In Process of Receiving Treatments - Cincinnati, OH

So far I am pleased with the results. I think you...

So far I am pleased with the results. I think you have to realistic going into it, not thinking the result will be perfect skin, but improvement. The doctor I had also started me on the lowest setting. Doctor prepared me it may be 2 or 3 treatments before i begin to even see results. Pix show progress.

And..do you know what was the highest setting used so far? which treatment did the most dramatic difference..?
hey anne!! how did your 3rd treatment go?
Good - everything went fine. The scars are still there but less so. People have noticed a difference - especially the other day when someone who hadn't seen me for quite a while said she noticed my face was smoother. From a realistic standpoint, they will never be completely gone, so again, good to have the thought that improvement, not perfection will be the outcome!
Trying to remember...was thinking it was 12. The higher it was, the more effective it was. But, a lot more short term pain. I was always fine after, but during the procedure it was difficult when he would do a second pass on my skin. I just couldn't tolerate much higher.
Thanks Anne!
Hi Belledep - It should heal - hopefully you will see progress in a few more days.
Hi, Anne, your scares look alot like mine. i just got one session of fraxel done today. My dermatologist opt to not do the dual on me, but just 1927, on low setting on the first round, and will do the 1550 the second time around.
So far i already see the light brown coffee ground surfaced on the skin, hopefully in a few days, its will slough off and leave beautifull even tone skin.
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had had fraxel and seen great results after a year. I was told the results are only temp, ive had one session of fraxel. My skin has improved but still nothing compared to what i'm after.
I've had a total of 6 fraxel treatements in the last 5 yrs. One 4 yrs ago along with Smoothbeam, Perfecta & Affirm. Then last year I had a series of 4 fraxel treatments that ended in Dec, one a month,. then another fraxel in June this year. All were Restore. It did improve what I had but I still need more. I'm kind of surprised it didn't work at all on some of the little ones but helped a bit on the larger ones. I got the bad scars from Erbium Laser Resurfacing. I went in for some little scars & came out with tons of scars & a dent. That's why I'm so scared of Fraxel Repair where they take the skin off. The doctor destroyed my face with the Erbium Laser, he used too high a setting & it took too much skin off on my cheeks so that's what I'm trying to fix. I go for another fraxel in Jan 2013. I guess every little bit helps but after 5 yrs I'm so tired of all the down time & staying in because how bad my scars are. I just got Sculptra to help build up the skin instead of a face lift. For some people it seems to work better & on some nothing. I guess it depends on your skin. I just knew I couldn't not do anything so I keep going hoping for the best..
Hy Anne! The results look really amazing! I'm gonna have my first treatment done in a week. Did you break out, how long was your downtime? Thanks for sharing! greets from switzerland
Anne, I have bad acne scars and I know it's a long process and my face will never be perfect, but will improve. Think many people don't understand how long of a process fraxel is. I just finished my 3rd fraxel and with each time I went I saw slight improvement but I'm only halfway done with fraxel so only time will tell. Good luck, and you look great!
Thanks Melinda!
Your results look fabulous! I live in Cincinnati too. Who was your Dr?
I don't think we are allowed to actually give the doctor names on this site - if you email me, I could probably tell you that way.
I see other doctor names listed on this site - so I'll give it a shot - his name is Doctor Mohammad Diab. He is a dermatologist that I had been seeing for the last year as I had to go on acutane (my 2nd time on that medicine due to severe acne.) I liked him better than my other dermatologist and he talked about fraxel given the amount of scars I had over time. He does the fraxel in his 'skin care' location and to be honest, it definitely is NOT an upscale cosmetic place - it's a building that used to be a bank and now contains an urgent care with his small office for cosmetic procedures. If I hadn't seen him before in his dermatologist office, I'd be skeptical by the looks of things, but its been fine (probably helps keep the cost down on the treatments I'm sure.) He is also fairly cautious and starts on the lowest setting. Also, you cannot see it in the photos, but others are right that you have "red dots" left in your skin - you can't see these until you look in a magnified mirror. But in comparison to the bad scarring I had, it's a definite improvement and I'd still do it again.
Hi Anne. I can see the pictures and the results look great! I am so happy for you.
Thanks. Had my 3rd treatment just about 2 weeks ago so I'll have to take another picture. Although I don't feel like these photos show it, I could still see some of the larger scars which are now starting to fill in.
you should start using a skincare line called Jan Marini, it def. will help you. Its even recommended to use it in combination with Fraxel, in the period after. :) good luck!