I Had a gummy smile, now I do not, but It appears as though I've had "work done"! - Clearwater, FL

Motivation: Gummy smoker sufferer forever. Pros:...

Motivation: Gummy smoker sufferer forever.
Pros: After the first treatment two weeks ago (1 per side) I noticed a subtle difference, but guns still showed. I was "ok" with the results but wanted less gum showing. A cheap alternative to major mouth surgery.
Cons: After the second treatment a week later (1 1/2 per side additional injected) I had great results with my smile, but now my face looks...weird. Not sure how else to describe it. Smile is exactly what I hoped for, but now I kind of look like the joker when I smile. It's very unnatural. Also, there is noticeable bulging at the side of my nose on either side (where botox was injected) that I can feel and see.

I will give it the requisite 3-6 months to wear off, and going forward I will do 1 1/2 per side total. Hopefully that will subtly enhance my smile without making my face look plastic.

Please excuse the grammatical errors!

I'm not sure why my spelling, punctuation, and grammar changed when I submitted my review. Unfortunately I cannot find a way to edit my original post. Thanks!

I am not a smoker!

Wow, a lot really was lost in translation when I made my original post. It's supposed to say under the motivation part, "Gummy smile sufferer" not "smoker"! I just wanted to clarify that in case that influenced anyone's decision about having the procedure done. Thanks!

Two and a half weeks in...I think my smile is looking much more natural!

Here's a pic I took to show how my natural full smile has settled in two and a half weeks later. I still think I'll go with 1 1/2 units at my touch up appointment, but I feel a bit more confident now. Best part? My clueless better half turned to me today out of the blue and said, "I don't know what it is, but you just seem even more beautiful to me in the last few weeks." He doesn't know I had my smile corrected and I plan to keep it that way!
Skinspirations