Here I Come Flat Side :) - Cincinnati, OH

Thank you all for the wonderful reviews and info...

Thank you all for the wonderful reviews and info about this procedure. I have been thinking about doing this for years but due to several different factors I never thought it was the right time. Well now, it's time!!!!!! I am 33 years old, turning 34 in 3 weeks, and think this will be the best bday gift I could ever give myself. My husband and I have an amazing marriage but we fight often about my looks and how "fat" I think I am. This will finally solve those problems and I see us becoming closer than ever after my TT. I have 2 kids, 10 year old and 9year old. I am really nervous about the pain and recovery but feel like I have several friends and family that will help me.

My surgery date is fast approaching and thinking that anymore advice you all could give me, would be much appreciated! Thanks again.

Paid first deposit for surgery today!!!

Wow, this is all feeling very real now! I am really excited but nervous. What if I still look the same and nothing is different? I am really concerned about what I will look like. Too nervous to post picture.
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

I just had my 5 days ago and was so nervous about the pain part but it turns out pain is very minimal. The worst was the nausea from anesthesia so make sure they give you anti nausea meds. You gonna love your new body...I feel like this whole process is a dream come true!
I'm scheduled for TT in Oct. I need your strength to get me through mine. :-). You're gonna look great!
Hi Tina! You're going to be beautiful! I'm scheduled 10 days after you ;) we can celebrated together! When I Stratton getting discouraged, I look at my old pictures and say "wow, you've come a long way, babe!" Lol. Don't look at the negatives- focus on the good, the beautiful, the things that make you happy. We al have things we don't like- but there's so much to! Sometimes I just have to look t my pretty pink toes and say"toes, you are rocking today! " You are going to be amazing! Keep us up on how you are! Good luck!
Thanks so much! We will look wonderful together. Good luck to u too :)
Yes we will ;) thank you.
You're going to love it! I'm 6 days post op and just love it! I still have lots of swelling and have already said if nothing else goes down I love the new me!! You'll be happy, just be super patient!!
Thanks so much for the boost of confidence. Congrats on the new u! I am just concerned that I will not look any different and will still be a FAT blob with extra skin! Ughhh
A month would be perfect!
I am really nervous about my recovery and what if I don't look any different? The doc said I would lose about 5 lbs of skin. That seems like a lot right? I hope I would look different!
You have to have patience with your recovery which is 6 weeks. My first 3 weeks were my worst due to lack of sleep as sitting upright wasn't the most comfortable sleeping position. I had a TT and boob op same time and love the way I look now. I am po 12 weeks . Still numb on flanks from Lipo and tummy area which I believe can take upto 18 months to get feeling back . I still get swollen, mainly at night. The procedure wasn't painful but uncomfortable with the binder on 24/7 and my back hurt from hunching over. Good Luck with your op and look forward to seeing pre and post pics
Thanks so much for the advice!
This will be the best bday present you could give yourself....I am coming up on 5 months po and loving it...good luck!!
Thank you! The only thing I keep telling myself, is what's the worst that could happen.
well the worst that could happen is that instead of looking "perfect" and superb" you look "wonderful" and tight and slim . :) :) actually it is not the lbs he takes off, it is the "style" that works---i.e. the muscle plication and what it does to make you tight and flat.
Thanks for the kind words! You are right! I'm soo ready for this. I have my friend from FL coming to help with kids and stuff around house. I haven't seen too many reviews about my PS. Should I be worried?
That is good your friend is coming to help. I wouldn't worry not all doctors are on here. Do you feel comfortable with the one you chose? I myself go with my gut feeling.
Yes I do feel very comfortable. He did my breast reduction about 13 years old. Thanks so much for making me feel better!
my PS is fabulous, but not on RS,he told me they keep asking him to join, but it comes with stipulations, and he does not know if he has time to reply so fast to questions and keep up with it,,,it is a matter of their schedule, not how good they are ...some just do not have time.
That's great to know. Thanks!!
hi, congratuations on your decision to do something for yourself! i am 3.5 days pre-surgery. look on my site. i made a list of things you might like. i am getting everything done, almost there!
Thanks so much Emn! I will check it out now :) I am nervous but excited!
Hi! Congratulations on making the decision to join the flat side! That's awesome that your kids are big enough to be independent mostly (you don't have to pick them up or fuss with them like toddlers) and they can help you, so can your hubby. I'm a little over 7 weeks post op. I suppose I would say just make sure to take your meds when you're supposed to, and drink a LOT of water. I didn't have a recliner so I slept almost upright on my couch, feet on an ottoman. I really didn't spend a whole lot of money before or after my TT, except for some silicone lotion (for scar at 3 weeks post op) and silicone strips (which I use everyday now). I didn't do a special diet, and I just try to watch the salt and sugar intake. No matter what, the consensus with me and this site is that at about 3 weeks, we all feel pretty good. I went back to work after 11 business days, or 13 days total= lots of walking/sitting/driving with my work, and I'm healing just fine. Here's what I didn't know was going to happen after my surgery: that I would walked hunched over like a hunchback for 3 weeks and not take very big steps like my normal stride, so I used my mom's old cane. That I would be scared to shower with a drain in, but it won't hurt you. That I would have to use a suppository because I got way constipated from the painkillers, eww. And that I would have to make sure that I used my upper arm strength to get in, out, up, down from wherever I was, even now for the most part (but it is MUCH better). We are resilient, and we heal, but sometimes if we start getting nervous or distressed in our thinking, it seems to make the healing process move more slowly. Even though it's not easy for the first couple of weeks, I know I had an immense feeling if pride return to me immediately after I awoke from the surgery, and it hasn't left me yet, lol. I am a very strong advocate of fighting the unfairness of our female biology. Best to you, and I can't wait to watch your story unfold!
Thanks so much for all the great advice! I am nervous about posting my before pictures but know its part of the journey.
You're welcome, Tina3686! Post pics when you are ready. I posted my befores at the same time as the afters because I didn't start updating until a few days after.
Good luck. I am 11 days po and it definitely a journey. As long as you keep it in perspective you will be fine. Concentrate on preparing , then healing and results last and do your homework for the right pa