Tummy Tuck on March 1 - Cincinnati, OH

I am a 36 year old mother of 22 month old twins. I...

I am a 36 year old mother of 22 month old twins. I honestly still look as though I am 6 months pregnant and have had comments stating such. "Oh, bless your heart, you're having another" or "Now I know you aren't in line for a beer". That's my favorite one because it's quite obvious I'm not pregnant if I am drinking alcohol. Plus, I really can't wear a T-shirt during the summer months and with it arriving soon...well, I want to wear a T-shirt!!!

Regardless, I have waited almost two years for my stomach to go away and nothing. It hasn't budged in a year and a half. I went to see my OB in October, who told me it will probably never go away, so after some discussion with my husband I decided to go for it. Now that I am two weeks and counting I am so nervous. I know the end result is well worth it, but I am just so afraid of something happening to me on the operating table. Reading a lot of these posts have calmed my nerves some and talking to my doctor also helped, but I'm not going to lie, I'm still scared. I almost want it to be tomorrow, so I can just get it over with. I think the anticipation is worse than the actual surgery.....maybe.

Well, thanks for listening.....

Wow Im so glad u both are doin so well. I am also doing grreat. I am now nine days post op. My Dr is on his way to take out the drain tube. I only haf one. I have been showering myself since the third day. My first shower in the hospital was the best. It was one of the best showers ever even though I was sitting on a shower chair and looked horrible. Lol. I will be flying back home tomorrow! Thank goodness. I miss my boys 3 1/2, 10, 12. I cant wait to see them and the flight is only one hour and twenty min. Not to bad. I have been walking 20 to 30 min a day going slow! Dr says its good for the circulation. Good luck ladies.
hey how are you doing? tomorrow will be 2 weeks since surgery! i feel awesome got my 2nd (and last) drain out this morning and tomorrow i can shower!! whhoo hoo LOL spongebathing for 2 weeks hasnt been so fun i feel icky. im so happy with my TT so far been able to walk around this is my first day on my own....first week i had hubby then last week i was with my sister...im doing fine so far while hubby is at work. i have 2 kids 19 months and 3 yr old so they are a handful lol im sure you know how that is but i think i can do it. i make them hop up on the couch for diaper changes so theres no lifting and they can climb into their own beds for bedtime. its nice that my 3 yr old is finally potty trained! and he is such a good helper too.
Hey!!! So sorry, I just saw this. I am 24 days Post op and feeling pretty good. I do still tire easily, but that's about it. My swelling is minimal, but I'm still not able to fit into my regular clothes. I can wear my larger pants, but that's about it. Plus, I'm much more comfortable in sweat pants. Oh...I was so happy to have my drain removed! I felt tons better after that!

I have two kids, who are 22 months. They are a handful, but have both been sick for two weeks. We sent them to day care and my son came home with a stomach flu and my daughter with a cold and a temperature. Now they both have ear infections. It has been one heck of a time with that. I will be happy when they are feeling better and I can finally lift them. I am able to get them in and out of bed with a chair and lowering their crib rail. I do the same for diaper changes, make them get up on the couch.

How are you doing, now that 10 days have passed since this post? :()) Hope you are well!!!
Hello guys! I'm still doing well. I can say that the first two days were a slight blur from all of the hospital meds and pain pills. I have been reading my magazines, checking out things on-line and watching much TV. I managed to take my first shower today, which was awesome!! I also took my first pooh, which wasn't the best experience, but at least that's behind me. I am up and walking around the house, but still tire easily.

I go back to the PS on Thursday and hopefully he will remove the drain. When did you pain start to subside? Mine is pretty tolerable and I'm down to 4 pain pills a day. Hopefully, I can decrease that over the next couple of days.

A heating pad sounds like a good idea because my back and bum are killing me from being in bed for so long.
Around day 7-8 I noticed I felt a lot better and had more energy. But, take it from me that you still have to take it easy. I was so happy to feel good that I over did it. I only took pain meds at night after day 6 and took tylenol extra strength during the day. I still take a muscle relaxer even at 3 weeks for the muscle spasms. The healing process is ever changing and I've learned that you just have to let it happen and roll with it. It's hard not to be in a hurry to get back to normal, but it will happen when it happens. Most Doctors post that you can resume most activities by 2 weeks, but I just got the rest of my stitches out at 3 weeks and my PS told me to wait until 6 weeks to do any housework or anything. I had already started cleaning bathrooms, dusting, shopping and he told me to stop all of that because it was causing too much swelling and fluid. Anyway, that may be more than you wanted to know, but sometimes it is better to kind of know what to expect. Best of luck in your recovery!
Hello everyone. Just wanted to pop in to let you know how I am feeling. I have some discomfort in my stomach when I try to get up or stand, but that' just the stretching. I can feel the meds wear off around 4 hours, so I take another one to make sure it doesn't wear completely. My back is also a little sore already, which I am surprised that's hurting.

My husband and mom have been super in helping with the kids, but they still want me to pick them up. I have had to shut myself in my room. I can say they do make me feel better too.

OK...gotta go...this pain med is making me a little dizzy and tired. Off to nap yet again, which is what I've done all day.

will post more later...when I have somewhat of a clear head.
I am glad to hear you are doing well! I too had back aches....it lasted for about 2 weeks.... Being hunched over...and sleeping on the back are two of the main reasons I had the pain. I too have a 16 mo old.... I shut myself in my room with tv, magazines and the iPad to keep me busy.. .. Tink of it like a mini vacation. Around day 3 or 4, I started to come downstairs for half the day and sat next to the kids on the couch... It was not easy. Around 1 week is when I would hold them in my lap (someone handing them to me). Take it day by day...and avoid watching any funny movies or tv shows, it really hurts to laugh hard (modern family gave me bad ab pain!).
So glad to hear you are doing o.k. - I only had the backache for the 1st 3-4 days then stood up straight enough to releive it, so maybe it won't last too long. I did use a heating pad on mine, but some people have suggested ice. Keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks Ohio34!! I feel better knowing I am in good hands there. In seven hours I will be heading to PSG. I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight, although that will be impossible because I'm wide awake. I will post tomorrow when I get home.
Thank you!!! Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe tomorrow is the day. We had a huge storm here last night and the thunder woke me up around 5:00a.m.. I laid there for about an hour thinking, "tomorrow at this time I'll be heading to the hospital." I am so restless today and probably won't sleep much tonight. I was the same way the day before my cesarean, so it's going to be a long anxiety filled day.
Thanks again and I will keep you posted!! :)
I'll be thinking of you! Good luck! They r great at the PSG.... You will be fine! I felt much better than expected afterwards. I swear the hardest part afterwards is all in the head...patience!
It's almost here all of my March 1st TT friends. Hope everything goes great and I can't wait to hear from all of you!
You definitely have plenty of years left for the cuteness!!! I agree, age is only a number. I'll probably be the same way, trying on my jeans just because. I did that after I had my kids too. I'm not too sure how long it took me to get back into them, but I did. My only difference was I had a stomach, which was bulging out and pushing down my pants. You aren't too far from getting into them though!! Maybe within the next week or two. :)
Ladies...i changed my profile name!
K. Are you ready for your big day? I will be thinking about you. As soon as you are up to it please let us know how you are doing.
Oh you have plenty of years to sport the cuteness! Age is only a number its how you feel! So go buy lots of cure cloths to show off the georgou waist line you will have very soon! :-)
oh I expect a lot of swelling.. So no cute cloths for a few months! By summer though!
Right now I have about 6 different spanx type garments l have tried out to see if they would work instead of the binder, but at just 15 days post op I am still just a little too swollen late in the day for them to be comfortable. Just for fun I tried on a pair of my jeans this morning and they were about an inch from snapping. I don't expect to be able to wear something like that yet, just wanted to see how far I had to go. Warmer weather will make it much easier because you could do sunresses or draw string type pants for a while. Here's to many years of cute clothes..well, for ya'll anyway..I am 50. Not sure how many more years I can sport the cuteness.
Haha! I know I'll be excited to get into some cute clothes, but that will have to wait. I'll make the best of it and hang out in sweats for a couple of weeks. I really can't wait to go shopping for some cute summer shirts though!!!!
You're Welcome! I will be keeping up with ya'll so keep me posted. Just remember...by day 5 start to slowly stand straighter each day....don't lay around too much, but don't over do it either. Your body will let you know when it is time to rest. Don't try to dress cute too soon as it won't work LOL!
Thank you acworthmom! I can't wait now! Its been far to long I've waited for this.
Oh...by the way...I just checked out your photos and you look great!! It's been 2 1/2 years since I've had a flat stomach, with pregnancy and PPP (post-pregnancy pooch) that I forgot what I look like without one. :)
Acworthmom, Oh...I love hearing that. I agree that the anxiety really gets to you before the surgery. I am glad to hear your recovery has gone so smoothly and hope the same for all of us. My husband is taking off of work for a week, then we are sending the kids to a babysitter the next week. I am hoping by week three I can handle them myself. I also like to hear that you aren't bed ridden because I'm the type of person who doesn't sit still for long. :)
For all you having your surgery March 1....best of luck to you. I am 2 weeks post op and the recovery has been much easier than I imagined. The first few days are uncomfortable, but know that by about day 6 you will feel so much better and then each day only gets better. You will not be hunched over for days, nor be bed ridden. I have to say the worst part of this was the anxiety I had before the surgery and maybe the second day after the surgery.