Chin Reduction - Cincinnati, OH

I decided to get a chin reduction on June 13, 2012...

I decided to get a chin reduction on June 13, 2012. I am 22 yrs old and ever since i was in middle school, ive been made fun of because i had a broad, extended chin. It took up to a year to fully heal. My experience after surgery wasnt easy. I gone through alot of depression because my chin got huge and swollen. I am happy with my results now, a year later, but i have extra fat on my chin and in my mind, i feel that it is still big but i know its not. Plastic surgery did not give me the confidence i hoped for but i feel better about myself. Now I am deciding on going back to Dr. Mangat and getting possibly cheek lipo, MAYBE chin lipo to get the extra fat off, and stomach liposuction. I dont think i will have enough money to be able to do all of it but its a start!! I feel that my chin still looks long when a camera or someones looking straight at me. :(

Not worth $3500

I'm not happy with my results. It is better than my chin before but I want more done to it but dr mangat said there is nothing he can do though other surgeons told me there is more that needs to be done. I am upset and hurt. I was planning on getting lipo done through their group plus other things to get done but I decided to go find someone else. I went in the other day and talked to him about lipo but I felt like everyone there was pushing me to go with cool sculpting which I don't want because I want more fat off that will be a guarantee. And I felt that my doctor didnt take the time to sit and talk with me. I felt rushed. Again I am very upset. I had high hopes set with them.

Chin reduction re-done

So i got my chin re done by a different surgeon and he is amazing! My chin looks so much better! My previous surgeon told me he couldnt take any more bone off which was a lie bc my current surgeon took me to an orthodontist and i got an x ray of my face and there was so much done left! My surgery costed me $4,000 but totally worth it!!!! I wore a head piece for 3 weeks and all my swelling went down within 3 months! I have fat on my chin which I want off but that isnt possible. But other than that, Im happy. I have access fat under my chin and on my chin from the reduction but it is MUCH better than what i looked like before.

Photo

My Current Surgeon

So everyone is asking who my second surgeon is who did my chin and his name is Dr. Gene Ireland in Cincinnati and his practice is called the plastic surgery group off redbank rd. He is a surgeon who really does care for his patients and his employees are so wonderful. My first surgeon was a joke before I met my second surgeon. He doesn't sugar coat anything and is fully honest. I trust him with all of my future surgeries. I will be going to him in a few weeks to get the excess skin off from my chin surgery. I wish you all luck and email me for any questions you may have!
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not go to a surgeon who doesn't send you to an orthodontist to get an xray of your face. A good surgeon will have you go to one so he knows how much to take off and the orthopedic will also talk with the surgeon to help with his decision. If you were to choose a surgeon in Cincinnati, I fully suggest Dr. Gene Ireland at the Plastic Surgery Group. He is my surgeon I will always be going to. Good luck to everyone!