Needs Some Advise! - Cincinnati, OH

Hi ladies, I'm just like everyone else here. I...

Hi ladies, I'm just like everyone else here. I have dealt with all the back,neck and shoulder pain for years. Along with all the teasing that I endured while in school. I'm 42 yrs. and still get the embarrassing remarks about my size. It makes me flash back to being in the sixth grade and being called "big tits". I hated going to school because I knew someone would tease me. I always thought that I was the only person in the world that had this problem.and that I was some kind of freak. So now that having big boobs not only hurt me mentally when I was young they are taking a toll on my back and shoulders. I've done the diet and exercise routine and lost 60 lbs. My breast did not budge I stayed in a f cup. So frustrating that the one place I needed to lose it the most didn't go no where. Last year I decided that I was going to research BR . First step was my mammogram. I had put it off for a long time just because of my size. During the mammogram they found 3 lumps. One in the right and two in the left. Was a really scary experience. But luckily for me after having biopsies on all three came back non cancerous. Enter my love hate relationship. I hate them being so big but didn't want them to be sick. Now it's a year later and I'm ready to get this done. My back is in a knot everyday, I just can't handle it anymore. I'm icy hot patches during the day on my shoulders and on my back. Then at night heating pad. Monday I went to the ps trying to get this procedure started. I'm still on the fence about the ps. He didn't really seem to care about the fact that I want to be a C cup. He was more about making me a D cup. After telling him that he pretty much stated that a D cup would be better than what I'm dealing with now. REALLY! It's not like you could walk into a Dairy Queen and ask for a chocolate ice cream and the employee telling you that you would like vanilla better. Maybe I'm over thinking it and trust that he knows what he's doing. I'm 5ft. even and just think that D cup will still look big. And won't help with the back ache. I'm waiting on my insurance to approve me. Witch I have already spoken to insurance and they will cover 80%. The ps said it could take up to 6 weeks. I don't know why it would take that long. Another reason why I'm still on the fence about this guy. It took three weeks to get a appointment just to see him. I'm wondering if I should maybe seek another surgeon. If anyone could suggest a surgeon in the Cincinnati area that would be great.

taking way to long!

Just got off the phone with PS office. I wanted to see if anything had been turned into insurance yet. Find out nothing has been sent out. Still waiting on transcripts. It been 10 days already! I don't understand what the hold up is. Feeling sad and irritated. Is every ps the same way? :(

Still waiting

Still waiting for PS office to summit my information to insurance. I'm being told that they are waiting for transcripts to be decoded. Over to 2 weeks now since first consultation. The waiting has to be the hardest part.

Still waiting!

It's been 3 1/2 weeks since my consultation. I did find out that it was turned into my insurance. So it's still pending. The waiting is the hardest part! I'm so ready for this. I'm tired of always being in pain. My back hurts everyday. I hope to hear something by the end of this week. Til then :(

Finally some good news!!!

Talked to my insurance company today. And was told that I was approved!!! And the letters were sent out on the 10th. Can't wait to schedule surgery and get this done. I almost cried when he told me that it was approved. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sept. 27th!

I'm so happy! Surgery is scheduled for the 27th. So. Next Friday is the big day! Going today for my pre op appointment. Not sure what exactly I will be doing. Just glad it's the first step to my surgery. I will be posting pictures soon.

8 more days!

Yes I'm counting them down! Got my physical today, prescriptions are filled and got front closure sports bra. I have never in my life been in a sports bra. Even buying one seemed odd to me. Kinda just seems to be unreal. Needless so say I'm just really happy!

Very happy!

It's been 9 days since surgery. I feel great! I'm so happy with the results. I would recommend this surgery for anyone thinking about getting it done. Little to no pain. The hardest part is sleeping on your back. I went from a 40F to a 38C. Surgeon took 2.5 lbs from each breast.

Yes!!!  All approved and ready to go.

I highly recommend to everyone that you go for at least 3 consults.   If you are not 110% sure about a doctor you need to keep looking.  This is the most important part of the process.  You need to totally click with the doctor.

I know you are anxious to get this done but please keep looking.

Thanks ladies! i really do appriciate everyones help. Yes, I think I will see another PS. I got the names of couple more in my area. I'm waiting on my insurance to send the approval letter. Hoping that it doesn't take to long for it. It's only been a week and it seems like forever.
I too would get another opinion. I am not sure how tall you are but I am 5 feet, was an F cup and am now, 6 weeks post op, a 34 B. Again, I am not a PS and not sure what criteria that they look at when they determine how small or not small they can go. Wouldn't hurt to hear what another PS has to say. Best of luck!
Try second opinion.I was 38 DD and now on day 22 post op. with compression bra on it looks like B, but in a few month, it will form to C.i had 3 different Ps consultations until I found the one who cares and I feel I can trust him, also I met A few women who had BR done by him. It is important that he is caring, approachable and not spoiled yet. Go for it. First 2 days is tough, but with pain relief and some help from your family or friends you will make it. Better to stay in the hospital first night under observation, so PS can see you early next morning before discharge home. About surgical technic, the are different.some Drs only remove 1 size or about1 pound of weight from each side. I have done it in Costa Rica so can' t recommend anyone in your area, blessings...