Choose Your Electrolysist with Care

Electrolysis for Brows, Chin and Upper Lip...

Electrolysis for Brows, Chin and Upper Lip Area

Pros: I looked great for thirteen years!

Cons: After encountering an inexperienced electrolysist I was left scarred.

Con: Unless the electrolysist uses a Weiss microscope, the frequency of treatments could drag on for years in that they are unable to destroy the hair permanently unless it is at its finest. In improving visibility, it also reduces scabbing.

After years of successful electrolysis I went to an electrolysist who left me with deep scabs, on my upper lip area, that lasted about a month. The scabs turned to red dots and by the end of the summer they turned into dark dots which looked like a mustache. In addition, within a two week time frame in the fourth month, I developed the sudden appearance of wrinkles in the same area. I have no other wrinkles.

HBS Laser and Electrolysis

The electrolysis treatments that I'd been so satisfied with in the past were done by electrolysists who came recommended either by a plastic surgery clinic or a friend who'd been to them. Also, they used a Weiss microscope which enabled them to permanently destroy the hair at a much faster rate. By the time I met with the electrolysist who scarred me, I had only a tiny bit of barely visible upper lip hair for which I required an annual treatment. The lemon I encountered for what would have been one of my last anual treatments, was not recommended by anyone. I went to her because she was in the area.

i had electrolosis and also go wrinkles think its when they have it on a high setting and have lots of sessions effects theskin hope they go but ive had these wrinkles for 6 months now not good
Thank you for your response. Since the doctors I've seen in my area try to claim that the wrinkles are a result of age, it has been very helpful to me to hear from people who suffered the same side effect. The incident happened in 2008. A few months after my treatment, I was able to see a specialist about the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation around my upper lip. 1 week after that appointment, I noticed pits at the corners of my mouth, the outer edges of my brows and above my right brow. Around that time, I noticed that when I puckered my lips while brushing my teeth that wrinkles would become visible, which was unusual but livable, I thought. A week later, the pits around my mouth turned into wrinkles that show even when I'm not puckering. I have one wrinkle towards the left side of my upper lip and a plaid wrinkling pattern of many wrinkles at the right corner of my mouth. The pits around the corners of my brows turned into what is known as "stretched scars." I made another appointment with the doctor and since then have seen two others. I was more alarmed about the wrinkling at my mouth than the pits. Initially they claimed it was my age and a result of the mechanical movement of my mouth. They also claimed it was a result of thin skin and being female. In 2009 I posted on Medhelp as Scarface457 and a doctor, to whom I sent pics, said that it was a result of scar tissue during the healing process attaching itself to the underlying muscle. Since then, many people of differing ages have responded, saying that they suffered the same side effect from negligently done electrolysis. I showed the first doctor I went to the many posting and pics of others who had the same experience as well as the online doctor's diagnosis and he finally stopped disputing the cause of the wrinkling. He also mentioned that my scars are most likely due to electrolysis done on too high a setting, though he won't put that in writing. If it's any consolation, the wrinkling did not get worse and because it's not in the usual pattern of aging (it looks like an injury), people still say I look younger than my age. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.