Terrible Results - Cleveland, OH

I had fat transfer and liposuction surgery with Dr...

I had fat transfer and liposuction surgery with Dr. Feng and the results were devastating. I am a thin woman who had the liposuction in order to transfer fat to my breasts. The liposuction was done too aggressively and not properly planned. One leg is smaller than the other now and I can't wear any pants without feeling lopsided. My arms are different shapes. My butt cheeks are different sizes, even though I did not give consent to have my buttocks liposuctioned. There are dents on the backs of my thighs and an extra crease under one butt cheek where she suctioned my "banana roll." Incidentally, she only liposuctioned one of my "banana rolls," and left the other side alone. I have skin adhesions....where my skin is now stuck to my muscle because there is no fat to cushion it.

The fat transfer to the breasts caused large areas of fat necrosis and I've had numerous MRI's, ultrasounds and biopsies to monitor these.

After the surgery…once I realized there was a problem, I could not get in touch with Dr. Feng. My calls were dodged by the staff who said she was in surgery or traveling and constantly made excuses for why she was not available. My emails with medical questions were answered by her office manager, Linda, who is not even a nurse. When I was finally able to make an appointment for a phone consult, she cancelled on me at least 2 times. I flew to Ohio to see Dr. Feng, the wait to see her was over 2 hours even though there were no other patients there. I found this to be very upsetting especially since there was never a wait before my surgery. In fact, she and the staff were extra nice before I paid for my surgery.

When I met with her, she agreed to fix things for free (just the cost of anesthesia), but I did not trust her to touch me again after the result she already had given me. When I told her that I couldn’t wear jeans or tight pants, she told me to “stop wearing jeans.”

I’ve met with numerous fat transfer specialists who have told me the correction of these issues is difficult if not impossible. They quoted me over $20,000 to have revision surgery. As a last resort, I requested a refund of the surgical cost to help pay for these corrections. She wrote back saying that each of my issues was probably caused by my own recovery or healing. She also wrote and speculated that "I must have lost weight and this is why I have problems." I had not seen or spoken to her in over 5 months so she had no idea if I had lost weight or gained weight. I was appalled by her response. She had offered to fix things for free, but now that I was actually asking for a refund she completely turned her back on me.

Over a year after the surgery, I still have numbness, tingling and itching in my leg that was overly liposuctioned. The discomfort I feel everyday reminds me constantly of this traumatizing experience. It is always on my mind.

Overall, it has been a horrible experience that I would not wish on anyone. Her facilities are more like a fancy spa and it is easy to be fooled by all the bells and whistles. Things are not what they seem.

The whole experience makes me incredibly sad because I had a beautiful body before I had surgery with Dr. Feng. I can no longer wear a swimsuit, shorts or even the spandex skinny pants that are so trendy right now. I wear a bandage on my damaged leg in order to feel somewhat normal.

Numbness Continues

It has now been well over a year since my surgery with Dr. Feng and the leg that she over lipo suctioned is still very numb and painful. I can't begin to explain how this has made my life more difficult. I wish I had never had surgery with her.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Once I had surgery and voiced concerns over the results, she completely disappeared. Denied that she had done anything wrong. Did not care once she had my money.

I am so glad you had the courage to post this review. I recently had breast implants - worst thing ever and i had them removed as soon as i could. But alas my real breasts couldn't stand the trauma and i have been researching breast fat transfer just to restore how i was before any augmentation. The lipo scares me as i really have no issue with the rest of my body. Did you use Brava? How much lipo did you have to have and how much did she put in your breast? Of course the LAST thing i want is another traumatic thing to regret. I am soo sorry this happened to you. I hate hearing about doctors who ignore patients with poor outcomes, like it is somehow the patient's fault.
Thank you for your kind words. She took over 800cc's total but used poor judgement on where to take it from. I would not recommend her for this surgery. PM me and I will tell you more.
Are you in Cleveland? I have heard good things about Dr Fedele there.
Are you in Cleveland? I have heard great things about Dr Fedele maybe he could give you an opinion. That is who I am using for my liposuction next week.
No I'm not in Cleveland. Have you researched your doctor on the boards? Talked to the past patients? Is this your first surgery?
I wish you the best of luck....I don't wish what happened to me on anyone.
see ladies it is not just abroad you have good and bad surgeons ALL over.. for that kind of thing go to miami or atlanta or dominican republic or brazil or mexico.. i have friends who went abroad as I am this December and they look AMAZING I like how they know what a latina wants.. that certain shape..
Thank you for sharing this awful experience; I feel so much empathy for you and wish I could help you. You are right to share this experience with others. I would recommend seeing a top doctor in a major area like LA, it is possible additional assistance may be available to help you. I know Dr. Karimi in LA is an unbelievably well qualified, young, ethical, kind Dr. who has won just about every award a Dr. can win in his field. If he is not the person to help (this may not be his area) ask his office for a recommendation. Good luck to you--let us know if you get some improvements.
Thank you Isakdinesen. It was difficult to write this review but I felt I needed to do it. I'll check out Dr. Karimi in LA. I'm hoping to have revision by next year and will keep you updated.
I just checked him out and it looks like he's a facial plastic surgeon. Thanks for the recommendation anyway. :)
Yes, that's why I said this may not be his thing--but--when you get a top guy he usually knows the best in other areas. This guy is amazing, teaches other docs, will likely know a good person to recommend, at least it is worth asking. I have always gotten the best results for my whole family this way. Again, don't give up--there will be someone out there who has the right plan for you, and you will know when you find it. I'm rooting for you!
Just wanted to add, he belongs to a large practice group and they collaborate, of course--check it out, the good ones usually stick together.