Full TT Jan 21, 2011 - Cincinnati, OH

I'm the mom of 3 and after the last pregnancy...

I'm the mom of 3 and after the last pregnancy the belly did not bounce back. I've wanted this for over 10 years and have scared myself out of it several times. I have been working out more in the last few months and the one thing I cannot change with exercise is the glob that should be a tummy. I'm tired of tucking a tank top into my shorts to avoid the embarrasment of anyone seeing the glob if my shirt were to ride up. I've gained lots of courage from this website. I'm still nervous but feeling positive after reading so many other stories. This website has been such an inspiration, I'm almost looking forward to surgery day!

OH...I am so glad to hear the surgery went well.I have been thinking about you. I am also happy to hear you didn't get sick coming out of anesthesia. That is another worry of mine, along with the pain and worry about the surgery still. I'm just worried all around!!!

Please keep me posted and hang in there. You will feel better soon.
Sending positive thoughts your way! Hope you are doing well.
Alecia, Thanks for the thoughts, I think they are working. I have moderate pain, but managing with pain meds. Back is already hurting and I've got a long way to go before I can give it any rest. I saw your pics, AMAZING! you look fantastic! Sorry you have to go back to work Monday, take it easy on your first day back.

Surgery went well. 2 hours. Little slow to get...

Surgery went well. 2 hours. Little slow to get anesthesia out of system, but no nausea. Home the first night and slept in chair. Took 1 pain tablet instead of 2 and have a pain pump. Next day felt pretty good and 1/2 tablet of pain pill, that was a mistake. It set me back most of the afternoon with pain. I get the shivers alot, maybe from pain pills, and that makes my back and abs tighten up, which is not good. Once I'm settled back in blankets I feel good. Had to walk more last night and today as feet and ankles are swollen a bit. Day 3, I washed hair in sink and put a little makeup on, I feel much better! Post-op appt is Tuesday and I will get a peek at the new belly :)

46, getting real excited; 12 days away. If it gives you any pleasure, at least you're ahead of us pre-op folks! Lol

Drains, pain, etc ... Oh what a joy to look forward to! Lol.... But all worth it come bikini weather!!! ;o)
Kristi, it is worth it and you're right it is nice to be on the other side of surgery. the good thing for you is you've found people ahead of you that you can see how you might progess and you can ask questions about anything along the way! I'm feeling really good today (day 10) and standing up about 90%.
Thanks 46ky and flower! I am glad to hear you are both close to getting your drains out. I had thought of the monthy gift too....lucky for me I wont have mine until late into the second week. 46ky, did they tell you why your back and knees are hurting? I have never read that? Sorry to hear about the internal plumbing! Have you tried metamucil too? I take it every night as it helps with flushing out the system and weight loss. It is good to hear that you are cooking a little and cleaning.... I have someone to help for almost 2 full weeks.... I have a 5 yr old and 14 mo old. Have either of you driven yet? Happy healing!!! The worst part is over!! I am anxious and excited for weds.... Nervous too!

For me this surgery has been so worth it. The...

For me this surgery has been so worth it. The overhanging skin is gone. I am actually considering a two-piece bathing suit this summer for the first time in 19 years! I am 11 days post-op. I hope to get my drain out tomorrow and continue my progress. I still have a difficult time getting comfortable sleeping at night, but I'm getting a solid 4-6 hours a night. During the day I go up and down the stairs 4-5 times a day. I do some light housework, wiping down counters and sorting laundry. I've had moments of mild pain, but mostly discomfort. It's a big surgery, but the recovery is manageable and worthwhile!

I like the idea of a sticker or band aid. Just make sure it is dark enough to keep out the sun. You are right, no one knows me, so I will post pics tomorrow.
So the scar doesn't get dark. I thought that too with high SPF....my ps is pretty conservative.
Hey! Follow up on sun and scar. After talking with others who've had new scars, I tried Mederma with spf30. Been tanning for two weeks and nada. I have a white line outlining the incision line and bb. And with massaging and silicone strips, the bumpiness is almost gone too. So I guess all that stuff really does help.

Finally decided (talked-into) posting pics. I am...

finally decided (talked-into) posting pics. I am 7 weeks post-op. Still swollen (I hope!) but looks so much better than what I had!
When are we able to do ab exercises again? I am doing bootcamp this week..... Wondering if I should do ab exercises? I am about 9 wks now.
Hi Kristi, I'm doing fantastic! I'm 10 weeks today (I think). We leave for Destin today and I'm so excited not to worry about my belly hanging out of my suit! I'm still swelling, the Dr. has me taking prescription Motrin. I got my before pics from Dr., I am sooo glad I finally did this! Scar is flat but still red. I'm back to doing everything I did before except my bootcamp, I'm hoping to go back end of the month. Doing ab exercises is difficult, I can tell they are very weak. How are you doing?
Hey 46! How are ya? How about an update?
Dr. Williams

Dr. W is with a well known PS group that has an A+ with the BBB. He has been named in the Top Dr.s of Cincinnati 4 or 5 times. I felt he always listened to me and relieved any concerns. His Asst. has always been available for my dozens of questions. I went to surgery knowing I was in capable hands and knowing I would get the same attentive care during the follow up.