7 weeks tomorrow, thoughts so far...-Cleveland, OH

I am a 37 year old mom of three boys and wife to...

I am a 37 year old mom of three boys and wife to the best guy ever! My husband and I have happily married for almost 14 years! I have been diligently working out and eating right for 2 1/2 years ( I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life) and have lost about 50 lbs. I have about 10 more to go before the surgery...Like so many moms after nursing 3 babies in 3 years (all my boys were born in 2 1/2 years) my breasts are like something out of a national geographic magazine and my tummy is a saggy mess...I am so excited to be entering the homestretch to my surgery to finally realize the efforts of all of this hard work! I am scheduled for a mommy makeover (tummy tuck, lipo of flanks and breast lift) on October 31...I would covet any advice from those of you who have gone before me...I am 5 ft 4 in tall and 170 lbs...I exercise hard 5-6 days a week...Im hoping to be 162 by the time of surgery.
Sounds like the pounds will be falling off fast, just remember water,water,water! Congrats on your wonderful family, you are truly blessed!

I love hearing happy marriage stories like yours! And congrats on your weight loss as well. That's a great accomplishment.

If you haven't already, check out JenBob's hilarious and informative post about her mommy makeover experience.

And please keep us updated as you get closer to your big day!

Thank you so much! I am so blessed to have a really great husband who I adore! We are excited/ nervous about the surgery...mostly excited! I will check out the blog. I will post some pictures soon! Thanks again!

Slightly off track...

Well with summer sports taking hold of my family I have had been a little off track these last few weeks, but I am feeling better now as baseball has FINALLY ended!! I am really focused on losing my last 10 lbs or so by my next appointment with my surgeon which is on Sept 16. Hope everyone is healing well and all of those prepping for their big day are making good progress! I will post some pictures soon I just have to work up the courage to take them. ahhhh!
Hi there! My surgery is on Nov 4. I wanted to be in touch since yours and mine are close in dates!

Meeting with Dr on Monday

Sorry I haven't updated much...I will add some before photos soon! ahhh! Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. I m getting very excited/nervous! I meet with my surgeon on Monday to finalize plans and get all the details and ask questions. Does anyone have key questions that they asked or plan to ask that they would share with me? I still cant believe Im doing this! Have a great weekend everyone!

40 days and counting!!

Wow I cannot believe I am 40 days away from a much improved me! After meeting with the surgeon on Monday I am very excited...I cant help but think "Is it really going to work for me??" My baby sister is having her first baby this week so I am pretty focused on my nephews arrival, after he is here safely I will really get myself organized. Any prep tips appreciated...Also any thoughts on renting a hospital bed? I am staying at the surgical hospital for 3 nights after my surgery so God willing by day 4 when I come home I will be somewhat functional...Thanks to everyone iwho shares your story on this site, you are all such an encouragement to me.
Getting close now, 3 nights in the hospital will probly be great. I wish i could. Tomorrows my day, it got here fast. Yours will be here before you know it! :)
good luck hun its well worth it and the pain for me has been entirely bearable cant wait to see your results keep us updated sending luck your way x
Good luck! My dates on the 2nd of Nov so close to yours!!

21 days!!!!

Oh dear 21 days till my surgery...I am having a mammogram this afternoon for the first time. Hopefully everything is a-ok. I am starting to get really excited and oddly more peaceful as it gets closer, I think Im just ready to have it done and get on with the healing part! I have started to plant seeds with my kids about having the surgery but I haven't told them for sure yet. My oldest son has an anxiety disorder so he will really worry but so far he is supportive of me doing it "if I decide to" My husband and I will tell them for sure a few days before so we can have time to talk and pray through their feelings and concerns but not give them too much time to think about it. I am hoping you are all doing well...heres hoping my currently deflated boobs wont hurt too much in the mammogram!!!
They say soft deflated breasts hurt much less than firm augmented breasts in a mammogram. It should be fine! I hope it goes well for you. I have never had one, but should soon. Could you please post what it was like, if you don't mind! Thanks, and good luck to you!

mammogram, Check!

So the mammogram was not bad at all! I would say my deflated hang down boobs worked for me today! No pain at all. The technician said everything looked good but the Doctor will review it and send me a report in a few weeks...so I am off to the gyno on Friday and my regular Dr. on Monday morning...even though my surgeon didn't require me to get a bunch of pre testing done, I felt like it was the right thing to do and I was do for my visits anyway...
no pain...just a little uncomfortable for a few seconds...also Praise the Lord everything looked good!

Best tips/products for recovery period

Ladies, you are all so encouraging and helpful, but the way this site is set up makes it hard to figure out the answers to questions you have asked throughout your posting...anyway I am in the final three weeks and I am starting to try and get really organized with what I need, if you have a minute can you tell me what you couldn't have lived without during your recovery?? Thanks so much!!!

valium?

Ladies, did you take a valium in anticipation of the surgery? I don't have a script for it but I know I can get one...what do you think?
Awe your getting close now... How exciting. You know for me I didnt need valium, i was so ready, i really never was nervous but that might be because i take an antidepressant :) i say if you need, it take it. Be comfortable. Good luck love, your day will be here before you know it!
Thanks for the advice. I am feeling really peaceful about everything but I'm wondering if maybe I should get a script in case I freak out last minute...guess I'll think about it a bit more!!
Just wanted to say congratulations on weight loss and decision to have this make over! There surgeries can produce such wonderful results! I had a lower body lift as well as a breast lift....All I can say is being comfortable in your own skin is priceless!!! Good Luck! And P.S.....YES, get the Valium! It really does take the edge off!

almost there

Wow its just a bit over 2 weeks till my turn! I am getting more excited and confident as I get closer! I am nervous about not working out for such a long time since that has become such a big part of my life over the last three years, but I know it will be worth it. I just want to say thanks to all of you ladies who post on this site, I feel so much better prepared to tackle this journey because of your honesty!
almost another week closer for you! How are you doing? Paid my OR fee and pre-registered today! So just need the 24th to get here,lol
It's coming fast!!! We paid my surgeon this week too!!! Can't wait!!!
I heard you were freaked out about the alien drains.  They are probably the worse thing to deal with in this process.  They are inconvenient as well.  But, you do what ya gotta do.  Hopefully, your drains won't be too bad.  I had 3 my first go around and only 1 this last time.  I hope yours will drain fast and good.  If you have any problems with them we are here to support you.  It's gonna be okay!

Little trip

My husband. And my oldest son and I are in Washington DC for a quick trip (my hub has a conference for work), so we've been enjoying the newly reopened museums! Right before we left my husband sent the check to the surgeon!! Yes!!!! Less than 2 weeks!!! Here we go!!!
It's so great....you are down to the last 11 days or so huh? I am on the 28th...just a few days before you...are you ready....got all your stuff...I saw your husband is/was outta town...is he back by the time you do your surgery? What are you doing for aftercare after your surgery...the Boys helping out? How is your weight lost journey...did you get to your 162 goal? We are i. The home stretch now!!! Good luck!!
You can see your most recent comments by clicking on your profile. Not all but recent. I'd like to be able to track them all too.
Thanks! A dear friend of mine had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy last year (at 36 with no risk factors) and even dealing with all she had on her plate, cancer diagnosis , 4 young kids...she really hated those drains!!!! Praise Jesus she is healed and doing great!!! Actually just starting reconstruction! But those drains, they are so freaky!!! If she can do it and you wonderful ladies can do it, I know I can!!!

ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay ladies! Here we go! Last week of mobility and workouts for a while, I am really trying to make the most of it! I got the call from the surgery center/hospital today that I am to report at 6 am on Thursday 31 and the surgery is set to start at 7:30am! Wow! This is really happening! Hope all is well with those recovering and for those gals almost ready- Lets do this!!!!!
You'll do great! It'll come quick and be so worth it,.....
Congrats on your decision to do this MMO. It will change your life for the better. Can't wait to see your updates. You got one more week! Excited for you!!!!
Thanks! I am so thankful for all of the encouragement and honesty on this website...I can't wait to get to the post op days and even though I know there will some dark ones, I am do hopeful for the result even if it takes a while...

Date Change!

My Dr.'s office called today to let me know that my Dr. has to travel the day after my surgery and he likes to be there the next day to check on his patients so we bumped the date up one day from Thursday to Wednesday!!! So just a bit of juggling the plans and we are all set for one day sooner!!! A busy weekend ahead to prepare and here I am wide awake!
Nice, the count down begins!

3 more days!

Well here it is early Sunday morning, I am up early before church to head to the grocery store to buy supplies to make a few home made soups and casseroles for my family before I am down for a while...Im so excited I cant stand it...Any last minute tips or advice? I am going to be staying in the surgical center for 3 nights (our choice not required) so I am really hoping to be in decent shape by the end of day 4 when I come home to my crazy family! Im hoping Ill be able to sit and visit with the kids maybe watch a movie or something? Do you think that is realistic for end of day 4?
Oh wow girl you are so close to your say!! Seems you are totally excited... I'll have to watch your journey ;-) you are lucky you had the choice to stay. Day 4 still Rough but that us when I remember the while day as I was not so drugged lol best of luck!!
One more day! Im pumped! Thanks for your blog and all of your kind words! I will try to post some before pics tonight
Excited for you, Good luck!! See u on Flatside!!! I only had TT, but here's my advice. U can probably lay in recliner or bed and watch a movie by day 4, I did. U will be sore and still on pain meds so sleepy. I felt pretty good by day 7 just sore and ooooober swollen. I had lipo previously very sore, but I'm sure you will do great!!! Just get lots of rest and don't over do it. Hard for us Mommy's to do...

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited, last day before the recovery begins. I have a crazy amount of little errands to run and I still have to pack my bags and finish a few school projects that are due next week so I should be nice and busy all day! We told the boys on Sunday night and they took it pretty well. They are mainly not happy that I will be gone for three nights and not taking them to school for a while but over all I think they are going to be ok! My husband is all ready to go as MR. Mom!! He's the best!
The only real bummer is Im going to get my period in the next few days so I hope that's not too gross! I cant thank you ladies enough for everything!
Thinking of you..GL! Can't wait to see your updated pics
Sounds like you will have everything in place! Your kids will adapt very easily... don't worry. Almost there! Best wishes to you - I know you'll do just fine. And it's not too gross to discuss such things...you will just do what you have to do about getting your period. It will be fine. And then you will have another month to relax and recover without worrying about it! :-) Oh, and any healthcare workers helping to take care of you won't care in the least. They are totally used to such things. Giid luck! Let us know how it goes!
thanks!!!

I did it

Wow! I did it! The pain is pretty legit but I'm going well so far! Dr said everything went great and was apparently extremely enthusiastic when he met with my husband and friends! He removed 7-8 lbs of tissue! Whoa! Happy healing!
Im so glad all is well, I cant wait to see some pictures. Get some rest, you need it. Happy healing love!
Wow that's great.  I don't think my stuff was heavier than 2.5 lbs.  Happy healing!
I know! I thought they seemed like lots, he told my husband and friends when he cut and released all my extra skin it hung to my knees!!!! Ahhhhj! He said hr removed 7-8 but when it's all healed it will look like I've lost 50! Hope he's roght

Best pain med for you?

I'm struggling with the pain management...not sure how much pain to be in...I know basically nothing about narcotics, they have me on Percocet and Valium with an occasional shot of d-something! I just don't think it's enough...but when the dr came in and checked me I couldn't believe it!!! My stomach of play dough is gone!!! Any tips on meds? when I go home Saturday I want to have the right ones...he did major muscle repair I guess they were totally split so I'm thinking that is most if my pain...thanks ladies!!!
I took my meds at every 3 hours instead of 4 and to be honest I think the first 2 days I went to every 2 hours! I know I broke the rules but I was a train wreck!  You can ask to take Tylenol inbetween? It does get better!!
Very exciting!!! It seems like the pain med bit is a bit of "trial and error"- as to what works for you best.  No more play dough tummy-yay!

On the flat side

Ok ladies! I made it, I am home! My surgery was at 7:30 am on Wednesday October 30th. My mom took me so that my hub could get the boys off to school and have a more regular morning. By the grace of God I was totally calm and confident! Staff was great and my game fave was on. The dr arrived to mark me up and he was cracking me up because under his breath he was muttering "oh this is going to look do good!" "These boobs are going to rock" etc...so we walked back to to
The or and we got going...7 hrs later I woke right up and we were done! Recovery was smooth but I hurt of course. The surgical hospital was great I stayed there for three nights which brought me home to my sweet boys and hubby! Boy do I love them! The dr said everything went well and he expects a great result...get this, when he released the tummy skim and fat from my muscles it stretched down to my knees!!! Ewwww! He removed about 8 lbs of tissue and said it will look more like a 50 lb. loss!! We shall see! Happy healing!
you look awesome!!!!! HAppy Healing...
You look fantastic! So happy for you, look at that tiny waist :)
Yjsnks

Post op day 6 and happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday! I am now officially 38! I came home post op day 4, yesterday post op day 5 was good. I'm getting around quite well, finally went to the bathroom all the way thanks PittsburghWife for the senekot tip! The only thing bothering me are the triple treat binders!! I must be much more swollen cuz the 2 binders plus scarlet Ohara girdle really has me struggling throughout the day. Overall though I can't complain my husband who I adore beyond all words washed my hair in the sink and I can honestly say I have never loved him more than in that moment!!! Praise God for my sweet guy and my mom helping out and the boys being so nice and kind to each other ! I see the dr tomorrow. One if my best friends is a dr so she stopped by last night to check everything out and treat my bb! Ladies who are healing keep it up don't overdo it! Those about to go be excited! You can do this! Thanks for the support!
Glad everything is going well for you. N thank God for our wonderful husbands. I too appreciate him so much for all the help. Hope you continue to have a smooth recovery
Ha, glad you took that tip of Senekot, it works like a charm!!! Looking great!! Happy Birthday and you just wait, I am now 3 1/2 weeks post op and feeling fantastic...still a bit sore, still have wound to dress, but hey, I am back in action!!   Keep the chin up, rest and drink lot's of fluids!!!
Great results!  Happy healing!!

A few more before

Is this normal?

Okay mamas I am 8 days post op and overall I've been feeling very well. I have been taking 1 or 2 Percocet (5-30mg) every 6-8 hours. I've been moving well around the house and helping out with a few light household duties...not much, yesterday I felt really well so I cut my pain meds in 1/2 and did alot more walking (again in nothing major) and today I feel like I have been hit by a truck! I've barely moved at all and went back to the high dose of meds...is this a normal up and down? Just needing some advice. I went to the dr on Tuesday which was post op day 6 he said all us well, however I cannot tolerate the binders being off and the drains make it so I can't even imagine trying any clothes on. Anyway any thoughts?

5-10

Sorry that should say 5-10 mg!!!
Maybe you did op much for your body to handle. Hope you take it a bit easier. Maybe the light chores or the walking is not agreeing with your body right now. Hope you feel better
Thanks luvmy3js! I think that's exactly what I did! Then I was just so worn out I got depressed...I'm usually always upbeat so when I get down I really freak out! These binders are making me a little nutty as well, but I can't tolerate bring without then either. Hope you're having a good day and a nice weekend!

Post op day 10

I woke up this morning feeling a lot more normal. I just took a valium to help with the muscle pain this morning and the antibiotic of course. Oh Lord I am so praying that I am finally turning the corner. I still have no major plans for this week except resting so I am super hopeful that I will be on a steady improve this week. I see the Dr again on Tuesday, which is almost 2 weeks post op, he already told me that the dreaded drains most likely will not come out so I am trying to remain positive about that. I know I am swollen because I feel like a sausage in the binder casing, and my feet are a bit large as well, but I'm guessing this is all normal. I am sucking down smart water and gagging down coconut water trying to help. Does anyone have any tips for swelling? Hope everyone is doing well and remaining patient and positive during the healing and waiting time as well!
The drugs make you depressed, I was sooo depressed and said ENOUGH!! I got dressed made myself look nice, went for a 1 hour drive and a stop in at starbucks!  Yup, that's what I did...I felt so much better!! I am 4 weeks post op and take aspirin everyday still, I get sore when I over do it..swelling is way down and worst at night...NOTHING you can do about it...doc said 3 to 5 months for most for no more swelling...I then gradually went out more, and then came right back and rested...I built up the endurance, today I can shop for like 2 to 3 hours and then need to rest...you can do it!! But don't over due it either!! Looking good!!

Post op day 10 photos

Thanks Pittsburgh wife we will have to meet up someday I think we live close together I live near Youngstown Ohio...anyway no Percocet for me today and I feel sooooo much better! Are we allowed Motrin yet? As soon as I get these drains out I'm going to live it up for sure! The swelling is the worst on the sides and hips... Overall not too bad though and the boobs have been no problem so far!

For the moms out there

Thought everyone would appreciate my view of my not clean house...and guess what I don't even care!!! Everyone's alive and that's all that matters!
You're looking awesome!    It will get better day by day.  So worth the journey which will have ups and downs for a while.  Happy healing!!1
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm feeling pretty good just sore. I think once the drains come out I will feel like I have a lot more freedom!
Glad all is well, you look awesome!!

Dr tomorrow, test drive tonight and snow!!!

Ok well here in northeastern Ohio it is snowing! I go the doctors tomorrow it will be one day shy of two weeks, really hoping for some relief from the alien drains! One side is slowly coming out on its own and it really hurts, however I'm still draining between 20-30 cc ml whatever twice a day so well see...due to scheduling issues I have to drive myself to the appt so we loaded up the family truckster and took the boys to dq and mama and papa to Starbucks for a little test drive! I drove and we survived in the sleet which is now turned over to snow! Feeling pretty good these days...still haven't ventured out or dressed in real clothes but I feel ok. Been off the Percocet for several days and last 2 nights just took a Valium before bed to relax the muscles (that really works)!! Otherwise just some Advil and I'm good to go slowly around my house I haven't showered for almost 2 weeks! Yikes! But thanks to my superior hubby my hair had been washed and I've been sponged off a few times! Ladies, hang in there this morning when I woke up stiff and achey I was bummed for a second but a few Advil, water and a cup of coffee later I was doing slow laps around the house!!! You got this ladies!!! Hope your all well!!!
I agree with greenmomto3. Those drains are the worst. My right one was so painful it would dig in my skin and pinch on a nerve that used to make me sweat from pain. I hated that thing. Nways... Glad you're doing good. I too recommend the bromelain and pineapple juice. It helped a lot as well. Good luck and hope you continue to have a smooth recovery.
the drains really are love/hate! I love that the swelling stays down but geez Louise do they hurt. the right one is actually slowly coming out on its own and the caliber of the inside is just a bit larger than the outside so my skin around it is in constant pain but it doesn't seem infected! Thank you Jesus! I literally just use about 1/2 tube of Neosporin on it everytime I check it! Im about 3 tubes down!!! Im drinking smart water probably about 6-9 liters per day and working on the blasted coconut +pineapple. I will pick up the bromelain. I will try to take some pics today but I just hate taking the binders off so much and the drains are so bothersome that Im not too motivated yet. Hoping to get fitted for the first compression garment today and ditch the binders! Thanks! soooo much for the tips and encouragement.
Try the coconut water with the pineapple (I can't drink plain coconut water) Pineapple really helps with swelling. Also, you can take Bromelain tablets. For me, i noticed a huge difference in swelling when I started drinking one a day. The drains are the worst part. Sounds like everyhtings going well. Continued happy healing to you!

For your Splendor

I don't know if this link will work Im not very tech savvy but when I was having a rough day during recovery, thinking all kind of thoughts that are not true and not uplifting, I cried out to God for a song to help pull me out of the pit and this is the song that really puts things into perspective! All of you ladies are gorgeous because of who you are not how flat your tummy is and although having the opportunity to change something about our bodies that made us less confident is a blessing, it doesn't complete our happiness, that has to come from with in us! If the link doesn't work the song is by one of my all time favorite singers and role models Christy Nockels and it is called "For your Splendor", you can find it on youtube. I am so thankful to be on this journey to fix something about my body that I couldn't fix any other way and I intend to enjoy this gift and may God use me in new ways and may my true beauty, happiness and confidence not every come from how I look on the outside but who I am on the inside! This is my prayer for myself and my hope for all of you, that through this process you become more confident to be used for good in the lives of those around you! have a great (and in Ohio, snowy) Tuesday morning ladies. I am always forever grateful for your insight, honesty and helpfulness! Hope everyone feels good today!!

hopefully this is the song!

Enjoy If you need a lift today!!
Your tummy looks great!!! And it will only continue to get better!!!! :)

One drain out! Steri strips gone!

Ok ladies! One drain that was falling out is out! The other one will hopefully be out Friday afternoon! Dr. took off all the steri strips and he said not to panic if I get a little water bed feeling temporarily especially after the 2nd drain comes out. I am blown away!! I can't believe this is my body! The scar looks amazing! He wants me to keep with the double binder rather than a compression garment for now cuz in his words "you will just keep getting smaller"...nuts! Here's a couple pics from before the visit and after
Yay!!!!! So exciting!!!
Thanks I'm pretty humbled! So thankful
Thanks!!!!

Nipples ouch!

After the stitch removal around my nipples(I had a lift) they are really sore and sensitive. Waiting on the nurse to call me to see what I'm allowed to do for them...any tips?
You look amazing! I saved your most recent pic as inspiration for my surgery! I'm still waiting to see if my BR is going to be covered but my Panni/TT is covered. Frankly I do think that I can live with my tatas...but I love your new ones and really hope it gets covered. Otherwise I'm going to have to wait a few years to save up :)
U look fabulous! My PS said to use medical paper tape (cvs) on the scars even after stitches are gone they flatten scars.
That s good I will pick some up. My PS sees me again on the 25th and doesn't want me messing with the tt scar before then for some reason. I am blown away how flat and straight it is...the only weird spot is my left hip area at the tail end of the scar its a little funky but my hips are so swollen and feel so weird from the lipo that Im thinking it will eventually settle down. Otherwise Im pretty amazed!

One thing that really bothered me...

Last night I was telling my hubby (after going to the bathroom after the steri strips were removed) that one thing that really bothered me was everytime I went to the potty my stomach would rest about 1/3 of the way down my legs as I sat there...No matter how much better I would look in clothes as I lost weight and maintained it or even how much better I looked naked while in a standing position, I would always see the truth every time I sat to go to the bathroom...I know that's kinda weird to share but I am so beyond thankful that now when I go to the bathroom I just see my legs!!! I am overwhelmed that I have been given this second chance to use my body for good! Anyhow...again my gratitude for all of your advice and inspiration! Those gals still waiting, it is worth it!!! Not easy but worth it!!! Blessed healing everyone!
Look good and hot
Haha!!!!
looking good every time!!!

Wahhhh! No drain removal today!

Well ladies sadly my second drain can't come out today like we hoped...my dreams of a shower and trying on some clothes this weekend are on hold! The good news is after nearly 2 1/2 weeks she's still draining a lot of fluid that is not building up in my tummy. I just feel like I'm kind of on hold till it comes out... Oh well... Have a great weekend everyone!!
What are you wearing? What items have you found were completely necessary during your recovery? I've got less than a month and I think it'll be helpful to hear what you're using/needing in the thick of it :) Thanks!
Ive been using two binders that the Dr put on me after surgery. I have been using a combo of compression style shirts and large spanx underneath the binders so your skin is protected a bit. I bought a few cheap soft bras to wear as well, that's been great. Other than that I am just wearing loose comfy jammie style pants and shirts. Oh and a couple pairs of granny style panties!! Ive gone through a huge amount of Neosporin and Vaseline on my drain spots and after they removed the sutures from the nipple area. the large (5x9) surgical absorbent pads are awesome cuz they are very think and offer good cushion on the inscision sites so it gives a little padding against the compression, they also fit nicely in bra for nipple cushion as well... Other than that Ive been drinking tons of smart water and pineapple juice...I feel like my swelling is pretty moderate so far but I do still have a drain that is still really draining! Hope that helps! you'll do great!!

State of affairs

You look great! Don't worry about your tummy still hanging over! You still have swelling! :)
You look amazing!! Take it easy and ry not to overdo it even if you think you can. ..lol your body will let you know. . You have lots of support here to. .. use it if you feel down or Stressed ...we are all human and have been or continue to heal and chances are we can help out. . Happy healing:))
Your boobs look friggin awesome. I wish I were that perfect. I am smaller but I am still busty. I am hoping it is all swelling but I may be in denial. :-)

Swim meet-not my best move

Ok so turns out your first outing (while still having your beloved drain) after your mm should not be your sons 6 hour swim meet!!! Wow! I knew I was going to be pushing it cuz swim meets can be sooo long and hot but I am completely destroyed this morning...lots of Advil, coffee, and rest required today. So I'm guessing that this is the point in recovery where we start to think "is it worth it?" I know the answer is yes but it's hard to reconcile that you really STILL can't do your normal activities but although I had planned on going to church which I'm sadly going to miss in favor of rest I'm thankful for a day of rest! By the looks of my dear drain it will be with me for a while...hope you ladies are having a blessed Sunday and even when it's tough it's worth it cuz we will be back up and running soon, better than before and looking good doing it!!! Happy day everyone!!
I figured it would be alot, but Ive read some posts that made me feel like a weirdo. They were feeling great and doing things i couldnt attempt. I still deal with some exhaustion after a long day of normal activities. Your an awesome mom and I know your boys appreciated you being there. Now get some rest love, you need it!
Thanks! It was a push for sure! I feel like you I generally feel good as far as the pain and discomfort goes but I'm not yet confident to really enter my regular life yet! This week I'll take over a lot more usual duties but still should have plenty of down time, thankfully!! How are you feeling? Thanks again for making me feel normal!!
Your results are what I was hoping for! You look fantastic! And my gosh! Less than 3 weeks after! Girl you're so lucky. You had a great doc!

The drain...

Okay ladies who have gone before here's my question of the day...Could I be draining so much fluid because I am purposefully drinking so much water? I am at day 20 with the drain and have yet to drain under 30 cc's...The last 2 24 hour periods I was between 40-50 still!! My friend who is a doctor suggested to cut back on the fluids a bit today and see how it drains. Does anyone have any experience with this? My PS is on vacation this week, I will see him Monday but as soon as I stop draining 30 or more I can go to his office to have his nurse pull it...I also put a call into the nurse she will call me back after 12 today...Other than that I am doing fine just feeling flabby on the arms, legs and butt...I'm used to lots of hard workouts so its kinda getting to me just a bit but I knew it would! Have a wonderful week ladies!!!
You look amazing! I love your belly button!
Thanks! I'm pretty amazed by it myself! It looks so real!
Jenfrogrn seems to really understand this process, my guess is the RN behind her name says it all!! REST!! Better to drain than keep it in your body!! Seriously, it was 2 weeks for me, but glad I had them in as the swelling was down and even now my recovery is pretty good with little swelling...lookin great though!! Are you happy?

Big news!!

After 20 delightful days the drain will be removed tomorrow! Dr doesn't want it in longer than 3 weeks! I'm overjoyed and prayerful that my body can handle the fluid on its own!
Here's to the drains coming out :)
I really enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you for taking us though your journey. I could totally relate to all your pre-op posts!! My surgery is scheduled for 12-6-13 and I'm either really nervous or really excited. I'm so ready to get get my perky boobies back and flat belly. Happy healing!!
Omg I know exactly what u mean feeling all good about losing weight with a smaller belly but then the moment u sit down u feel like crap again... dammit! U look great girl!

Drain free!!

Hallelujah! The drain is out! I'm doing my best stay as sedentary as possible for the next few days...while my body adjusts. Praise The Lord it didn't really hurt at all!! Thanks for all support ladies! Hope it's a good day for everyone!
Yay!! So glad they are gone!!! You are going to feel so much better now!! I was immediately going thru the closet trying things on as soon as they were out. :) you are doing great!!!
Yay!!!! Are you feeling better? Hows evrrything coming along? Get some rest love and happy healing!
No more drains! Yey!!!!

First pic without the drains!

3 weeks tomorrow...def a bit swollen but not too bad yet. Happy healing ladies
I moved into spanx at around 2 weeks PO and they worked great! Just make sure you get the right size or you won't get enough compression. I am just now not in them full time at 6 1/2 weeks. Actually, today will be the first day without any compression! Eek!! Lol. Have a wonderful weekend! You look great!!!
Looking great, I had dissolvable stitches and your right, no pain at all in a BL...I am almost 7 weeks PO and pretty much back to normal...I do not have any more pain, still a small amount of swelling but pretty good I must say...now for scar treatments, and want to work out but have to wait!!
The no working out thing is already driving me s little nuts! I just have to stop eating carbs! I feel really good since the drain came out! In general I can tell a difference in the swelling level from morning to evening but I don't think it's dramatic yet. My tummy is not perfectly flat it's a little puffed out around my bb but even if that's as flat as it gets I'm amazed and thrilled! Totally new body! Amazing! I see the ps on Monday to talk scar therapy. What kind of compression garment are you using? I'm still in my binders but I'm ready to switch dr said I can just go to spans or a garment...wondering what you're using! You look so great!!!!

First shower on 3 week anniversary

Ok ladies! I am officially clean! Praise God we love in a country with indoor plumbing! No joke! Sooo my nipples tried to ruin the shower party with their psychotic sensitivity but it was still great!!!! Anyone else have crazy nipple sensitivity?? Wow! Not so fun! However I did pray they wouldn't lose sensitivity so I guess I should be thankful!!! Have a blessed day!!!

Feeling good...thoughts on compression

Well ladies I am over joyed to say that I really feel pretty darn good! My nipples are behaving a little better and honestly everything else is feeling great! The sensation is almost returned fully to most of my tummy, feels way less weird! So my question is about compression, what have you liked using? I'm still in the binders from post op. The garment I had on post op under the binders is too large and doesn't actually compress so I've been in the binders but they are starting to fall apart and I'm constantly having to adjust them. Dr says I can order a pricy garment or try spanx...let me know your thoughts cuz I see him on Monday. Have a blessed weekend and don't over do it with thanksgiving...make your kids clean and stuff! Thankful for all of you and your encouragement and wisdom! Be blessed!
My ps and the lady in his office both recommended spanx not only for compression but it's helps with the skinless feeling in the abdomen
Thanks I found a body suit style that I think is tight enough, I'm wearing one binder over the spanx over the belly button area for a little extra compression but I think this will be way more comfortable
I'm with you Pittsburgh! Every time I see myself I'm so thankful!!!!! I bought a spanx body suit so I'll give this a try! As always thanks for the help!!!

First real day out

My best friend was my driver and helper but today was a milestone as I was out and about all day! I had to pick out granite for our kitchen so I did that, took turkey's to Salvation Army, went to the mall to buy spanx , got a new pair of undies from vs for the hubster! Had lunch with my best friend and them picked up my kids! Whew!! Felt great to feel "normal", by the end I was getting a little stiff and tired but I really feel good!! Happy weekend everyone!!

Oh no! Water bed!

Well I thought I made it through but this morning when I got out of the compression to take my shower I realized that my private area and just below the incision line is full of fluid!!! I feel so bloated and bummed out! My ps told me this might happen and not to "freak out" if it does, he will just drain it, I have an appt on Monday afternoon...barf! So gross and mentally it's very upsetting to me. So I haven't moved all day and I have the binders as tight as possible...hoping my body will absorb some! Ahhhhhh!! Anyone else have this happen??
Sorry to hear that but you do look amazing! This healing stuff is not for the birds,lol so many ups ans downs we go through,lol
Hi I am almost at 2 months soon and stopped wearing my binder at 1 month my doctor said it was ok. He even gave me the ok to jog. I had started to stop because I had bloated too over the incision though. I layed down on my back with icepacks and took it easy the whole week. No exercise and no cleaning just work supper and bed and things came back to normal. Hope your body obsorbs it like me. Take it easy and listen to your body. Good luck! KKeep us posted.
Sending prayers your way for a healthy recovery.

Largest syringe I've ever seen!!!!!

I went to my almost one month appt with my fluid issue...dr is thrilled with how everything looks and it does look good! The scar is amazing! So he drained the fluid and it was pretty gross, I had to stand up and he numbed the spot with little shot (think dentist) then he got the monster syringe with the large needle and drained what looked like about a water bottle size of fluid!!! Eek! It really didn't hurt it was just gross. He said sometimes he has to do it 2 or 3 times (I hope not)! It feels and looks better! I go back in 2 weeks for a check up and drain if needed! Scar therapy is ordered and he wants me to stay in the binders as tight as I can till we know the fluid is done! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!!! Hope everyone is feeling good and have a terrific thanksgiving!!!
Sending prayers your way for the fluid to be gone. You look amazing girl!!
Thank you! I'm trying a strategy of do a little bit and the sit in the recliner...then do a little more....well see how that works!
My PS told me the motion of twisting will bring on the seroma as worse than anything. So relax and no twisting! I'm getting frustrated with this healing but I guess it's just a short time compared to the rest of our life right?

One month!!!!

Wow! Time flies and goes slow at the same time!! Odd! In general I feel really good, not taking any meds but the occasional Advil....hoping to avoid a fluid build up again and my nipples are still really sensitive! I'm really anxious to just be normal again for my husband and my kids but I am over the moon excited to have this second chance! Cannot wait to start working out again to see what my body can do with out the nearly 8 lbs of skin and fat that the dr removed! Happy thanksgiving! Even though it looks like Christmas in Northeastern Ohio...I am so thankful for all of you wonderful ladies! God Bless!
You are one hot mama! You must be so happy with your results. Beautiful!
Wow! Looks good-feels better!
Looking Fabulous! That snow looks so nice.

Thanksgiving, swelling or period?? Or all of the above?

So I am feeling so fat and I swear my tummy looks fatter! Could I have gained 10 lbs from thanksgiving? Could it be swelling or could it be that it is true that you do get fatter during your raging periods? I've always thought that was true but I used to have so much fat and skin I couldn't tell...well any way my "waterbed" is back it will be drained again in Monday....other than that I feel great just Crampy and bloated!! Happy healing mamas!
water retention, i am sure we will all see it more now that our tummys have been tucked. PROMISE you didn't gain 10 lbs of fat from thanksgiving. Doesn't work quite that fast my dear. Keep eating healthy and drinking water itll clear off in a day or two
I think it's def swelling and general "time if the month" bloating. My muscles feel so much better the last few days, almost no tight, achy feelings at all! Drinking a lot of water and eating clean, just battling the low activity due to my "waterbed"!!! Dying to start walking at least!!!! How are you feeling?
It has to be swelling, there is no way you gained 10 pounds just from Thanksgiving!

5 weeks out!

Well, let me say 5 weeks feels great! Despite feeling very bloated (raging period) and swollen and having a "waterbed" fluid issue I feel sooooo much better! The last few days I feel more and more normal! My muscles feel better, my tummy has regained most of its feeling and my nipples are settling down nicely! So I am really thankful! I want to encourage you ladies that are in the early stages of recovery, it takes a while but you will feel better and better. And here is a fun fact, I can now wear a workout tank top with a built in bra and that's it! No other bra needed!! that's a first since about age 12! Good times!
Thank you so much for your story. It has given me some encouragement to set my date..It could take up to six months for the swelling so hang in and enjoy that beautiful scar and breasts. You healed so well. I will be going to a Cleveland doc. Who did you use? How many days was the pain the worst ? I am afraid of the pain. have you done any exercise yet?
Hi Suzy, I sent you an email through this site with more specific into but basically the pain is pretty intense for the first 3 days. The first week is kind of a blur, after week two it has been a steady climb till now. I would say the pain was no worse than I expected, it was a little confusing at first to get the pain managed because I wasn't sure how much pain I should be in, when my Dr said you should not be in any pain I asked for more meds and it got better! You can do it, its totally worth it!

No bra required! This is too fun!

That's great! :)
I can'y WAIT to buy my first cami w/shelf bra! I hope I llok like you in it ;-)
Looking fantastic, so happy for you :)

Size 10

Ok ladies, I went shopping today before the surgery I was wearing size 14 jeans, they were a bit big but I couldn't go smaller due to the play dough stomach oozing over the top...so today I tried on a size 12 jean and I was kinda roomy so I thought "well I'll try the 10 but I'm sure I won't be able to zip it" oh.my.goodness. The 10 fit!!!!!!! Seriously I have not worn a 10 comfortably or at all really since college! So I am amazed! 3 years ago in December before I really committed to my healthy life style my jeans were a size 20!!!!!! I am so thankful!!! Happy healing everyone! Thanks for all the support!
Amazing
Awesome! Can't wait to drop my weight!

My old jeans

Here is a picture of me in the jeans I was wearing 3 years ago this month!! Amazing!
You look great! So happy for you'!

Pics

Hi happywife! You could be on the billboard for wow transformations :-)! I have been asking everyone how long this super tight feeling will be?? And so do we get used to it at all? Also do you wear your garment? Any insights into the future will help :-) I can't wait to fast fwd life! Congrats again!!
Wowwwy!!! You look fantastic!!! Your boobs look very similar to mine and I am also into size 10 or an 8 if I can find a pair that fits in the butt now!! LOL
Haha! I know! My butt and thighs need some work but I'm confident it will all come together in the next few months as the swelling decreases and I start working out again!!

Almost 6 weeks

Well I had my second fluid aspiration today...this time I got very nauseous and light headed...gross, but after 2 weeks he only drained a little bit! Less than 10ccs the first one was 30ccs...so that is a good sign. Still have to keep with the binders for a few more days, then start weaning off of them and using spanx...he is pleased with everything...I asked him if I could start some light cardio , the answer was a big fat NO! Oh well! Hopefully when I see him next time at 8 weeks I'll get the go ahead for something!!! I'll post done pics soon...hope everyone is doing well!!
Hi mum, thank you so much! It's been a long hard fought journey but I'm getting there, I feel like my major turn around was right at 4 1/2-5 weeks...at that point I started moving without thinking about the move ahead of time. Does that make sense? I feel much less tight, my tummy feels much more normal but still somewhat numb around the incision. At this point (almost 6 weeks) I feel pretty normal. I haven't been cleared to workout yet and I'm still not doing any heavy housework. My dr keeps us in binders till 6 weeks then spanx style compression do I'm basically still in the binders for a few more days... It wasn't till a few days ago that I even thought I could go with out then at all but now I think I'll be ready soon. Hope that helps!!! Glad your doing well...you will feel better with each day!!
Thank you!
when do you think you could of went back to work?Does everyone lose a couple sizes. Your hard work payed off! I am like you worked out to lose some weight before the surgery. I could do this !

Real bra and undies

I think I'll get used to buying matching bras and undies! 6 week picture, getting there, still a bit puffy from the swelling but feeling great!
Hope you're doing well!
You're looking so good!! Yeah have patience with the gym. You'll be back at it in no time. Just keep your activity level pretty minimal while you're trying to get the seroma to heal. You don't want to inhibit healing and have it become a chronic seroma. Sounds like it's on it's way out. Happy healing!!
I am hoping its going away. I see the PS on Monday to drain it again if needed...I can tell there is some fluid back again but its not too bad...I'm just not used to eating without working out anymore...but I know it will be soon enough and then ill miss the days I couldn't exercise! Ha!

7 weeks tomorrow...thoughts so far

Ok ladies, 7 weeks tomorrow! I'm still dealing with the small fluid/ seroma issue just below my TT scar above my private but I saw the ps yesterday and he did not feel it was necessary to drain again!!! Happy early Christmas to me! This has been my only issue physically. My scars are straight, flat and I'm sure will improve with time and treatment. My swelling hasn't been too bad it's been more noticeable since week 5 but it is still such a dramatic improvement I am thrilled.

Right now I am just reigning in my diet, I've been eating way too many carbs! I feel bloated because of that I think. So from now till Christmas it's super low carb diet for me, just veggies fruit and oatmeal for my carbs!

I still have not been cleared to exercise! This is a major source of concern/frustration for me mentally! He just doesn't feel comfortable releasing me to do any real intentional exercise with the fluid...so here is my plan what do you think? On Christmas Day I will be 8 weeks post op so if my fluid stays the same or improves between now and then, then on dec 26 I am going to start walking on my treadmill slowly for just 20 mins or so...if the fluid remains the same and doesn't get worse ill stick with that for a week and then start adding more time and maybe some light weights... I don't see him again unless I need to until jan 21 and I cannot wait that long to exercise... I know I am healed it's just the fluid...so that's my plan.... I hope you're all well and enjoying the advent season!!!

Oh ps I can wear whatever bra I like now!!! Bonus!!
Looking great!!
You look amazing! Your scar is so thin and perfectly straight!
you look awesome! And I am with you on the nutrition, time to tighten it up a little bit but the last 4 weeks of relaxation has been really nice! loved it actually! I would start less than 20 minutes on the tread. Id start 10 or so and see how you do, that would suck to end up with more fluid..better safe than sorry in my opinion but you are the one who knows whats best for YOU! take care

pain?

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone else ever got a stabbing pain right in the middle of your tummy almost on the exact midline of your tummy? Im hoping its not the whole tummy tuck failing! It started a few days ago and just kind of comes and goes, when I take some advil its better...I haven't started exercising or vaccuming or anything really strenuous. I have been engaging my abs more when I get up out of bed and move positions. Ill give the dr office a call on Monday if it hasn't gone away, just wondering if anyone else experienced something similar, I am 7 1/2 weeks post op and feeling good otherwise! Have a great weekend!
I'm 3 months out and just now starting to get the pain. I was told it's nerve endings reattaching.
You look great!!The pain is normal. I went through it too.