49 Y.o 3 Childen with 45 Lb Weight Loss. TT, BL,BA and Lipo at Waist. - Cleveland, OH

I have wanted a flat stomach all my life. I...

I have wanted a flat stomach all my life. I already has a pouch soft belly before kids, but with the weight gain and pregnancies It really stretched.After 10 years of diet and exercise. I started my journey consulting Plastic Surgeons about 2 years ago .I lift weights, do cardio and eat clean which helped me to loose body fat and gained muscle. Even at 5"3 at 145 lbs ,my tummy is just as big and now my breasts that were a DD are a tribal B/C.It is time to finish what I started.I have a GOAL of a 6 pack and perky athletic boobs.

before pics...

Motto Dont be scared be excited. Dream body of a flat tummy to show off all those abd exersizes and perky breast that dont need 2:bras for volume and lift.##.

surgery day

Headed to the hospital after my second chlorhex pre. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering if I should do this. With all the Real Self ladies, encouragement from friend and my sweet Hubie, I felt ready for my journey. I met with Dr. Leedy after my admission which included IV start urine pregnancy test. He has such a calming , confident bedside manner that I knew that I was in good hands.I met the or team and also talked to the Anesthesiologist.He ordered a scopolmine patch for nausea prevention, It worked great !!I woke up in recovery feeling very sleepy. The pain was not bad at all. My abd had a slight burning.Everyone was very pleased with the results.I spent the night because I was so seepy/weak . The hardest part is moving. But It got better each time. Since I had the implants under the pecs.I was instructed not to use upper body strenght to move. Thats the challenge of combining the two surgeries.I only used 3 percocets for the 1 st day. The care at the hospital was excellent.

Post op day one

The Foley catheter was removed this am and my IV was d/cd. I did get a one time Toradoll dose IV. After that I have no pain at all. Just tightness. The percocet during the night helped too.I was so scared of the pain but IT IS manageable .I will be going home if I can urinate after my catheter removal.Moving doesn't hurt it just feels weird. Thank You real self girls. :)

Feeling so much better than I thought

I went home yesterday after I ate some food, urinated and walked . At first i just dribbled urine then I went fine. I was alittle anxious of going home. Felt weak and alittle dizzy. I went on the couch with pillows propped behind my head and under my feet.My doc gave me a big wedge to put under my feet...I took a motrin and took a nap.The naps are very good especially when you feel anxious weak or just exhausted. I learned to LOG ROLL off the couch. It burned the abds at first now its ok. I also use only my legs to get up beacuse the implants are under the pecs so my doc did not want me to push the muscles.My helper husband has been waiting on me hand and foot. I cant reach bend etc, But each day is better !!!Coughing also hurts but brace I brace myself with a pillow. I am stiff swollen and sore but feel better after a nap or moving around.My drains are in still .They pinch alittle bit .

Post op day 3

I went to see Dr Leedy yesterday My breasts are very swollen . He said I am progressing well. I feel tired and weak but pain is totally manageable. I use ice for 20 min here and there.I will keep my drains in till Tues. I will get a binder at that time. He does not want the incisions to get rubbed if the binder moves. I am balancing being tired and getting a burst of energy.Then I am exhausted and take a nap. I am moving better each day.Thanks Real Self Girls ....The one thing I could not have done this without my husband. You really need a helper!

Store Trip

Had a busy day... I paced myself in the am. Took a nap. Then went to the store. I drove a short distance. That was no prob. Then my husband took me to the store to get a sports bra, Walking caused the abd muscles to tighten up. I took it slow hunched over the cart with my drains hiding in my hoodie. I had to breathe slowly and tell myself I am gonna be fine LOL. I took abreak and sat down. I chose not to try anything on and get out of there. My back took the brunt of being bent over so I sat down when It was time for check out. I am glad I did not feel sick or dizzy. My drains are tender now. Mabey it was the pressure of the drawstring pants.. OOCH. I also feel more swollen. I hope I did not over do it.I seem to do alittle more every day.

Sun's out Drains out.

Went to the PS office today. I got my two drains removed they were draining less than 20 cc.It did not hurt at all. I had been putting Triple Antibiotic oint x times daily to avoid a crust/scab. My steri strips were removed from the TT incision. I have demabond so no sutures to be removed. I will be putting scar cream on my incision now twice a day. My abdomen is swollen above the incision line which is normal. I can stand straighter but get some spasms with walking and huntch over again. No pain. Just get tired with activities.My BL with 300cc Mentor Augs are firm, swollen and the Lt is larger. I had a small pocket of fluid that opened on the rt breast incision. It is not infected but I will apply Bacitracin and I am on Keflex orally... just in case.
My surgeon , Dr. Leedy is so conscientious and caring i feel so Blessed to have such great care.
I can shower but leave the breast dry. and NO exercising.I was only dreaming I can barely clean a room.

Continued Healing

The last 8 days seemed to go by quicker than the first week.No Pain just muscle tightness and mild spasm with walking. I was first walking very slow in a hunched position. I can walk fairly straight.I am getting up and down freely. I still tire and will swell in the lower abdomen at the end of the day. I wear the binder and a sports bra.
Using scar cream to the TT and areola scars. Bacitracin under the breast.

I am grateful that I healed so well so far.

Ps I went to the gym Monday. Walked on the treadmill for 7 min at 1.5. My body said not yet !!!

1 month already

1 month ....

Week 3 was tough. I felt good and pushed the exercise alittle .Boy was my tummy tight and sore. I was scared that I ruined my TT.

Week 4 Feeling great. Going to the gym . Started walking 10 mins on treadmill and worked up my time. Walked 30 min in the sand at the beach, Stepmill x 20 min. 5 lb weight shoulder, chest, bicep tricep sets. Body weight squats and lunges. NO abd or Core exercises.

Breast : Lt is still larger. They are getting fluffy as you RS girls say. They are measuring D . 38 inches breast. Using scar cream . Will get scar tape. I read that Oleeva brand works well. Breast lift scars are significant esp under Lt breast. They will always have the areolar pigment to them.I am ok with that to have the beautiful shape and fullness. I would be happy if they even out and alittle smaller.I am SO GRATEFUL my surgeon, Dr Leedy, has such surgical skills. I have no problems with nipple sensation which can be a problem from the manipulation of the areolas. I had an anchor lift.I started breast massage too.

TT: scar healing well. I wear a binder for support but not all the time. I will wear my CG for work. Thanks RS I like the Maidenform firm from Walmart. I get puffy at night. My PS recommended CG or binder for support.I am sleeping on my side . I am giving up the pillow under my feet most of the night...Its a security thing.

Ordered a waist corset from Ali Express. LOL

Weight up :((( 148 .

Grateful for you all.Support, laughter and advise.

Update

Healing well from my surgery.I feel like I am 80% back to my weight lifting exercising in the gym. Push ups on my knees for now. Yoga class , jogging and some sit ups. I am working on getting my diet very clean again esp SUGAR. It is my addiction but I feel so good when I am in control.
Check out the documentary fedupmovie.com. It is a disturbing realization of our country regarding health and nutrition related to obesity. It hits home with me because I was obese and it took tears to get it off. I believed the food industry would help me loose weight with its claims with low calories, reduced fat , sugar free processed foods.But It only made me fat.

My areola scars are visible but I have a nice natural shape to my breasts. My TT scar is very flat.

Take Care RS Ladies.

correction

It took years and some tears to get the weight off....Typo
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

In my consultations with Dr.Leedy,I found him to be very kind,professional and took plenty of time to answer all my questions.He has an excellent surgical reputation in the hospital system in which I work as an R.N.and was also recommended by my OB/GYN.