No Down Time?? Yeah Right! - Chino, CA

I got coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen and...

I got coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen and I'm now on day 7 and the pain was so bad that I couldn't sleep through the night. I kept waking up with shooting pains in the area that was treated. I talked to the doctor today and they must be fairly new to coolsculpting because the doctor completely undemined my pain and acted like it was comparable to soreness from an intense workout. Yeah right! I've done Insanity, P90X, and I've run 7 marathons and even been injured in a couple of them and still, this pain is worse and a lot harder to work with. I was prescribed Neurontin and now I'm just waiting to see if it works. I read some reviews from people with the same problem who said that it didn't work for them.

I'll update regularly and post pictures. I really hope this works because otherwise all this pain will be for nothing.

I'm at 13 pays, post-procedure and the pain has...

I'm at 13 pays, post-procedure and the pain has finally become tolerable. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't need ice and today I'm at work and able to sit comfortably and work. I have noticed a difference but it could just be because the swelling went down. I've also noticed a crease in the skin between the pubic bone and the lower stomach that wasn't there before. I hope this goes away. Has anyone else hand anything similar happen. I've posted a pic of it.

It's been just over 3 weeks and I don't have any...

It's been just over 3 weeks and I don't have any pain at all. It still feels somewhat numb but not as much as before. I took a week 3 picture but it doesn't look much different from week 2 so I didn't post it. Also, I've been eating really crapy and haven't worked out as much as usual but I'm the same weight and my lower stomach is still flatter than usual so it seems like this procedure is working so far. I have started to eat well and work out again. I'll update again when I see change.

Hello, I'm on week 7 of my coolsculpting and I...

Hello,

I'm on week 7 of my coolsculpting and I definitely see results. I'm posting before and afters. The befores were a week or so after the procedure and the afters are from today. They say it takes up to 3 months so I'm very excited to see what the end results are. Btw - I hadn't been eating well or working out since the procedure but I started to in the last week so just by that alone, I know this is totally due to the procedure, not weight loss.

Thank you for posting. Ive been very curious about this procedure. By the way you can definitely tell the difference. Looks good!
Hi Cri5sy, thank you for sharing your story, and being so good at updating. I want to do this procedure and was looking for real people stories. People's pain treshold varies so I get that it can hurt. However seems like the pain was worth it for you considering the results you are seeing, right? Please keep posting until you reach week 12, thanks!
You're a marathon runner and need this treatment?
Yup... I have this horrible bulge that won't go away no matter how hard I try. I got down to 105 lbs and it was still there.. bad genes, I guess :(
Not bad genes. I am German, great genes. And, my abs were impossible. I did 175 ab crunches, low fat diet,and rode bike, etc. I am post menopausel. It just kind of droops at a certain point I guess. ha ha ha.
Neurotin should work when you take 300 mg a day. My Dr gave me 100 mg the 1 st day 200 mg the next day and 300 mg until day 7. I experienced the same pain as you I was so bad i did not sleep for 6 nights. Take Neurotin it will help the burning and the stabing , nerve pain and use local ice pack too on and off. Good luck!
Thanks so much! The ice pack is working wonders!
Very happy that the ice pack gave you some relief ! I went through the same pain I know! Don' leave the Ice pack more than 10/15 minutes in a row . Be good.
Its a little ironic that the icepack helps...
Just try of you need. But to say that you might not have to use it!.
the ice pack is the only thing that is working for me. This pain is just horrible. I cant beleive i was this stupid.
The pain will go away, just keep icing. For me, it was on the 12th day that I started feeling close to normal. I felt stupid too but now I'm glad I did it because I got really good results. I wouldn't do it again though! :)
Thanks. I just called the doctor where I had it done, and theyre giving me pain killers. I wouldnt do it again either. Its best to just go to the gym, and do your best.
Thanks for your review. The after photos sure looks like it was worth it. I'm 5 days post and feeling larger vs smaller and it's 4am and I'm typing this so that says a lot about my sleep time but this has been the worse day/night so far so hopefully things will look up for me
Yes, around five days after my procedure I was looking larger because i was still swollen. The only thing that helped me where the ice packs. I know you cant take them to work, but; yesterday was my day 9 and i finally was able to drive. I did have an ice pack hidden under my blouse though. I cannot zip up my pants. If you have maternity pants, they are great for this. I would never do this again, and feel like an idiot for doing it.