You'll Look Like A Freak But It's Worth It - Las Vegas

I had CO2 laser resurfacing years ago. It...

I had CO2 laser resurfacing years ago. It didn't change the surface of my skin one bit, but it really tightened up the collagen underneath (better than Thermage). When I was in my late 30s, I looked like I was in my early 20s. I would get carded at casinos. The results lasted for years.

The huge downside was that my face scabbed and swelled so badly I looked like a freak. i could not go out in public for weeks. I looked so horrible that when I looked in the mirror I thought I had made a serious mistake and ruined my looks. I couldn't see how the mess that was my face was going to heal up and ever look normal again.

There was one burn/scab that went into my bottom lip. It cracked and I could see into the interior of my lip. I was very careful not to disturb this scab because it would have scarred badly but amazingly it  healed up and left no trace.

I highly recommend this for sagging skin who can hide from the world for about six weeks.

has anyone one had laser 11 weeks ago and is still red and blotchy. I had mine at lifestyle lift
Feb 1st I had full face Erbuirum Yag (spelling) laser resurfacing. Needed Extenstive Fat Fill added, so I went under General Anthesthia... I had NO pain! My doctor did a 2 day covered (mask like monster movie!), then uncovered healing. I am at 2 weeks right now and LOVE LOVE IT! I AM still red under eyes (she had to go deeper there), but definately can see what results will be and have almost NO wrinkles (I had some bad ones sun damage and smoking)... all gone, no pain. I like the thought of going to sleep, getting the laser and fat fill, and waking up (with pain pills to get me through), and NO PAIN! DO make sure you check with several doctors, AND find a certified Plastic Surgeon! MOST won't need to be put under (but I was quite happy to pay extra for that... read NO pain again :-), but after laser pain management is a MUST! I have not tried makeup as I go no-one except doc appts... But NO, I don't see unless you don't work in public.. I don't see only 10 days till back to work -- YES you feel good enough, YES most of your face will be fine... but I think everyone would agree, under your eyes takes longer and stays red! I would do this again in a MINUTE my honest opinion.
MAN i get this done tomorrow, from what some of these people are saying is scraacing me. i was really hoping this would turn out good for the money i think it should i can't afford to waste money like my friends and family would think, so i haven't told them cause i don't want to hear it. i want to feel better about myself again i hate having my picture taken now, where before i would take a good pictures. i smoke also that does concern me, what do you think? megan
Megan, this IS definately the biggest "bang for the buck"! I had one shot at doing something about my horrible wrinkles (sun and smoking)... and when the doc said that to me, I was ON board! I cut WAY back on smoking before surgery, and after for weeks -- this helps give the oxygen more a chance to heal your skin. (Actually there are doctors that won't DO this if you are still smoking -- thank god I found one that did her warnings, but we all went through it) Today is week 4 and OMG I look 15 years younger AT LEAST!! I still am "pink" under my eyes, but with a longer down time to get the BEST results for the money and doing it ONE time was perfect!! on the other website for plastic surgery I'm on, there are tons of pictures of us bright red faces. The biggest note from there is TAKE 2 pain pills every 4 hours!! some folks said, but they told me 1-2 every 4-6 and taking 1 every 6 hours they were in pain!! DOH not me, 2 every 4 hours and NO pain (they were very strong so I never left the house, hubby had to drive me to doc appts, but if you keep UP with the pain you CAN control it) BEST of luck and I hope you do GREAT!! MrsBoots
hi well i had the co2 i don't know that i see a big deferrents no one has even said anything about how i look. what's this about fat filler my doc asked me about it cause i'm afraid to be cut on and i smake anyway and they can't. how long does it last? i've done fillers i've spent 2000. in these fillers with in 2 months. i can still see it is still around my mouth and lips but leaving my jaw area already and my smile lines. how long do fat fillers last maybe this is what i need to do thanks
cranberrysa, I am researching the different types of laser and Correct me if I am wrong but your results are because you used the Erburium laser that removes 80percent of wrinkles as opposed to 40 percent with the CO2 laser.
It was called CoolTouch. I believe that it was not a pulsed laser. I did not do much research on the different types of lasers. I have heard of Ultrapulse but don't know anything about it. Make sure you get some different opinions about the length of downtime!. I am still bright red and having a tough time covering it up--green makeup and all, it tends to slide off the skin. I can't give you much info about the results because I don't know yet. I can tell you that it appears the fine lines are gone, but the deep wrinkles are still there. I had a transconjunctival blepheroplasty at the same time--very little downtime there and great results!
Tammy, I had CO2 laser under my eyes about three weeks ago, and I am still an unusual shade of bright pink/yellowish in two large arcs under each eye. I also have strange, tiny little bumps on the skin. I have no idea what they are. I found the procedure extremely painful. I have not tried to put makeup on. My advice--don't do this without plenty of downtime. You also have to be religious about sun avoidance for about 6 months!
What kind of Co2 laser did you have? I was thinking about the Ultrapulse? It's supposed to be less traumatic with less downtime but I'm just not sure?
tammy i am wanting lazer work done but my doc says in 10 days i should be able to go back to work and wear makeup but i see your saying 6 weeks. im afraid of not being able to really go back to work in 10 days because i think he may just be telling me that. do u have any pictures of how u looked right after u had the co2 done the lazer my doc is going to use is called the feather touch co2. is that the same as yours. please give me as much info as u can even if u can remember what it was like from day 1 until day 30. please more info
Cathy, I had laser surgery under my eyes 11 days ago. There is no way I am ready for work yet. It's not the redness, it is the dry scabbing. I still have huge scars and dark marks under my eyes that makes me look like I got in a losing fight with a cat. I will be returning to work exactly two weeks after the procedure. I can't put makeup on the scabs so am just hoping they will fall off by then. So, please, just heed this warning. You might heal beautifully in 10 days, just like my doctor told me I would. Or it could take much longer. Listen to people's experience more than your doctor. I wish I had. Best wishes to you!
I am 11 weeks and still have redness and blotchy on my face. i do not know how long it takes to heal