Tummy Tuck and Thigh Lift - NZ

I was very overweight as a young child and...

I was very overweight as a young child and teenager, and a change in eating habits and lifestyle caused me to lose about 40kg of unwanted fat. My skin never bounced back from this rapid weight loss, despite my young age, and hours spent every week weight training and keeping active.

With the support of my parents and family, I was finally able to have this extra skin removed this year at age 18, as it had been causing me physical pain and emotional distress.

I haven't had my dressings off yet to see enough of my results, but I am very flat with just a little swelling. I had a thigh lift at the same time, and this is also healing well. My surgeon was Dr Jesse Kenton-Smith, and he advised me that he 'quilted' the skin, preventing swelling, and allowing me to have my drains removed less than 24h after surgery. My pain hasn't been too much, although walking around is very slow, and I have been allowed to shower since the day after the operation.

Surgery for tummy tuck and thigh lift with liposculpting was about $15,000 USD.

Day 5 Post Op

Today was a little rougher...My swelling has gone up, and I think I've caught some sort of bug.

Luckily I'm still not too sore, however I'm quite light headed and less mobile than I was yesterday. I'm also nauseous and can't eat much and I'm worried this will affect my recovery :(

Here's to hoping I feel somewhat normal again soon.

One Week!

The last few days have been a little rough. I caught a tummy bug and spent all Sunday vomiting, and Sunday night in the 24h clinic down the road. Also when they say codeine can be constipating they mean it....I wish I'd taken advice to have mild laxitives on hand more seriously.

My tummy is healing nicely...I finally saw my belly button and it's a nice oval shape and a nice size. I don't really have much swelling around my belly, but my hips and thighs are still quite puffy.

My thigh lift wounds have been the biggest pain, because it's so warm down here in New Zealand that they've been majorly chafing. Dr Kenton-Smith had a look, and I'm now nicely taped up with some gauze and padding to prevent more chafing, which is infinitely more comfortable. I can actually walk now!

Hopefully I'm going to venture out of the house for the first time tonight :)

Before photos :)

These are my only before photos - I took them about a year ago when I was at my lowest weight (about 52kg), however I found that this weight was too low, so I have since gained about 6 kg, and am now very happy with my size.
Dr. Jesse Kenton-Smith

Dr Kenton-Smith was very knowledgable, and gave me what I believe to be his best unbiased advice. I was well looked after by him and the nurses at the hospital, and he checked in with my daily during my stay. The nurses at St. George's are absolute gems!

Welcome to the community.  Hang on sweets and things will turn around soon.  The first couple of weeks are the worst but then start turning around.  You got this girlie and will be just fine.  We are all here to support you through the journey.

Hope you feel better soon
I'm still fully bandaged up so I can't see much yet. I'll post pics when I get my dressings off next week :)
Sounds like everything went well. Any pics?
I'm on my 3rd day too. Congratulations!
Congrats doll r u going to post pics? Happy healing future doll
Good on you taking control of your life at such a young age. You seem to be handling post op well and have a great family well done!!!!
Congrats!!!