32 Yr Old Mom (5'5" / 142) Excited to Lose the Mummy Tummy (lower avelar w lipo, no muscle repair)

Just a few days until TT day. I will be having a...

Just a few days until TT day. I will be having a lower avelar tummy tuck with lippo including sides and flanks. Sounds like I may need one drain. I met with my doctors assistant for pre-op on Wednesday who was very nice and informative. We went over what things to stay away from (ie aspirin). Talked through what to expect post op and took some standard before photos. Lots of things going through my mind on the daily. Trying to prepare myself physically and mentally as much as possible. I'll be calling the office tomorrow to ask some questions etc. This week is either going to drag on or fly by.

Telling People: Added Closeup Photo

Initially I planned on not telling anyone about my TT unless it was unavoidable. I've branched out to telling my closest friends and family....even my manager.

My mom says I shouldn't worry what anyone else thinks about it. I know that's true. But I've always been the person that cares too much what people think. I'm a work in progress in that area but still much better than I used to be.

I've added a close up of the front view. Where you can see some of the stretch marks a ugly piercing tissue. Someone should've warned me about taking that piercing out before I got to preggers. Lol

Anticipation

I am getting pretty anxious as Friday is getting closer. Anyone else lose a few pounds leading up to their surgery?

Since my pre-op I've dropped 3 lbs. I think it's due to the anxiousness I feel. I used to feel like this before every game when I played soccer. I've also not been sleeping good at all. And last night I had some kind of dream about being post op. Could also be that I've been cutting down on things I know I can't eat/drink post op. And drinking more water. But either way I'll be happy to be on the other side of surgery next week.

My belly pre-kids

Post op - first post

Just arrive home about 15 minutes ago. My mom is such a good caretaker and taking care of everything. Here us how my day went:

6:00 AM. Woke up, showered with antibacterial soap. Took my antibiotics. Was super hungry for breakfast but couldn't ???? my parents said a prayer and we were on out way.

7:30. Arrived at Athenix. Made sure they had my moms contact info. And we both head off to a room. Met with the doctors who drew all over me. Purple areas got lipo everything below the black going away. (See photos funny)

Josh and I said goodbye last night.

Doc gave me a cocktail of drugs pre-op. Once they kicked in I was hooked up to an IV and off we went.

I slept on and off through...think I caught myself snoring once! At one point I ask for more drugs and they obliged. :)

Finally they cleaned me up, put on my dressing and sat me in a wheel chair. I started to get really faint lik I was going to pass ou before I even stood up. I asked for water and that helped, so I got in the car and headed home. Systt to feel some psi like muscle burn and a feeling like sore muscles though I didn't have any muscle repair done!

So now I'm home, drinking water, took my meds, and will go to be soon.

Healing: the incisions sting

I got up to use the restroom for the third time since PO and boy do the incisions sting. Pretty sure that's expected though since they ate trying to heal. Also as I continue to try and sleep it's difficult to find a good position in the recliner. I'm also paranoid about a number of things. Such as the fact that if an incision comes undone it can't be seen up again because it has to heal from inside/out. And then my left leg keeps falling asleep so I ale up often to move my legs and ankles.

Looking forward to the first PO app to change the dressings and see how everything is healing up.

Anyone else experience that stinging in the incision areas first day pretty strongly?

First Look (swollen) PO Day1

Had my first post op appointment this morning. This was also my first look at everything. Very swollen but I think I can see that I will like my waste once that goes away. The belly button looks like it will have a normal look too. Hard to tell where my incision falls in regards to my bikini line. Sleeping was rough last night. Going to try sleeping on my side tonight. My mom says I have a lot of bruising around the sides. The envisions still sting and movement is stiff at first whenever I get up but seems better after I've moved around for a bit. Looking forward to having this swelling go down so I can really love my new waist.

Day 2 Post Op: still swollen but on track

Pain is better today and I'm able to move around more easily. Thankful I didn't have to have Muscle repair because recovery is slow enough as it is.

Did my 30 minute walk around the house this morning. It was nice being able to be mobile.

Took my first shower. Taking off the c garment felt so good. At first I thought I wasn't going to experience being faint but gave it a few more minutes on the bed and glad I did. Even sitting down I started feeling faint about 5-10 minutes after it came off. I had my mom use the loofa on my back and it felt so good. I didn't realize how itchy I was back there. Getting it scratched with the loofa was nice. And just getting a full shower made me feel more human again.

Though I have a LOT of swelling I already am loving the flatness of my new tummy. The day I get to go bikini shopping should be fun.

Still can't feel my sides and back and parts of my belly. Stretch marks are almost non existent. Looks like there may be some light marks below the bib but nothing nothing that will stand out. Glad to be on the road to recovery but looking forward to when I won't be a bunch back. Sounds like I'll be one for at least three weeks.

Home now ....

Can I go back to my moms house please? My 5 yr old already flopped his arm down in my belly and I'm already doing too much. Ugh

4 Days PO

A little discouraged by my lack of mobility and swollen tummy. Good news is I am weening off the hard stuff and mostly on Advil now except at night. Pain is more tolerable but hunched a little more than I'd like to be. My tummy feels really tight when I first stand up but I think it's the CG causing the tightness sensation because when I adjust the garmet it's not so extreme. I feel like the CG actually pulls at my stitches if that makes sense. With it off before a shower I feel much more comfortable and can stand with less of a hunch.

If I did this over again I would plan it better and spend a week at my moms house and not work. Coming home has not been easy. Twice my youngest has forgotten and tapped my belly enough to make me worry though I am pretty sure it's fine.

Looking forward toy app on Saturday to see what the doc says about everything. Until then!

Impatient patient...

So I'm 7 days PO. Not much to report on except that I am gradually standing more erect and able to walk a little bit better. I'm impatient though and worrying about anything and everything probably way before there is any reason to worry.

My stomach below the naval looks puffy kind of like a little pot belly. It feels funny too and of course I'm worried about seroma. Tomorrow is my one week app with my PS and I'm sure he'll have all the right answers. Hopefully after tomorrow I won't be so anxious or worried about having a bad outcome. Still very swollen around my back and flanks from the lipo as well.

Looking at my before and current photos I think I definitely see an improvement. However I made the mistake of taking my measurements and they're the sane as before. I think that's expected with the swelling but was still hoping there was some give there. Oh well. So yes, I'm Eor this week and probably a little down but I'll perk up. I know results aren't instant but I can't help but wish they came a little faster :). As my husband said, at least it will just look like gradual weight loss to those who don't know :).

I will probably post an update with photos after my appointment tomorrow. When hopefully I'll have a more positive outlook.

1 week Appointment Done

Had my 1 week appointment today. The main event was getting my stitches out of my new bb which feel good to have out.

Feeling a lot better about the swelling today. Basically there's not much I can do about it since I'm still healing. And I was told that when the ta

Appointment continued...

(Oops accidentally hit submit)
...I was told that in 2 weeks when the tape comes off my incision that the rest of it will puff up to be level with the rest and the swelling won't likely be noticeably better until about 4 weeks.

Everything is healing well though. And looks like I'm right on track.

Very Happy With Results So Far

Quick Post: I took a picture today and was very pleased to see some progress. Is that some contour and definition peaking through? I sure hope so. Could be part lighting part imprint from the garment. Either way it made me feel relieved to see some progress. I would totally rock a bikini right now even though I can't because of the CG. Doc says I need to wear it at least 4-6 weeks. Doctor knows best right!?

Photo edit

Weight and Progress

I have my 3 week appointment on Saturday where I'll finally get to see what's going on under the tape. I have a list of questions I want to ask the doc about and I hope that I get some release to do certain activities. There's a little fold or crease at the top and bottom of my naval. Kind of concerned about that. Mostly I hope to get an ok to slowly start trying to stand up all the way straight and sleep any way I want. It's awful staying in one position all night :)

I also LOVE my baths and going in the spa. So I'm hoping I get the "ok" for that.

When I had my consultation I weighed in at 142 I think in the doctors office. The day of surgery I think I weighed in at 139 on their scale. Today I weigh 132.

I don't know how much fat/skin they took off so I'm curious to find out. I anticipate that some of weight loss is just from my change in diet. Since the surgery I haven't had any soda and I've been sticking to a pretty well rounded diet that is high on protein a low on "bad" carbs like bread. Hoping to see that some of the weight loss is also due to good choices as well since that means I'm on the path to maintaining any results.

The big scar reveal

So yesterday was the big scar reveal where I got my first look at the incision. More on that in a minute. First I just wanted to note a few observations about this journey so far.

1. I have a wonderful husband. The house may not have have been kept up well while I was recovering and the kids were lacking in the bathing department but he did what he could. It's harvest time over here and he's been working long hours; coming home dusty and tired; and while he has complained a little he hasn't blamed me and has continued to be a big support

2. My boys are awesome. They have started helping more since the surgery especially my 7 year old. He has helped me pick things up, get things out of reach and has really been doing it to help mommy.

3. I'm probably going to worry about healing properly for another 6 months. I had the TT, no muscle repair, no drains, with loop on sides and flanks. The NO Drains has me worried about seroma only because I've read too much on these boards lol. Pretty sure it's just normal swelling still but ya know - worrying is kind of all you got as you wait to heal.

4. I now really really realize that this is much more of a recovery process than I anticipated. Well not recovery so much as healing. TTs take a long time to heal - up to a year especially if you do loop with it. I don't think I quite grasped what the wait to heal would be like.

5. What the heck is this list about?

So I prepared myself for the worst Frankenstein incision. I really thought I would probably cry Shen I first saw the scar but I didn't! Taking off the tape stung a little and so I didn't look until it was all off. From my vantage point not looking in the mirror but looking down at my belly I could hardly even see the scar. And it didn't look terrible at all. The nurse said that this is why they leave the tape on for 3 weeks because it really helps to flatten out the incision and protect it while it heals. So by the time of the "reveal" most if it is already healed. She did say that sometimes a stitch will start poking up making a little pin hole and they just take it out and it heals up. She said to keep an eye on it if I see a pinhole because if it starts to widen or not heal they'll want to take a look at it.

I have some hard spots on both sides from the lipo. She suggested that I massage them every night and they should flatten out. There's some pleating in the scar but she said those should flatten out too as jthe scar continues to heal and the skin relaxes.

Using Bio Oil right now for scar treatment - started last night. Trying to decide if I should splurge on the silicone strips or BioCream. Anyone have experience with scar treatment? Is it worth it to get the expensive stuff or does bio oil work just as well?

The crease below my bb should flatten out as the scars heal, relax and the bb widens? I don't like the idea of my bb widening. I like the size it is right now :)

I can start lifting light weights and do squats - yay! I need to get my butt in gear. No cardio just yet. And no planks until I'm completely comfortable standing straight.

I have a lot more I could go on about but I'm totally rambling on. Next appointment is in 3 weeks where I will be 6 weeks PO. Anyhow feels good to have the "ok" to do some stuff still can't wait to do more!

FYI: Loop is autocorrect for lipo :)

FYI: Loop is autocorrect for lipo :)

One Month!

One month post op is finally here! It has gone by extremely slow and sometimes I can't hardly believe I did this. After my appointment last week I decided to do lunges a couple of days in a row but then started swelling and got super paranoid. So I stopped doing the lunges and started paying attention to my salt intake again and the swelling has gone down some. I emailed some exercise classes I want to take to my doctors office and they said absolutely no exercise until I'm 8 weeks and even then to start slowly. So I guess I'll just have to be super careful about what I eat until then. That's right before we leave to go on our cruise though so that's good.

Anyhow not much else to report. I've got what looks like a dog ear in my incision and I just noticed that they weren't able to remove my piercing scar. Which is ok but had hoped it would be gone. Most of the stitches have dissolved with a couple of patches still a hanging on. Also I ordered a swimsuit I thought would cover it ...and it didn't. SO I'm going the custom bottom bikini route and I'm pretty excited about it. I've been working on sizing and style with the designer and she says it will be shipping early next week! If it all turns out good I'll post pics and provide the website for you ladies. A little pricey due to it being custom but I am getting black bottoms so I can wear with all sorts of tops. Plus once they have the sizing down I'll be able to re-order from them a lot more easily down the road. Can't say that I'll be 100% comfy in a bikini but the hubs misses the bikini so us know I'm going to try it out since it's our 10 year anniversary and all :)
Javad Tavassoli, M.D.

From the consultation, to pre-op, to the day of surgery the Athenix Body Sculpting staff has been both knowledgable and helpful. Starting with Maurina as my consultant. She answered my questions and was accurate in determining what procedure was best for me. Candace at my pre-op appointment was super nice and gave me all the proper instruction. On surgery day the entire staff was very clear about what we were doing and what would happen next. Dr Javad has very good bedside manner and was very good about ensuring I was comfortable with everything. This is the first time I've had a surgery done while being "awake". I think the pre-IV cocktail which included some anxiety meds went a long way to make it less scary. During the procedure I recall waking up just a couple of times and asking for more pain control and that was it. And really it was nice not waking up in excruciating pain from being under like I had in a past surgery. So far I'm happy with the results knowing that things will look better once the swelling goes down. I expect a year from now I'll be able to update this review and be overjoyed with the final outcome.

You look great!!!.
Happy 4 week anniversary! One third of the way through the bulk of the swelling! Your incision is still looking great! How are you liking the biooil? Like you said before, in due time the scar will fade and be nearly invisible so you'll have lots of chances to wear several bikinis :) this may be a silly question but can you feel your stitches dissolving? I only ask cause I've read a few other posts of members saying they could - just such a weird thought! Where are you going on your cruise?!
Happy for you! Reading your posts have gotten me excited about mine. It's scheduled for Oct 20th. Still new to this site....I'm enjoying looking at before and after pics and reading stories. Thanks!
Thank you! You're surgery date is right around the corner I bet you are excited. Reading the different stories on here has been super helpful to me too. You can never be too prepared for this stuff :)
Your incision looks like it is healing so well!! And your swelling seems to be improving too! glad to hear you have such a good support system at home. Are you still wearing your CG? I felt naked without mine the first day or so but I definitely do not miss it not. I have also heard really good things about bio oil from friends and read quite a bit about it on here, sounds like a good choice! Are you anxious to work out again? Do you feel like your first three weeks have gone by quickly?
Just realized I forgot to add this to my reply to your post...I don't find I have much of a stinging sensation now, every once in a while it happens though. Otherwise when I touch the area it just feels like....actually I don't even know how to describe it. I can feel pressure on the area, and know it's there, but almost like light pins and needles. Does yours sting quite a bit?
I've got to say I was pleasantly surprised by how thin the scar is. It's is healing very well too. My swelling has increased this past week but I think it's because I've been paying less attention to my salt intake. I also did some lunges two days in a row so maybe that has something to do with it too. I am super anxious to work out again. We're going on a cruise next month to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and I want my legs and butt to be in shape lol. They said I should wear my CG for another 3 weeks. I had lipo on my sides and flanks so I'm sure that's why. I think I'm going to stick with Bio Oil then. Why spend the extra $ you know? I had a corrective chest surgery when I was 15 and you can't hardly see the scar now. I was really good about not getting it in the sun though. So I think the TT scar will be about the same. I feel like my first 3 weeks have been super slow! I'm just so anxious to have the swelling go down and start seeing some major progress. So far I don't feel like I've seen much progress since week 2. You are looking great by the way! Makes me wonder if I shouldn't have had lipo but I know if I didn't id be thinking the opposite lol. Can't wait to feel my back again!
Was just thinking of you and hoping to see an update! How was your incision bound? Stitches, staples, etc. I think that plays a part in the folds appearing though they should eventually even out - at least according to my doctor. Hope You get the green light for some activity and am glad to hear things are going well, the added weight loss always feels nice. Were you "dieting" much before?
I've been looking for your update too! Lol. My bb incision just had regular stitches in them. I know you're probably right about the crease flattening out. I've got to pick and worry about something though right? :) What's funny is I weighed myself after lunch yesterday (132) and before I went to bed I weighed in at 135 lol. I'm back to 132 this morning. I guess that's the swelling? It was kind funny anyhow. I've never been great with the nutrition side of things ...pre-kids I never had to worry about it. Exercise I can do -nutrition not so much. I've learned a lot though and so I've been trying to just make better choices. Early summer I tried sticking to counting calories and actually gained weight. The past couple of months I've stopped worrying so much about calories and just trying to make better food choices of the foods I like. I'm finding I am much more successful with that. Just before the surgery I lost 3 or 4 lbs and it didn't feel like I was really trying to. So trying to keep up the trend. How are you with nutrition?
Haha I know exactly what you mean...after something so big happening, there obviously has to be something to make a fuss over! That's good that you've been able to find something that is easier to maintain than countin calories. I've been meaning to post an update but this week has been crazy and my nutrition was great until last weekend - been having a bit of a cheat week so my motivation to take a picture isn't exactly super high! With that said I have my one month follow up on Monday and think ill post again then. How is your swelling anyway? Good luck tomorrow!
Oh my goodness I ate pizza, ice cream, and cookies at a bday on Friday night and I am totally seeing the effect. Swelling was going down I thought but if you see the pics I posted today I look pretty bloated - probably from the junk food on Friday though lol. And the lipo still has me pretty swollen around the back. Hoping that all takes care if itself soon!
You look great!! The definition is definitely becoming more evident and your incision also looks nice and low! Have you been doing anything different or just letting nature run its course? Happy to hear things are progressing!
Thank you! Just letting nature run it's course but have been watching my sodium intake pretty closely too. Pretty sure it's just I just need to be patient and wait out the healing process :)
So happy to read that there is no seroma - just the regular lovely swelling :) Did you feel much when having the stitches removed from your bb? Just came across a few stories on here of swelling going down before the 3 month mark so here's hoping it is the same for us!
Hi! Yes, I loved getting those stitches out. I read your post today and saw that you got yours out. Woot woot! As you probably know it was mostly numb there anyhow and felt like tugging. The nurse said that my bb was in really good shape. I guess a lot of gals are afraid to wash theirs and she said some come in and it's all dirty and infected. My only pleasure since PO day 1 is a warm shower. So I've been taking one just about every day. 3 month mark is good! Hoping it will be down significantly at the 2 month mark - I've got an anniversary to celebrate :)
Thank you for sharing your journey so far , I think you'll have an excellent end result,wishing you continued happy healing x
Thank you Leelar! I think it will end up good too. The wait and anticipation for things to get better is a mental roller coaster :)
I can only imagine,most reviewers seem to report the wait for change as more mentally than physically wearing, hoping the rest of your journey is smooth :)
Hope your appointment today goes well and that there is no seroma. Has your doctor said anything about massaging the area near your incision? I have read about that quite a bit on here and it generally seems to work for those writing about it - though I am no doctor! Very hard to take things a day at a time but it will all be worth it! Looking forward to seeing your progress pictures and hearing about the appointment!
It went good! And I do feel better after the appointment. But I forgot to ask about the massaging. I think I'd be too scared to put any pressure there right now though. I'll have to remember to ask next time. One day at a time is hard! But I'm getting through it. Just looking forward to the 3 week mark where I'll at least be allowed to stand upright if I want :). A bit tired of being a hunch back.
Glad to hear your pain is decreasing! For me, I started to feel a lot less of the tightness you were referring to when standing right around day 4-5 so hopefully it will be the same for you. When that goes, standing upright also feels much better. Hope your appointment goes well, keep us updated!
Yay! You ve made it! Now the road to recovery begins:) I remember having a million questions/concerns.... And getting up to go to the bathroom was a Major chore! The swelling will last a looonnnngggg time so don't let that discourage you.... TT is a very invasive sugary and takes ediquate healing time. Try n just take one day at a time, your results look like they are going to be AMAZING! Happy healing and if I can be of any comfort or answer any silly questions feel free to write:) Happy for you, glad your mom was there to help take care of you because you seriously need it! My bedroom looked like a hospital room and I didn't go downstairs for at least three weeks. I slept in a reclining lawn chair for almost 4 months(cause I could actually get up out of it myself, if I tried to lie in bed my husband had to literal lift me into a sitting position)
Brenda thanks for the encouragement. I know I'll be knocking on your page with some questions soon. :) RS has been a great prep for me mentally. I think I would've been very shocked about the realization of recovery. I am still shocked to some degree but not as bad as it could've been. I'm a little worried about returning home to my husband and kids tomorrow. Hoping I'll be a little less handicapped. In truth I think I had visions of being able to walk semi normal the first week - but I can see that may have been a pipe dream. :(
Glad to hear you are out! You will have your pre-baby belly back no doubt. Enjoy the rest while you can, keep us updated on your progress!
Thank you! And same to you. It's nice know I'm not the only doing this :)