Over 6 1/2 Weeks PO - Chicago

I am a mother of three boys and been chunky my...

I am a mother of three boys and been chunky my whole life. The last two years, along with my husband, I have really transformed my body from a size 14 to a 6. Its sad because no matter how long I work out or modify my diet I am left with a belly. Well I am finally going to have the tummy tuck done!!! I plan on doing lower eyelid surgery as well.

This is really big for me. This next couple of weeks are going to be interesting and I look forward to what I will be by this summer.

11/26/11 - I am getting excited. Went shopping on...

11/26/11 - I am getting excited. Went shopping on Black Friday and decided that I will not purchase any more clothes until after my 6 week post op.
Last night I went to a high school reunion get together. Everyone remarked on how much weight I lost and how good I looked. All I could think about was "wait until this summer"!

12/12/11 Time is approaching and Im not nervous....

12/12/11
Time is approaching and Im not nervous. I have my preop appt on 12/21. I have not told my friends and only one of my five sisters is aware of my upcoming surgery. I did not tell my boss either. This is going to be interesting when I arrive back to work with no more bags under my eyes or belly.

Ok I am putting up my before pics... These are so...

Ok I am putting up my before pics... These are so sad but makes me feel so comfortable about my decision.

I have two days to go and I am getting a bit ansy....

I have two days to go and I am getting a bit ansy. I am not nervous about the surgery but the healing process makes me nervous. Just counted my days and I am blessed to start my period on Saturday (if my schedule is correct) and that should make this even more interesting :(. I pay the surgical center tomorrow and then it is real. I am going to church on Wednesday evening after working a full day.

Right now I am trying to get over a cold and my nose and eye are running but nothing will get me down!!! I will get up tomorrow, do bootcamp and act as if my day is normal.

I still wonder which friends and family members I should tell. My mom, husband and one sister are aware of the surgery but everyone else is in the dark. (my sister n law was my inspiration so she is aware of the surgery as well).. Ok Im rambling so I will stop and the next time you should hear from me will be after surgery.

1/8/2012 alright this was harder than I thought....

1/8/2012 alright this was harder than I thought. Been sleeping in a chair and that was already. But just took my first shower and that was just crazy. My husband was helping me but he wasn't as gentle as I needed him to be. Not quite sure how I feel about my stomach. I looked at it for the first time today and again I am not sure how I feel. I have watched so much tv that my brain is fried as well.

Had my first bm today and it was like night and day. I was in so much pain for three days and then after the bm all was well.

Hope for pics soon.

1/10/12 I go for my second post op appt tomorrow....

1/10/12 I go for my second post op appt tomorrow. I wanted to out at least one pic up with my drains in. I noticed that one side looks irritated so I will address it with him.

This is my first week out. It's been challenging...

This is my first week out. It's been challenging and after my follow up yesterday it looks like I will go a couple more days with my drains. Pulled my pain pump out last Saturday and now I am just sitting here waiting to get better. My back and flanks are still uncomfortable and my thighs are swollen. I was a size 6 before surgery and now I can't fit into any of my clothes :(. My doc says that I am going to look great once the swelling goes down. The swelling - the swelling is killing me. I have another week at home and then back to work.

I enjoy reading everyone's post cause I need that motivation and inspiration.

1/18/12 Today I got my drains out. Yea! The...

1/18/12
Today I got my drains out. Yea! The swelling is still there but not as bad as the first day. I am sleeping through the night but still in a chair. I feel so much better and slowly I am walking straighter. Now I am going to purchase some garments to help shape my body. Don't know why but I want to be cheap and get the knock off version of spanks but after doing all this work I guess another 50 won't hurt.

My husband has been great helping me but it will be nice to take a shower without his help.

my body - I am not real happy yet. I am getting use to my bb and my stomach isn't totally flat. lastly my swelling is still there so I know I need to be patient. Oh well here are my latest pics.

1/20/12 Today I shopped but didnt really buy...

1/20/12 Today I shopped but didnt really buy anything. All I could think about was how nice I will look in low riders when this thing is all over.

On Wednesday I purchased a CG from Target and some other spanxs from Nordstrom. I can see a difference after one evening with it on. I mean my garment before was a one piece that was loose after one week. I dont think it was holding it all in like it should have. But this CG is the BOMB.. and it was under 20 bucks. My stomach is starting to look flat. Now my abs are still swollen so I know I have a ways to go with that one.

Monday I am back to work and I will update at that time. (it is going to be interesting)

1/27/12 Today I have completed a full week of...

1/27/12
Today I have completed a full week of working outside of the home. I had to meet with my team on Thursday and everyone commented that I look like I lost weight (I havent) or did I do something with my hair? They just couldnt put their finger on it. I had to laugh cause as I got hugs I tried to pull away so they wouldnt feel the binder and spanxs I had on.

It was hard in the beginning but as the week progessed it became easier. I have learned that if I have to use the bathroom then I must go immediately or I will start to hunch over and feel it right in my belly.

Today I was walking in the grocery store and knew I had to use the bathroom but I thought I could hold it. OH NO - my stomach tightened up and my paced slowed down and I started to hunch. As much as I didnt want to use the public toliet - I had to go immedately. Then that pep in my step returned!

I have a lump in my inner thigh that I will address with my PS on monday during my post op. Due to the suggestion of some wonderful women on this site I have been massaging the area. Knowing that others have the same issue helped to calm my inital fears.

I will give pics this weekend cause my swelling has went down and I am now starting to see the shape.

1/31/12 This is the end of the month and so...

1/31/12
This is the end of the month and so different than how I started this month and year. Yesterday my PS took off the tape and I was able to see my "scar". Its barely there. I mean he used some gel and tape instead of stitches and boy I can see how this is going to heal and you will never know I had my body cut off from hip to hip..
I will take pics once I get all the glue off so you can see a true pic of it.

I still have days of wondering WHY... but I know that once the swelling has left then all will be GREAT!

2/11/12 I am past my five week mark. I purchased...

2/11/12
I am past my five week mark. I purchased a full body spank that I alternate with my cg with compression tights.
I know that my "gut" is gone but I still want to be smaller. I have started to run again and was so happy to actually get past that 10min mile today. I am doing 30 mins on the treadmill. I can only hope to be back to my old time by April.

2/20 Today was my follow up with my PS. I still...

2/20
Today was my follow up with my PS. I still have some belly fat on my upper abs and I was so sure it was just fluid and a quick fix. Well no he informs me that its fat. That I might have to get lipo to get it out. Then his assistant suggests that I can just stay away from whites and that fat will fall off. Six weeks until my follow up again and I dont know my thoughts on doing lipo again.

I think I will try to make a effort to get rid of this on my own but I will not hesistate if its still pronounced. Heck I dont have to pay for it (or wait the pain can cost just as bad as money).

Otherwise I love my lower abs and my legs.. Heck I love my flanks as well. Its only my upper belly thats just not flat!
Geldnor

He makes you feel as if you known him for a long time. I visited many different PS and he was the only one that made me feel as if he could do this job with no issues. The staff (especially Josie) are great.

Hi, u really look great, I cant wait to get my TT March 8th! U are healing very well!
Ms thanks a lot. I have to admit that sometimes you forget the before so make sure you take pics to compare. good luck and your date will be here before you know it! these weeks flew by as well.
Kimmers and strickker this process has taught me patience. I am going to wait but I have to admit that I am disappointed.
I understand how you feel and I have a strange feeling I may have to consider the same but my PS haven't said anything yet. But I see it in my lower stomach. I too said the same thing... "It's time to do my part" Let's see what happen in 6 weeks...

I would wait and give this some time.  Don't rush into the lipo just yet.  Let your body heal some more and settle. You can always do the lipo later.

I'm so impressed with the fact that you're running already! My dr. wants me to wait a bit longer due to the hernia repair. I'm impatient, but I don't want to screw things up, so I'll hold tight. You look great, MommieD!
Surro thanks for the complement. You should wait young lady :). I was suprised how I have progressed cause that first walk had me thinking that I would never run again. But then again 5 weeks ago I couldn't imagine standing upright. I am hoping that once my abs are not so swollen then my time will improve. For some crazy reason I can't wait to use my core.
Part of the reason I'm holding off is because my dr. said "light jogging" is okay, but I'm not sure I know how to lightly jog! I know myself too well, and I know if I go out, I'm going to go faster than I probably should. I'd been doing my training runs at about an 8:20 pace, racing at about a 7:35 pace average. I'll start with the walk/run, but if its anything like after my c-sections, it won't take me long to get back to a full run. Slow just isn't in my vocabulary. :(
thank you kat. Key word is worked up to 10 mins. Please keep in mind I did not do the full 30 at 10 mins
still, that's fantastic! I could do 8:30 for 30 minutes before surgery, but comfy pace was 10. I cannot wait to just start walking again :)
Wow!! A 10 minute mile at 5 weeks PO?? You give me hope girl!! :) Your scar is really awesome, you're doc did a great job!
Positive thought for the day: You know how we are all tired of sleeping in this propped up position and can't wait to get on our sides 'cause or tailbones hurt, we can't sleep on our back,etc. etc. etc. Well...I looked at my face in the mirror today(1st time in awhile since I have been staring at my breasts and belly so much!!), and thought I looked pretty good...something was different. Well, I am going to be 51 next month and was not blessed with my mom's beautiful, wrinkle-free skin (she is 78 and people think she is my sis). I got my Dad's Irish, thin skin that wrinkles easy and early. I have deep laugh lines, a crease between my brows, major crow's feet and deep lines on either side of my face on my cheeks (these REALLY bug me). I am a side and belly sleeper and always look really bad when I first wake up. Are you starting to get my drift? So, now that I have been on my back for 78 straight nights, my wrinkles look so much better!!! They are not as pronounced and not as deep, so...I am considering finding a way to comfortably sleep on my back for the rest of my life (not in this position that is bruising my tailbone, but I bet I can find something that will work). Sorry if I sound too perky I do get accused of that sometimes;), but I am trying to keep a positive attitude today!! Anyone else noticing this??
ooops...on my back for 7 nights, not 78!!!!
You're absolutely right about the back-sleeping. Its funny, but when I was pregnant with twins I *had* to sleep on my sides, and I couldn't wait for the day when I could sleep on my back again! I can comfortably sleep on my back, I'm just dying to lay flat again, I hate this sitting up thing!
Put a pillow under your tail bone, really helped. I slept on the couch with 4 pillows behind me, one under my tail bone, that I kept also for my hips, and one bent under my knees. You should be able to remove the one under your knees. Good luck.
Great thought.
Its interesting, I wore the CG a lot yesterday, and I was really sore above my belling button where the hernia was repaired, but I still looked pretty flat. Maybe I was just up and around too much, but I don't know that I was super swollen. I'm still more comfortable in my binder though. Sorry to hear you have to return to work on Monday -- I still have another week off which I'm grateful for, I think I'll cry my first day back at work, I can already tell its gonna wear me out!
Surro I am definately taking it easy that first day. I am in sales so I work out of my car. If I get tired then I will just go home. I am so ready to get out of this house though. I can't take it anymore. ;)
I totally understand being ready to get out of the house. I fear going back to work because while I've been out, my secretaries have been scheduling me stuff for that first week back, and now my calendar is jam-packed every single day. I think by noon on that first Monday I'll be ready to quit.
I had my TT right as fall term ended, when winter term started I was 6 weeks PO, the standing and up and down was good. The souring is what killed me and stool does. Makes my hips sore and my belly swell. Fortunately I'm taking this term all online, it's a huge load to do from home, but glad I mad the choice. I can lay if I need to. Happy healing, you are looking marvelous!
Surro I tried to make my monday light but for some reason I have appts al day everyday tue - fri. Now that should be interesting. I need to play the lotto. ( but I hate getting out the car to go into the gas station - its just to cold here)
Gandil do you still swell?
Oh yes, the swelling is bad at night if I've sat too long or eating salty food.
MommieD, I think you look fantastic!! That swelling will go down and you will have the flat, beautiful belly you have always dreamed of! I, too, went through a weight loss joureny and lost 35 pounds since last March (slow but sure). It became clear I would never be able to undo the damage of babies, gaining/losing etc. and am so glad I decided to do this for myself. I, too, didn't see my BB for so long, even after my weight loss and am having trouble getting used to how big it looks. I think it will shrink as swelling diminishes and I will get used to it. I am 50 (51 in Feb) and thinking I am too old to wear a bikini. I think my 13 year-old twins would be mortified to show up at the pool with me in a bikini. However, if things look as good as I am hoping they will,l I WILL go on VK with hubby where no one knows me and flaunt my stuff!! I think he would love that, since he never saw me in one ;)
I have three boys and I can tell you I am wearing a 2 piece this summer and I could care less if I mortify them.. and you shouldnt either!!!!!!

This is a great birthday present for you..