Chin Reduction - Cincinnati, OH

I decided to get a chin reduction on June 13, 2012...

I decided to get a chin reduction on June 13, 2012. I am 22 yrs old and ever since i was in middle school, ive been made fun of because i had a broad, extended chin. It took up to a year to fully heal. My experience after surgery wasnt easy. I gone through alot of depression because my chin got huge and swollen. I am happy with my results now, a year later, but i have extra fat on my chin and in my mind, i feel that it is still big but i know its not. Plastic surgery did not give me the confidence i hoped for but i feel better about myself. Now I am deciding on going back to Dr. Mangat and getting possibly cheek lipo, MAYBE chin lipo to get the extra fat off, and stomach liposuction. I dont think i will have enough money to be able to do all of it but its a start!! I feel that my chin still looks long when a camera or someones looking straight at me. :(

Not worth $3500

I'm not happy with my results. It is better than my chin before but I want more done to it but dr mangat said there is nothing he can do though other surgeons told me there is more that needs to be done. I am upset and hurt. I was planning on getting lipo done through their group plus other things to get done but I decided to go find someone else. I went in the other day and talked to him about lipo but I felt like everyone there was pushing me to go with cool sculpting which I don't want because I want more fat off that will be a guarantee. And I felt that my doctor didnt take the time to sit and talk with me. I felt rushed. Again I am very upset. I had high hopes set with them.

Chin reduction re-done

So i got my chin re done by a different surgeon and he is amazing! My chin looks so much better! My previous surgeon told me he couldnt take any more bone off which was a lie bc my current surgeon took me to an orthodontist and i got an x ray of my face and there was so much done left! My surgery costed me $4,000 but totally worth it!!!! I wore a head piece for 3 weeks and all my swelling went down within 3 months! I have fat on my chin which I want off but that isnt possible. But other than that, Im happy. I have access fat under my chin and on my chin from the reduction but it is MUCH better than what i looked like before.

Photo

My Current Surgeon

So everyone is asking who my second surgeon is who did my chin and his name is Dr. Gene Ireland in Cincinnati and his practice is called the plastic surgery group off redbank rd. He is a surgeon who really does care for his patients and his employees are so wonderful. My first surgeon was a joke before I met my second surgeon. He doesn't sugar coat anything and is fully honest. I trust him with all of my future surgeries. I will be going to him in a few weeks to get the excess skin off from my chin surgery. I wish you all luck and email me for any questions you may have!
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not go to a surgeon who doesn't send you to an orthodontist to get an xray of your face. A good surgeon will have you go to one so he knows how much to take off and the orthopedic will also talk with the surgeon to help with his decision. If you were to choose a surgeon in Cincinnati, I fully suggest Dr. Gene Ireland at the Plastic Surgery Group. He is my surgeon I will always be going to. Good luck to everyone!

u look great!!!
The result look beautiful. May I know who your second surgeon? Please, I'm desperate. I'm tired of being a ugly duckling. Over the years I've save all my money for this procedure but I don't know which doctor to trust. I found a Doctor in Bellevue, Washington and another one in Beverly Hills, California and also a couple in South Korea but I really want to contribute in the US economy instead but if I have to fly to South Korea to get it done; I will. Please tell me who your second doctor; I will greatly appreciate.
Dr. Gene Ireland in Cincinnati. His practice is the plastic surgery group off redbank rd. When you talk to a surgeon, please make sure they send you to an orthodontist to get an xray done of your face so you, the surgeon, and the orthodontist knows how much should be taken off. It should cost you $150. My second surgeon had me do that and I am thankful for him doing it so I knew how much he is taking off and what my bone looks like
Thank you so much. I'll go check their site.
I see 2 other posts asking about the surgeon for your second surgery. I am also curious who did that work. It looks great! I have wanted to get a chin reduction forever, but could not find many before pics that looked like my chin. When I did, the after results were barely noticeable - not worth the cost. Thanks for posting!
I am looking into having chin reduction genioplasty done also. If my picture was up here you would be able to see why I want it/need it. Im a 30 yr old male from Boston, MA. My chin is not proportional with the rest of my facial features. Its the first thing you see when you look at my face and it shouldn't be. But anyway you look very attractive. I'm expecting to pay between 5 and 10 Thousand for this genioplasty.
How did your surgery turn out?
Congrats, You look amazing and beautiful after the second surgery ..I have mostly the same chin problem ..may I know who was your second surgeon?
Thank you so much . One more thing ...Can you tell me how much did it cost you for everything ( surgeon's fee, hospital, radiological workup, and the anathsesia.
Oh, wow, you look fantastic!!!! So happy for you!!
Who was the surgeon who did the 2nd surgery?
Dr. Gene Ireland in Cincinnati
Love your result post-2nd surgery! I am having a chin reduction on February 7th. I hope my result is as amazing as yours. Can you tell me, how long should I expect to be swollen? When will I look normal enough to return to work without coworkers noticing? Do you think I'll be able to say I had oral surgery and have that be believable? Thanks so much for sharing your story. You look just fabulous.
How did your surgery go?!! I would love to know and i apologize so much for responding late. I didnt know I would have so many comments on here!
hey girl, first of all - you are beautiful, and your new chin does look more proportional to your face. Just smile and remember that guys don't judge us nearly as harshly as we judge ourselves! No one hones in on our own flaws like we do, believe me. With that said, for you or anyone else reading this - DO NOT GET COOL SCULPTING. That procedure is an absolute RIP OFF. It does not work. Surgeons get $ and kick backs from the company that makes the machines for using it. I got it on my tummy and it was $1300 down the drain. I did not see a bit of difference. I ended up getting lipo anyway, which WORKS, and I LOVE my result. Best of luck to you. Remember to love yourself and enjoy life wherever you are at!
Hey!! Thank you for the post. I actually got my chin redone and i like it very much and now i wanna go and get lipo. Im glad you love your results!!!
Wow I was shocked when I read that you took 1 year to fully heal, then I saw the 'before' photo, and yes you're right your chin was really long and broad. I see a significant improvement in your 'after' photo in the pink shirt, but it's hard to compare with different angles. I think u shouldn't worry anymore about it, there's limits to how much surgery can help us. After a while, u get diminishing returns. All the best, I think u look very nice
I also desperately want a chin reduction im sick of people talking about it I can't even afford to get one so ur lucky. So im going to have to live with it! :(
How old r u? you can get a credit card through the company

I'm sorry to hear how you were feeling. :( If you go for other consults and find other options for your chin please keep us updated. Sending hugs your way!

Dogblondie....I understand how you feel, I am 60 years old and only recently realized how big, long and square my chin is! But I wanted to tell you, hon, you do not need to go under the knife anymore, because you are truly beautiful and everything on your face looks in proportion. I do not look at your photo and think, "ooh...ugly chin," I look at your photo and think, "what a pretty girl!" None of us are perfect, but you are closer to perfect than most and should be proud of your looks. Honest!

You are v pretty