7 Months Later Not So Hot

I tried CO2 lasar resurfacing at age 58 to help...

I tried CO2 lasar resurfacing at age 58 to help w/texture and underlying collagen rebuilding. I was useless for a week afterwards, needing to put vaseline on my face constantly. I was terribly swollen for a couple of weeks. the red then pink color lasted over one month.

Now it is 7 months later. some discoloration resulted, which they handled by selling me a $500.00 package of creams I can't remember how to use. there is some minor tightening of my skin, but the texture (pores, wrinkles) has not changed AT ALL

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

expensive, used technicians, very little personal time w/me

Dr N in Bellevue quoted me $5K as well and uses the same machine Dr Cooperrider in Kirkland uses the DOT smartxide. I chose to see Dr C and it cost $1800-- still steep. I am only a few days past the procedure and I am very red, swollen and itchy. I called in to the on-call dr because I felt I was having an extreme reaction. She said I should stop the Aquaphor and start using plain vasaline. I did so. The itching has stopped however, I still have the red bumps going all the way down my neck (I did not have my neck done). Give yourself a good week or more before you can leave the house. I am so swollen, it scares my kids.

I am so surprised you listed Dr. N. I went to see him about an eyelift and he recommended this procedure. I am mid-50's, was NOT a big tanner in my youth. I know Dr. N shows some excellent results so I'm wondering what happend in your case. Do you have fair skin? Did he use Fraxtel? Did he give you pain medications? I thought he put you out and then gave pain meds for the first few days. Wow, 7 months is a long time to wait for the results. Are you a redhead?

I can SO relate to your experience. The same exact thing happened to me. I had an endoscopic brow lift & lower eyelids done, then I had upper eyelids done, then I had the FullFace Laser resurfacing (CO2). These doctors NEVER tell you the truth about how much PAIN your going to endure and they make it sound like a walk in the park. All THREE of these procedures were extremely PAINFUL with a LONG recovery. I still have all this crepy skin on my upper eyelids, so my doctor said he would do the CO2-laser to smooth them out. In my opinion and in my gut, he did not pull my forehead UP enough when he did the endoscopic forehead lift, and I still have creases in my forehead, but when I just slightly pull my forehead up, I look at least 10 years younger. I am ALWAYS getting asked if I want my senior discount, and I have gone to my car in tears many times. The doctor who did my procedures was Dr. Ludwig Allegra. I personally don't think cosmetic surgery is his expertise, and I am NOT happy at all with the results. I also have MAJOR hyperpigmentation in a V-shape on my neck that sticks out like a sore thumb. For well over $10,000 of my life savings....I regret NOT doing more research on the procedures AND especially on Dr Allegra. Thanks for reading this and I am sorry your not happy either. L.P.