The worst mistake in my life!! - China, CN

Well, this is my history: I came to China to study...

Well, this is my history: I came to China to study their language. I made a lot of friends and I got to meet specifically this guy that just had his tattoo done. The quality of the work was incredible. I really wanted to get a cool tattoo from that artist too.

So we went together to his tattoo shop and I talked with him personally ,told him that my idea was to get a dragon tattoo from my bicep area to my back. I already had a shoulder piece that included a blue-black rose and another tattoo on my shoulder area both blended together with water. Well so this artist got his pen and drew on my hand and back. I looked at it and it was really cool so I told him to start.

The second he finished i new i HATED IT! he changed a lot of things as he started tattooing. Laser removal is my only option ! it sucks but is the truth... Has anyone got a complete tattoo removal?
How safe is to remove a tattoo 100% ? Is that possible?

So far everything has gone well. Today I went to a...

So far everything has gone well. Today I went to a Hospital where they offer me tattoo removal with Alexandrite 755nm of Cynosure. I do not how well this Laser will deal with my ink. The nurse told me that it has a big probability of fading, but still is a LONG process. Hopefully can clear some of my ink. Has anyone used alexandrite 755nm Cynosure? how well did your skin reacted to it? And how much fading did you got?

decided to move on , finished the tattoo ,happy with it , peace of mind. end of this story

Wow, that turned out sweet :) did you get it finished by the same artist?
Looks amazing!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing, you made the right choice!

Hey there, have you started your removal, if so how is it going? Can you confirm what laser you are being treated with?

Cynosure 755 Alex...as in an Elite? The hair removal laser?? I would not proceed with tattoo removal on this laser. You need a q-switched YAG!
Does this tattoo go into a sleeve?
yes it does ! not to a full sleeve but half sleeve. The outline of the dragon is also present in my bicep area and tricep too.
I am in the same position with my outline. I couldn't move forward with it so I have a huge outline of Ganesha on my back. It was supposed to be a cover up for another tattoo on my back. I made a huge mistake and now... what took 3 hours to outline is probably going to take about a year to remove. Have you heard of the R20 method? It's 4 passes of the laser in one session and makes the tattoo removal process much easier and QUICKER! It's a little pricey. They quoted me $1,600 for a 4 treatment session. Think of a boulder. The first pass of the laser breaks it into rocks. Second pass into stones. Third pass into pebbles and fourth pass into sand. The reason why your body can not break down ink on its own is because the ink particles are too large. The R20 process breaks them down into small enough particles that our bodies find easier to expel and dispose of. Make sense? Too good to be true? I thought so to... luckily they have a Facebook where patients have posted their own photos to document their tattoo removal. It's amazing! Some of the patients had 50%-80% clearing. One clients tattoo was completely removed 3 months after the laser. The laser being used in a RevLite Q-Switched laser which targets just the ink without damaging the surrounding skin cells. I'm excited about it and I think it'll work! I plan on documenting the whole process here so stay posted! Obviously, I have to be realistic about my outcome and NOT expect too much. Don't want to make myself even more irritated, but this has been extremely hard for me. I made a mess of a mess and I feel hopeless. I hope beginning the tattoo removal process with lighten my spirits. I don't feel like myself. 10 days ago I had 1 messed up tattoo. Now I have that tattoo under a big outline of another tattoo! What have I gotten myself into?! It's really depressing, but I get hopeful when I read the stories of other people and I know that I am not alone. Let stay in touch!
Its really hard to move on with such a big reminder of my bad decisions too! But the secret is to believe and keep the faith up. I live in china for the moment so I really don't know any other place where they remove tattoos. I will be here for around 4 years. I will search about the R20 procedure and hopefully find a place where they can help me with that! But for the moment I have to stick with alexandrite. How big is your tattoo? Do you have any pictures of it ? How much time after getting your outlines did you waited to start the procedure? Hope you can clear your miss take too!
It's just the outline right now. They charge by ink amount so it's probably the size of a piece of paper all together... with wings and if the outline was condensed into an area. I will be happier once I get started with the procedure, but the estheticians say I have to wait 6-8 weeks before starting. I just got in April 8th so I have some time to go, but it'll go by fast.... hopefully. I hope I don't need more than 12 treatments to get this outline removed... but I guess I can't put a price on removing this unwanted tat. They also say its best if you allow more time in between treatments so that ur skin heals and your lymphatic system gets rid of the tattoo on its own. This could possibly mean less treatments. Make sue you are eating raw foods and try to stay away from animal protein and fish oils. Excercise. Drink lots of water. Get massages to give your body some circulation, etc. your body and how you take care of it will play a huge role in how much your tattoo clears. Hope mine gets cleared as well. I'm probably looking at a year for complete removal... maybe more, but a year is my goal.
Shadow123: Is it a new tattoo? I swear you and I are int he exact same position. Your tattoo may be a bit larger than mine, but overall it's just the outline so you should not have issues removing it. I would be hopeful.
What don't you like about the dragon, I think it would look great it filled in....IMO I am being treated by the Alex Trivantage laser and have been having good resutls.
The original design was a lot better , i just think it does not worth to give the try to fill it in. Because if I still do not like how it looks than I will have a really BIG problem, well bigger than this one. haha I just keep my faith that Alexandrite will work for me. How much time do you wait between each appointment? How do you feel this laser has worked for you?
You should have great results with your removal, it's only a light black outline...so no issues.  I wait 5-6 weeks Good Luck!
Thank you! I really hope so I am in the process of healing my tattoo first so I can start the LONG but safe process of removal.It is really so anoying to live with this, but your story really inspires me and so many other people going through the same ! I hope for good results ! After I remove this one I will remove my black n blue rose and the water that blends them together... WOW This will be an investment in my life hope it worths.. Because its a BIG tattoo
I have never met someone who had 100% removal and my tattoo removal tech only knows 1 person, but that could be that the laser technology in my area isn't as high tech as it could be. I don't think it us unsafe by any means or would harm your body (but that's my personal opinion)
Hopefully I can get some good fading in mine. SH*T ink regret sucks. What type of laser are you using to fade your tattoo? Looks that it is fading pretty good!
The lastest place i've been to uses the q switched laser and I think i see very good results from it. I've used 3 different looking machines but I'm really not sure what they all are. Just keep going to sessions! there are also different options for removal, I haven't tried any other but my laser tech knows of good results with the method that tattoos a chemical over the tattoo to bring the ink up.
I will be going through a session with Alexandrite 755nm of Cynosure. I will post some before and after pictures after it heals. I hope to solve this problem , but till then I just have to patiently wait. Hope you keep getting such extraordinary results.! I heard about a chemical called rejuvi that is supposed to be tattooed on top of your original tattoo. It breaks the ink and takes it to the surface. Still do not know if it effective or not. For the moment I will stick to Laser, I have faith this will work.