Chin Implant Too Large? Not Quite Right? - Cleveland, OH

I had a chin implant on 4/16/13 along with...

I had a chin implant on 4/16/13 along with liposuction along the jaw/chine line. Although I do trust that my surgeon is technically competent, there was NO discussion of the type (as opposed to size) of implant available. In retrospect, I wish I taken it upon myself to do my homework on the types of implants there are out there and which one would best suit my face. Actually, I wish the surgeon would have done this for me-it is after all his job! In any event, the surgery went smooth and the side effects from the surgery are minor although there is a touch of numbness in the right quarter of my lower lip.

8 months out, I am not sure of the results. I feel like the implant extends too far out when viewed from the profile and that the implant is not the correct shape for my face. It also can look a bit flat from the front or "implanty" . Thoughts?

Some Befores

Recent Pictures

My chin looks a touch smaller in these pictures that I took today but I am still undecided on my chin....
Mark A. Foglietti

Nice guy but plastic surgery is a big deal and I didn't think he spent enough time discussing what expectations I had for the surgery or what look I was trying to achieve ( even with a chin implant there is a "look"-one shape does not fit all). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think my idea of beauty and proportionality may differ from his.