Going back to the PS tomorrow for drain removal, which can't come fast enough! After that I go from my in-laws house here in Calgary to my parents house in Edmonton for 2 more weeks.

I will post new, drain free, pics once I've got them!

Day 10 post op pics! Drain free, tape free!

Day 10 post op pics! Drain free, tape free!

I am now 3 weeks post surgery. Everything is going...

I am now 3 weeks post surgery. Everything is going well. Scabs are starting to come off and the scar underneath looks really good. Not really red at all. Swelling is still kept at bay with the binder being on 24/7.

Finally starting to walk straighter and for longer distances. Went shopping with my mom and daughter yesterday. Tried on some cute dresses, size 6 and small! Felt good, but didn't end up buying anything. Still have that crazy fat/hanging skin thing in the back of my head. Gotta get over that before my trip to Las Vegas. Might try again tomorrow.

Sadly, I had to put down my dog this morning. He was diagnosed with cancer about 4 weeks ago and late last night he was just in too much pain. Pretty sore today from crying and being upset.

New pics to follow soon.

4 weeks post op! Finally back at home and...

4 weeks post op!
Finally back at home and feeling pretty good! Had a very busy weekend too. Visited with a friend and her family while they were camping close to my town. Also went to our friend's daughter's first birthday party. Pretty tired and sore after the crazy weekend, but feels great to see my friends again.

All scabs are now gone, but some pesky stitches still hanging on and poking through. Laughing and coughing doesn't hurt as much anymore. Able to put my binder on by myself now too!

Hoping to start going for some walks, as long as the weather is good! In desperate need of some exercise... my butt is getting flat from having to sit and rest so much, and legs are starting to get jiggly!

New pics added!

I am now 8 weeks post-op today! I feel great and...

I am now 8 weeks post-op today! I feel great and my healing is going very well. Still have to wear my binder daily but can sleep without it at night. Going to see my PS this week so hopefully going to get some new instructions for binder wear and whether i can exercise or not.

Still kinda numb around my belly button area. Only the skin is numb though, my muscle can feel it if I scratch or touch. I have been taking Bromelain in the afternoon to help with the evening swelling. I have to admit that my swelling isn't too bad. Just a little below my incision and under my boobs.

Headed out for a 2 week road trip with my husband to the States in a couple of days. Very excited to do some shopping!

New pics to come soon!

Calgary Plastic Surgeon

What impressed me the most about Dr. Perron is that he taked great pride in his work. He does what is best for you and your body to give you the optimal outcome! His staff was great. Everytime I had a question, no matter how silly, they always answered it and put my mind at ease. They made me feel reassured about the decision I was making to have this surgery and I truly appreciate evrything they have done for me,

Hi Thanks for taking the time to write your story. I'm scheduled for July with Dr. P. I am VERY nervous! I've had twins (they're 18!) I am 52, so it's now or never. I'm just very anxious so I'm glad to have found positive review about this Doc.

Yes I have to agree with you!  You are looking totally awesome:)

Lookin' great! I hope to look great in Lulu yoga pants sometime soon :)
I feel like we have really similar bellies pre op. I am now 3 weeks post op so it would nice to see your pics at 4 weeks! How are you feeling now? I have big time swelling. Hoping it will go away someday...lol. Hope your feeling well! Take care...
YOU GO GIRL..you are lookin fab, I cant wait to be post 4 weeks. Im goin on 10 days now , and I of course am still wearing my binder. I feel like its my security blanket now. I notice when I walk alot I get really swollen, or atleast I feel like Im a hot air balloon. LOL anyways, jus wanted to say you look great...keep up the good work...HUGS
I agree!...our tummies look identical before and after! You are looking great! Hope my swelling goes down like yours!
I'm kinda scared of getting rid of my binder. I guess I've grown attached to it! Lol. As much as I hate it, I feel so weird without it on.
Vegas? Exciting!!! Have fun rocking that new tummy!
Did you go shopping for new clothes yet? I can not wait till all my swelling is gone so I can buy cute outfits. Even right now, my shirts looks amazing on me. :) but my jeans won't button. :(
I did do a little bit of shopping. I picked up a casual dress and a cute romper. I'm saving all my shopping for Las Vegas.

I've been pretty lucky with my swelling, in that most of my pre-op clothes are too big! I kinda look like a slub walking around in too big clothes though!

Hope your swelling settles and your recovery continues to go well!
whooop gooo Canadians...Im a Albertan as well..Rock it!
You look amazing! I am always excited when I find more Canadian/Albertans on this site. It looks like a couple of you guys have had the same surgeon I may have to check him out! Hope your healing is going well.
Hey dear!
how are you feeling? Hope your recovery is going smoothly. I was wondering if you are able to lift your baby yet? I'm one week post-op and don't plan on lifting my baby yet but wondering when I will be able to. Thanks.
Hi there! I've been doing pretty good! I am just over 2 weeks post op and feeling human again! It sure helps when you are eventually allowed to take a shower!

I haven't lifted up my daughter yet and my PS doesn't want me to until at least 6 weeks post op. He says it allows my body enough time to start to heal around the sutures holding my abdominal muscles together.

It has been difficult not being able to lift her for cuddles, but she understands and just climbs up on the couch and sits next to me.
Your tummy looks super! How are you feeling today?? Are you 3 weeks post op now? how is the swelling?
Thanks so much! I have been feeling pretty good. I am just over 2 weeks post op now. Finally started sleeping in a bed through the night!

My swelling has been the thing that has surprised me the most. The first few days after surgery all of my swelling was in my hips, thighs and butt. Now, my swelling has disappeared and I can get jeans on over my binder! It's probably because my PS instructed me to wear my binder 24/7, only taking it off to shower. I won't know how bad I'll swell until I start going a longer amount of time wihtout the binder on.
You are looking awesome! Congratulations on new tummy.
Looks soo good.. Congrats on ur new tummy :)
man you and i have the same tummy...exactly the same, hehe I also read you live in Canada. Im from Alberta and my family is from Cold lake. Anyways I jus wanted to say how flat your tummy is in your pics..you look absolutely OWESOME..i cant wait for my surgery. I have a child as well...and only the 1 he is about to turn 9 in about a month and he was a 9lb baby, I was massive when I had him and aquire a huge amount of stretch marks, or as my bf calls them a fireball on my tummy. I hates it,,,I dont like looking at it what so ever. Now finally, it will be in the past. If you could give me any advise or words of encouragment that would be great. Im so excited but I had a dream the other night about my surgery and made me a little uneasy. Still I cant wait and Im gonna do this for myself. I hope your happy with the results. I keep hearing that it takes about 6months to a year to see the REAL results, so I guess I will bust my butt in the gym until next summer. :) Hang in there...I hope all is well today
Thanks so much for the compliments. I was definitely surprised by how flat my stomach turned out too. I guess they removed a lot of skin from me because my stretch marks started at my ribs and now they are all under my belly button. I've been really lucky with the amount of swelling I had too. I stuck to the pre and post surgery diet that my surgeon suggested and it really helped!

This surgery is definitely worth it if you have the time and patience to put into it. I'm big into working out and always go go go in life. It has been hard for me to just stop, sit on the couch and let my family take care of me, but it is necessary to get positive results!

I can't wait to get this binder off and return to my workouts! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to exercise for at least 3 months! But I definitely wouldn't do anything different! have you had your consultation yet? When is your surgery booked for?

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me!

Beautiful tummy!   Congratulations:)
You look amazing!!!
Hey girl. Your tummy looks so good. I keep coming back to look at your post-op pics! They are really helping me look on the positive side! Do you mind sharing how tall you are? And did you get any liposuction? I'm just having a full TT with MR but no lipo. I hope my results turn out good!
Thanks so much! I'm loving y results so far too! I am 5'7" and weighed 145lbs. the morning of surgery. I had the full abdominoplasty which included the muscle repair and liposuction. My PS does it all together as a complete package to get the best results possible.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions!
Girl, excellent before and after. Those are the results we are all praying for! You are going to great in a bikini soon.
Thanks so much! It has been easy to recover since I've had such great results so far!
Hi congrats! Great results! What helped you with your weight lost? Any tips? I been trying everything and taking tips and advice from everyone. Lol
I went to a dietician to help with my diet. I had some blood tests that showed my triglycerides were high and my family doctor wanted them to come down. I was put on a diet that is much like a diabetic diet. Had to cut out the sugar and salt, weigh and measure my food and have the appropriate servings of each food group each day. It helped by keeping a food journal and adding up all my servings at the end of the day.

Label reading became really important too. You think your doing something good for yourself by eating a yogurt, but it turns out to have a ridiculous amount of sugar in it!