Full TT Jan 21, 2011 - Cincinnati, OH

I'm the mom of 3 and after the last pregnancy...

I'm the mom of 3 and after the last pregnancy the belly did not bounce back. I've wanted this for over 10 years and have scared myself out of it several times. I have been working out more in the last few months and the one thing I cannot change with exercise is the glob that should be a tummy. I'm tired of tucking a tank top into my shorts to avoid the embarrasment of anyone seeing the glob if my shirt were to ride up. I've gained lots of courage from this website. I'm still nervous but feeling positive after reading so many other stories. This website has been such an inspiration, I'm almost looking forward to surgery day!

Surgery went well. 2 hours. Little slow to get...

Surgery went well. 2 hours. Little slow to get anesthesia out of system, but no nausea. Home the first night and slept in chair. Took 1 pain tablet instead of 2 and have a pain pump. Next day felt pretty good and 1/2 tablet of pain pill, that was a mistake. It set me back most of the afternoon with pain. I get the shivers alot, maybe from pain pills, and that makes my back and abs tighten up, which is not good. Once I'm settled back in blankets I feel good. Had to walk more last night and today as feet and ankles are swollen a bit. Day 3, I washed hair in sink and put a little makeup on, I feel much better! Post-op appt is Tuesday and I will get a peek at the new belly :)

For me this surgery has been so worth it. The...

For me this surgery has been so worth it. The overhanging skin is gone. I am actually considering a two-piece bathing suit this summer for the first time in 19 years! I am 11 days post-op. I hope to get my drain out tomorrow and continue my progress. I still have a difficult time getting comfortable sleeping at night, but I'm getting a solid 4-6 hours a night. During the day I go up and down the stairs 4-5 times a day. I do some light housework, wiping down counters and sorting laundry. I've had moments of mild pain, but mostly discomfort. It's a big surgery, but the recovery is manageable and worthwhile!

Finally decided (talked-into) posting pics. I am...

finally decided (talked-into) posting pics. I am 7 weeks post-op. Still swollen (I hope!) but looks so much better than what I had!
Dr. Williams

Dr. W is with a well known PS group that has an A+ with the BBB. He has been named in the Top Dr.s of Cincinnati 4 or 5 times. I felt he always listened to me and relieved any concerns. His Asst. has always been available for my dozens of questions. I went to surgery knowing I was in capable hands and knowing I would get the same attentive care during the follow up.

When are we able to do ab exercises again? I am doing bootcamp this week..... Wondering if I should do ab exercises? I am about 9 wks now.
Hi Kristi, I'm doing fantastic! I'm 10 weeks today (I think). We leave for Destin today and I'm so excited not to worry about my belly hanging out of my suit! I'm still swelling, the Dr. has me taking prescription Motrin. I got my before pics from Dr., I am sooo glad I finally did this! Scar is flat but still red. I'm back to doing everything I did before except my bootcamp, I'm hoping to go back end of the month. Doing ab exercises is difficult, I can tell they are very weak. How are you doing?
Hey 46! How are ya? How about an update?
You look great!
Wow! Your pics are amazing. I don't have anything to compare them to but from your description of yourself and how unhappy you were, I think it looks great! I am so glad that you posted your pics and how you were doing during your recovery process. I am getting my done monday. All the information on here is so helpful. Thank you for all of your reponses to my questions and easing my fears...:).
Thanks, I do feel so much better. Even if the swelling doesn't go down it is so much better than having flab in my lap! Best wishes on Monday, I will be checking your posts to see how you are doing.
Your abs look great! Very similar to mine. I have that same time of swelling....cant wait to see the final result. I need to post some pics soon. You will definitely look great in a bikini in April!
I am excited about wearing a bikini this year, but I will have to cover up the bb, so tell me what you end up doing about yours. I also got to start working out really hard. The 12 weeks I've not working out really show on the butt and thighs!
Wow! You look great!!! Your skin is really smooth in appearance. I hope my little bumpy areas smooth out. Can you tell a difference since starting to massage?
Thanks, but I'm worried the smooth skin is just because it is so tight and hard under the bb. When the swelling goes down, I wonder if the skin will still be tight. I notice a difference in the scar, but it's not nearly as good as yours or Flowers. I'm a little worried I waited too long to be aggressive, but I will keep at it! I do notice the bumpy areas getting smoother.
I like the idea of a sticker or band aid. Just make sure it is dark enough to keep out the sun. You are right, no one knows me, so I will post pics tomorrow.
So the scar doesn't get dark. I thought that too with high SPF....my ps is pretty conservative.
Hey! Follow up on sun and scar. After talking with others who've had new scars, I tried Mederma with spf30. Been tanning for two weeks and nada. I have a white line outlining the incision line and bb. And with massaging and silicone strips, the bumpiness is almost gone too. So I guess all that stuff really does help.
thanks for the tip on mederma spf30 I will slather that on my bb when I'm at the beach in 3 weeks!
I just used it too on vacation... Works well! I was worried at first but it worked! Kristi, your scar looks great! Where did u buy the silicone strips at? At what point did you gals stop wearing any spanx type garment?
Ohio, I'm still wearing my spanx alot. I haven't worn anything for 2 weeks to bed, but I wear it most days. I have one tender spot that feels better when I wear it. I'm playing tennis again and I wear spanx and bike type shorts to hold me extra tight for that. I bought my slicone at Amazon.com and it was on sale. I've only used it 6 days in a row and haven't noticed a real difference yet, I think it will take more time. Did your scar change at all on vacation? or is it still pink/red or white? You look fantastic!
Thanks. I bought my silicone strips on line. I've been using them about 2 weeks now, I guess. I can tell they have helped. But as someone mentioned to me, the scar still seems red when I initially take them off. But if I leave them off for a day, the scar lightens. Very strange! But the bumpiness is all but gone.

I am still in my Spanx garment during the day, but I stopped sleeping in mine last week (6 week mark). I go back to the PS next week. I'm going to ask him about it.
Enjoy your vacation and your new sexy belly! I'm going to the beach in April and cannot wait to hit the beach and not hate my tummy. I know when the Dr. took my drain out he wanted me to add extra padding for extra compression in the spot that had been filled with the drain. So with the fluid out you have to compress and get all that to adhere to itself (that's my understanding) and not recollect any fluid. Sorry you had a reaction to your antibiotic, but glad you're okay now. I went to tennis prac Monday and I'm so sore from being out of shape! But it feels good. It's funny that you asked about pics. I took some and downloaded on computer, but so wierd not to have exposed belly in 19 years, I just couldn't go thru with it and I deleted them. Maybe I will try again tomorrow, it will be 7 weeks then. I never posted before pics, so the comparison is hard to appreciate, but I guess I can show off my scar :) Would love to see your pics if you post them.
46, SHOW OFF!!! We deserve to show off! ;o)
OKAY, OKAY! I'll take a picture, and not delete it, tomorrow a.m. when I'm not as swollen and try to get it posted (technology not my strong point). Wow, peer pressure at my age!
Work it!! Own it! Be proud of it! ;o)
you're too funny!
Definitely post! No one here knows each other so why not! I will post as soon as I can find time. I feel like i am so behind on everything. I am bummed cuz my doc told me to cover up my belly button... So I am gonna buy a tankini! Too funny that I have to buy a tankini just after a tummy tuck! Any good ideas on keeping it out of the sun so I can wear a bikini? I thought maybe a little bandaid?