tt-with lipo of the flanks 2-24-12

I am 28 eight years old. I have 3 children ages 9,...

I am 28 eight years old. I have 3 children ages 9, 5 and 3. I had my first baby at 19 and gained about fifty something pounds. I have a small body frame with narrow hips so the the only way my tummy expanded was out. i really want a tummy tuck. Its been my dream ever since my first son was born. i just want my body back. I anm scared to death of having the procedure. My pain tolerence is not very high. i just keep thinking am i going to be able to handle the pain afterward. Is the pain bearable? Best of luck to everyone! I know how you guys feel:)

I have my date set for Jan 10, 2012. I am so...

I have my date set for Jan 10, 2012. I am so excited. My mom is going to stay with me for about a week. Do you think I will be able to take care of my children by myself after a week. My husband works during the day but will be home in the evening. Their ages are 9,5,and 4. I know I will be very nervous once the big day gets closer, but right now I am super excited.

My date was changed and now my new date is...

My date was changed and now my new date is february 24. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. Just so scared about the pain.

One week from tomorrow I will be getting my tt. I...

One week from tomorrow I will be getting my tt. I am so excited. Not as nervous as i thought i would be,but I'm sure that will all change once we get closer. Hope everyone is doing great!

I made it!! I had my tt with muscle repair and...

I made it!! I had my tt with muscle repair and lipo of the flanks yesterday. I feel pretty good got up to go to the bathroom by my self. I def would recommend the pain pump. It really helps a lot. I just have a lot of soreness and some burning. I also feel itchy all over. Did any of you get itchy? Can't wait till more time goes by. Happy healing:)_

Keep updating!!! I am really figuring this all out based on your story. ;-). So excited for you!!! Keep us informed.
Congratulations. It's all downhill from here. 2 weeks from now, you'll be so glad you did this, lol!
Hi kimmers! Im getting excited,but so many thoughts r going through my head. Like what if I don't wake up, why am I putting myself on this long road to recovery. I even thought of backing out, but I know I have to do this for myself.

How are you doing???   I bet you are getting super excited now!!

Is there anyone else around that you could schedule to help you out with the kids when your hubby goes back to work? A week is a pretty short amount of time to try to be recovered enough to take care of those little ones! I'm 11 days po with a 3 and 5 year old and can't imagine having to be in full time care of them at this point! Can you call in the troops and enlist a grandma? :)
Yes the cost is a little over 7000.00. She gave me a written quote of everything it covered. It even included to stay in the hospital over night. I think its a pretty good price.
Thanks for the info! This is something I really want to do I just hate thinking how expensive it is. Did they tell you what it was going to cost with a range? I actually had a nose job in 2009 and it cost a lot more than what was mentioned it would cost. I get nervous after that had happened.
Hi HM80! I know how you feel. I dread when the warm weather hits. Im so looking forward to wearing a two piece this year! I have a doctor I really like. Her name is Alexandrina Saulis. She is in Hinsdale.Her # is (630)920-9404. I love the fact that the hospital is Elmhurst. Ive heard lots of good things about it. Hope this helps! keep me posted:)
I too was pregnant all out in front and at 32 years old am embarrassed of my body. I actually get depressed when swimsuit season is near since I can only wear a one piece. Do you have any recommendations for me as far as doctors? I live in the area also and would love to have the surgery performed at the new Elmhurst hospital.
Hi red-hot! I'm in oak park. I'm having my surgery at elmhurst hospital. The days are flying by. I'm very excited but also nervous. I hope I will be able to keep up with my three kids after my mom leaves.I will keep u updated and keep me updated with your sugery as well.
Hey! I'm scheduled for feb29th! Where in chicago r u? I'm in the western burbs! So excited but very nerve wracking as well. It will be great:)

The pain is all temporary and you can do this!  You carried and delivered  three children so you can definitely do this.

In my book the tummy tuck recovery was much easier than the 29 hours of back labor and c-section I went through.

Hey everyone thankyou for all the advice. i really feel better about going through with it. Memphis226 i hope you have a fast and speedy recovery! keep us posted:)
Hey ! Don't be scared you can do it!!! I was told that it is similar to a c-section. I had never had one so I siked myself out not to expect pain. I had my TT done on 2/4/11 and I was more uncomfortable than in pain. My tolerance for pain is probably medium to high. The most painful part for me was getting my stitches removed today. (sounds crazy I know). I hope you don't let the fear of pain stop you it's REALLY worth it and I'm only a week post op and wouldn't change a thing. The only thing that threw me off was the inability to do even the smallest thing for myself like get out the bed. So make sure you have help afterwards. Good luck !!

Hi Mish and welcome to RealSelf!

I won't lie...this is a painful recovery but it is all temporary and with the proper pain meds it is totally manageable.  You had three children so you can definitely do this:)

Just keep reading up on the site and stay in touch with all of the women.  They will help you through and you will end up with the flat tummy you have wanted for so long.

It is all totally worth everything you go through so full speed ahead.

I hope you are able to join us for the webinar on February 15th.   It will be both educational and fun.

I look forward to reading your posts as you go through your process.  Please feel free to ask any questions that come to mind.

You made it through three deliveries and I'm sure you can make it through this! I've heard a lot of women mention a pain pump as being great for the first few days after surgery.

When is your surgery scheduled for?

If no one has contacted you about it yet, on February 15th, I'm hosting a FREE webinar all about tummy tucks wherein you can listen, learn and ask questions from plastic surgeon Dr. Elizabeth Lee, and tummy tuck recipients and RealSelf users Kimmers25 and JenBob.I thought it might be comforting and informative for you to learn more about the procedure, recovery, etc. Kimmers and JenBob in particular have great tips.

The link to sign up is here.

We're expecting all 100 slots to fill, so reserve your space now if you think you can make it!