Terrible Results - Cleveland, OH

I had fat transfer and liposuction surgery with Dr...

I had fat transfer and liposuction surgery with Dr. Feng and the results were devastating. I am a thin woman who had the liposuction in order to transfer fat to my breasts. The liposuction was done too aggressively and not properly planned. One leg is smaller than the other now and I can't wear any pants without feeling lopsided. My arms are different shapes. My butt cheeks are different sizes, even though I did not give consent to have my buttocks liposuctioned. There are dents on the backs of my thighs and an extra crease under one butt cheek where she suctioned my "banana roll." Incidentally, she only liposuctioned one of my "banana rolls," and left the other side alone. I have skin adhesions....where my skin is now stuck to my muscle because there is no fat to cushion it.

The fat transfer to the breasts caused large areas of fat necrosis and I've had numerous MRI's, ultrasounds and biopsies to monitor these.

After the surgery…once I realized there was a problem, I could not get in touch with Dr. Feng. My calls were dodged by the staff who said she was in surgery or traveling and constantly made excuses for why she was not available. My emails with medical questions were answered by her office manager, Linda, who is not even a nurse. When I was finally able to make an appointment for a phone consult, she cancelled on me at least 2 times. I flew to Ohio to see Dr. Feng, the wait to see her was over 2 hours even though there were no other patients there. I found this to be very upsetting especially since there was never a wait before my surgery. In fact, she and the staff were extra nice before I paid for my surgery.

When I met with her, she agreed to fix things for free (just the cost of anesthesia), but I did not trust her to touch me again after the result she already had given me. When I told her that I couldn’t wear jeans or tight pants, she told me to “stop wearing jeans.”

I’ve met with numerous fat transfer specialists who have told me the correction of these issues is difficult if not impossible. They quoted me over $20,000 to have revision surgery. As a last resort, I requested a refund of the surgical cost to help pay for these corrections. She wrote back saying that each of my issues was probably caused by my own recovery or healing. She also wrote and speculated that "I must have lost weight and this is why I have problems." I had not seen or spoken to her in over 5 months so she had no idea if I had lost weight or gained weight. I was appalled by her response. She had offered to fix things for free, but now that I was actually asking for a refund she completely turned her back on me.

Over a year after the surgery, I still have numbness, tingling and itching in my leg that was overly liposuctioned. The discomfort I feel everyday reminds me constantly of this traumatizing experience. It is always on my mind.

Overall, it has been a horrible experience that I would not wish on anyone. Her facilities are more like a fancy spa and it is easy to be fooled by all the bells and whistles. Things are not what they seem.

The whole experience makes me incredibly sad because I had a beautiful body before I had surgery with Dr. Feng. I can no longer wear a swimsuit, shorts or even the spandex skinny pants that are so trendy right now. I wear a bandage on my damaged leg in order to feel somewhat normal.

Numbness Continues

It has now been well over a year since my surgery with Dr. Feng and the leg that she over lipo suctioned is still very numb and painful. I can't begin to explain how this has made my life more difficult. I wish I had never had surgery with her.

Nerve Damage and Calcified Fat in Breasts

I wanted to update my story with Fat transfer to breasts and liposuction with Dr. Feng. Since my surgery almost 2 years ago, I continue to have numbness, shooting "electric" shocks running up and down my left leg. I saw a neurologist who specializes in nerve damage and she concluded that the damage is a result of the surgery and recommended physical therapy and muscle relaxers. It seems that my sciatic nerve (major nerve in leg) is now causing the electrical shocks I feel all the way to my toes.

As far as the fat transferred to my breasts, ALL the fat Dr. Feng deposited is hard and calcified. She injected them in big blobs making it impossible for the fat cells to survive. Any qualified surgeon doing this surgery knows that big blobs of injected fat do not survive. Fat must be injected in small droplets and spaced out in order to survive. I have had extensive mammograms, MRI's, ultrasounds to rule out cancer. Each time I have a breast exam, it's a nightmare because of the way she injected the fat.

I simply cannot believe her incompetence. Everything she did to me (liposuction and fat transfer) was a disaster. To think she takes NO responsibility for her mistakes shows gross negligence in my eyes. I would NOT recommend her to anyone seeking this surgery.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Once I had surgery and voiced concerns over the results, she completely disappeared. Denied that she had done anything wrong. Did not care once she had my money.

Ohhh my God have mercy , You are in my heart and prayers !!!! Please file charges at the police department , file a case with the court system !!! Please do not let her get away with this Horrible tragic malpractice , Since it is over $10,000 you will file a cival suit against her !!! Do not let her continue this horrific procedures on other people !!! Call Your local T.V. station put her nasty business out there !!! She is absolutely heartless and a gutless person !!! Sue her and have her lisence taken !!!! Don't put up with that kind of unhumanity for people !!!! Trust me you can do something and get your life back !!! But you must pull out all stops and make the right moves !!! When people do me wrong !!!! I seek justice and I don't stop untill I get it !!!!! Please keep us posted !!!! Gods with you every step of the way and he will help you get justice , You are in our hearts an Prayers May God Bless you in Jesus name I pray Amen !!!!
Really, a police report on bad lipo? Come on, there is NO criminal crime a don't waste their time.
Yes Malpractice is a criminal affence , dew to her messurements, she should have been told , that procedure was impossible !! Instead they looked at the $$$$$ and said sign her up !!!! Get real no offence !!!!
Thaleena read her entire journey, and measurements , then you will understand that the procedure was impossible from the git go !!! They done it for the money period!! And Im a firm believer of justice , I mean look at the ratings wow they got (1) Star on everthing HELLO !!!!
Also all the tramatic events to her body after that trashy surgeon feng done that poor woman , severe nerve damages, one leg bigger than the other , her breast fat transfer was dead tissue , because she put it in her body , in large excessive amounts , so the cells died !!!! You must have not read her entire story or you would not be so offened by my comments to Sue her and press charges !!! Come on $15,000 dollars I would catch a case a woop her ass !!!
I did read the entire story. It is civil, not criminal. Police should be called for criminal activities. She has other remedies outside of the police. Relax.
Well thankx for your opinion , but I still believe it is a criminal lawsuit , because she knew that this woman was not a good canidate for the procedures done ! Either way she should file charges in court and let justice be served !!! And get a full refund !!! Well no offence intended , Take care !!
I actually cried for this womans horrific pain and deformities from this Doctor !!! Just saying shes in m heart and prayers and I pray she gets justice !!!!!!
I am so glad you had the courage to post this review. I recently had breast implants - worst thing ever and i had them removed as soon as i could. But alas my real breasts couldn't stand the trauma and i have been researching breast fat transfer just to restore how i was before any augmentation. The lipo scares me as i really have no issue with the rest of my body. Did you use Brava? How much lipo did you have to have and how much did she put in your breast? Of course the LAST thing i want is another traumatic thing to regret. I am soo sorry this happened to you. I hate hearing about doctors who ignore patients with poor outcomes, like it is somehow the patient's fault.
Thank you for your kind words. She took over 800cc's total but used poor judgement on where to take it from. I would not recommend her for this surgery. PM me and I will tell you more.
Hi There. I wanted to touch base to see if you had your surgery. Did you have your surgery? PM and I will give you more information about the Brava, etc. I know quite a bit about these surgeries and I hope my insight can help you.
Thank you for the thought. I haven't had the surgery yet. Taking the time to make sure I find the right doc. Thankfully, my breasts have recovered some - enough that with the right swim top i don't feel too weird at the pool with my kids. I did see Dr Hartog in FL for a consult and I was a bit perplexed by the meeting so i am continuing the search. I am 5'9 and a little over 140lb -not fat, but certainly not scrawny and he said the most he could transfer to each side would be 150cc. I don't want a lot, but i was hoping for something closer to 300 since i plan to use BRAVA. I thought it was strange because another reviewer on here JaKho is very petite and he transferred 300 to each side on her and she looks fabulous. Also, he seemed totally unconcerned about the lipo incisions and where they are placed - maybe docs feel this way but i've read enough reviews to know that patients often care. Other than those two things i think he really does know what he is doing and would do a good job. I think Dr. Ahn may be the next consult...
I actually had my 1st surgery with Dr. Ahn. Though she was careful with the lipo, there is a scar on my stomach about 5 inches long. She also put way too much in the cleavage area so my cleavage line is almost not there. However, I will say that her judgement regarding lipo was better than Dr. Feng's. Let me know how your consult goes.
Are you in Cleveland? I have heard good things about Dr Fedele there.
Are you in Cleveland? I have heard great things about Dr Fedele maybe he could give you an opinion. That is who I am using for my liposuction next week.
No I'm not in Cleveland. Have you researched your doctor on the boards? Talked to the past patients? Is this your first surgery?
I wish you the best of luck....I don't wish what happened to me on anyone.
see ladies it is not just abroad you have good and bad surgeons ALL over.. for that kind of thing go to miami or atlanta or dominican republic or brazil or mexico.. i have friends who went abroad as I am this December and they look AMAZING I like how they know what a latina wants.. that certain shape..
Thank you for sharing this awful experience; I feel so much empathy for you and wish I could help you. You are right to share this experience with others. I would recommend seeing a top doctor in a major area like LA, it is possible additional assistance may be available to help you. I know Dr. Karimi in LA is an unbelievably well qualified, young, ethical, kind Dr. who has won just about every award a Dr. can win in his field. If he is not the person to help (this may not be his area) ask his office for a recommendation. Good luck to you--let us know if you get some improvements.
Thank you Isakdinesen. It was difficult to write this review but I felt I needed to do it. I'll check out Dr. Karimi in LA. I'm hoping to have revision by next year and will keep you updated.
I just checked him out and it looks like he's a facial plastic surgeon. Thanks for the recommendation anyway. :)
Yes, that's why I said this may not be his thing--but--when you get a top guy he usually knows the best in other areas. This guy is amazing, teaches other docs, will likely know a good person to recommend, at least it is worth asking. I have always gotten the best results for my whole family this way. Again, don't give up--there will be someone out there who has the right plan for you, and you will know when you find it. I'm rooting for you!
Just wanted to add, he belongs to a large practice group and they collaborate, of course--check it out, the good ones usually stick together.