Facelift with Fat Transfer -- Amazing!! - Coconut Grove, FL

I am 66 years old and have aged well. I have...

I am 66 years old and have aged well. I have never been taken for my stated age. The upper part of my face is good, good complexion and very little wrinkling . . good genes. I noticed changes in my neck about 6 years ago but b/c my face was in good condition, I didn't consider a cosmetic procedure. However, the day after I turned 65, the muscles by the side of my mouth seemed more prominent and, quite frankly, the lower part of my face was heading south fast and I knew that only a facelift with fat transfer to all depleted areas would remedy my face.

I live in South FL and consulted with numerous doctors in the course of the last year and a half. Every doctor had his own "special" way of doing things but I couldn't find a doctor who I felt comfortable with. Within my research, which was extensive, the name Dr. James Stuzin kept presenting itself. Dr. Stuzin is an expert on the aging face, having published and very well credentialed. The problem was he was a distance from where I live and I thought within the Palm Beach County FL area I surely could find someone. I knew I had to make a decision soon and I decided to go the distance for a consult with him.

There was a 4 week wait to have the consult. I kept telling myself that I would take the knowledge I gained from him and find someone closer to home . . . that was until I met him. Dr. Stuzin is amazing. He is kind, puts you at ease immediately, and provided me with in-depth answers to my concerns. He explained the fat transfer process and it was simply a relief to me. All of his reviews are top rated. I scheduled my surgery the day of the consult.

After surgery, I spent 2 days at the Ritz Carlton, with medical staff icing me and bringing me to his office for daily checkups. Once released, I went to his office [even Sat/Sun] so he could check me. You see him for one consecutive week post-op, until your drains and stitches comes out. My remaining stitches come out in two days. I was comfortable after surgery and did not take any of the pain medication. My scars are fast fading and the swelling is minimal. I hardly had any bruising.

You are counseled on what foods to eat and not eat b/c nutrition plays an important part in the healing process. Clearly, Dr. Stuzin loves his work and cares for his patients. My experience was 100%+ positive, without any exceptions. While I am only 6 days post-op, my results are amazing and very natural. If anyone lives in FL [south FL particularly] , you owe it to yourself to consult with him. If distance is your concern, I understand that aspect but once you meet with him, there is no doubt that you have finally found "the best" on all levels.

I just had a consultation with him. I have not found so much information about Dr. Stuzin on the internet and unfortunately I do not know any patients of his. If you could contact me or post pictures it would so helpful to make a decision. So happy to hear you loved your result. Susan

Thank you for sharing your experience so far on RealSelf! I hope you'll keep us posted as you continue to heal. And we would LOVE to see your photos (even with eyes blurred out). They are so helpful to others considering a similar procedure.

I've been thinking about seeing him for a consult but was afraid he was too expensive. Did the $13,425 include everything? Please post a pic when you feel up to it... Thanks!
Miami Plastic Surgeon