Last Step on Weight Loss Journey! - Chicago, IL

Hi RealSelf! My name is Megan, I'm 22 years...

Hi RealSelf! My name is Megan, I'm 22 years old and have been on a weight loss journey for the past 5 years.

I started Jenny Craig my junior year of high school (2006) and with the success of their diet and joining track and field, I ended up losing 110 lbs by 2009.

I am now extremely active- I run 5ks and do tower climbs in my hometown of Chicago. There is just one problem- looking at my body, you would never know I work so hard. My stomach became a major problem and causes me pain during workouts and is an embarrassment. I'm tired of wearing layers to cover up my stomach!

I'm really confident with the PS I chose and I'm very nervous for the procedure but I cannot imagine how I'm going to look without the awkward loose skin.

19 days and counting!!!

2 weeks and counting! I cannot process how close...

2 weeks and counting! I cannot process how close it is! I look at my body and cannot imagine what I will look like without my belly.. I'm so excited!

Thank you to everyone on here who have posted about their experiences, its helping me feel a lot more ready and prepared!

I uploaded a before and after picture of my weight loss so you can get an idea of how much I've lost/ how much skin needs to be removed.

"Believe in the power of your dreams"

The picture you posted is great because sometimes words don't give people an accurate idea of just how much you've changed. I wish I had a picture of my old fat self to post, but honestly I made sure that non existed. Now I wish I had just one to show my progress. I'm excited for you and it should be an easy and rapid recovery. we've a very similar story.
Thanks so much! How is your recovery going? What are your top pointers??
Everyone's recovery is very individual and unique to their situation but if I had to give a few pointers:
-Get some allergy medications to help with the itching that can occur with pain meds. I itch like crazy, so anti-histamines saved me!
-be prepared for downtime. This is literally the hardest part if you are normally very active. I was going crazy.
-Just relax! It was so easy pain wise. The hardest part is following post-op instructions to limit activity and keep the binder on. Don't worry about post-op pain or complications. You'll be fine. You're young and very fit.
-Time will FLY! Before you know it things will be back to normal (except that you'll finally have a tummy that matches the rest of your body)
-Listen to your body. It will let you know as it heals and is ready to start doing things again.
My recovery is going very well. Have started working out again and I can certainly tell that I have lost some strength. That's alright though, it will come back. I ran today and it felt wonderful.Now I'm just keeping an eye on my scar and waiting for it to lighten up. We'll see what happens with that. I love having my flat tummy!!! LOVE IT! When I look at the flabby belly pictures it doesn't even seem like that used to be me.
Let me make one more point- I did NOT have my muscles tightened and that results in significantly less pain. I'm not sure whether or not you are having that done.
Thanks Kelly- that was a big help! I found a friend on here having surgery the same week as me, so we can compare notes, but its so nice to have someone our age who has been through it to tell us what to expect! You look GREAT and I can only hope my stomach looks as good as yours! We didn't go over if I need muscles tightened yet, but I have pre-op Wednesday so I'm sure I will find out then!

Keep in touch, I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you with more questions!! :)
WOW - what an incredible achievement - your after photo is amazing - well done you!! Wait until after your surgery, you will feel like a new woman xx
Thank you so much! I'm greatly anticipating surgery but I'm still a bit nervous. I hope I look like a new woman!! :)
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that we have a great group of girls on the Forum page and I'd love for you to join us. Check for the sticky at the top of the forum page for December Tummy Tuckers. You can find a lot of support there and several other gals that are going through the same thing. :)
Thank you, that sounds great! I'm nervous for surgery so I want to talk to some ladies getting ready for the same thing!
Well done in taking the plunge and booking your surgery! It's completely normal to be nervous but I'm sure you won't regret it! (And I totally understand the whole wearing 'layers' thing) You'll find lots of lovely ladies here who have a wealth of brilliant info and experiences to share :) this site has been ssooo helpful! Best of luck, will be thinking of you and can't wait to see your results!
Thank you so much! I joined because I knew I would find some comfort here! Have you already received your surgery?
Hi,yeah, I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation on August 5th this year - and I couldn't be happier! I had an amazing surgeon too and it's been nearly 4 months now - it has gone so fast but I don't regret a single decision!!
Hi Candyland89, congrats on your weight loss! I've lost 54 pounds so far but the last 10 just do not want to leave me! Lol! Congrats on deciding to get your surgery, mine is scheduled for the 6th of this month so we will have our surgeries around the same time. :)
Thank you so much! Losing weight takes a lot of patience and dedication so congratulations on your 54 lb loss!! I'm excited for our surgeries but I'm a little nervous. We're here for each other though :) Keep me posted!
omg chica GOD SPEED your gorgeous! even wit the overly-obese PRIOR body your gorgeous face and so cute and i love your energy through your words now and i think your 1 word,and that is BELLA.god bless u chia, i can't wait 8 weeks to go for me,as i am ready! keep us posted chica ok candy?
adios!