Very Pleased - Chicago, IL

I had my second round of Ulthera a week ago (lower...

I had my second round of Ulthera a week ago (lower face and neck). I can't say that I got dramatic results from the first round, but the results were good enough that I wanted to do more. I did not see immediate results with the first round. Actually, I didn't really see results until pretty close to the three month mark. I noticed some skin tightening, but I really noticed a nice overall improvement in my complexion...better skin tone, fewer wrinkles, more even color.

With the second treatment I noticed more immediate improvement in terms of skin tightening but I think some of it may be swelling so I am reserving judgement for at least a month. But overall my skin looks really good - very healthy.

I'm almost 60 years old. I've used fillers and botox before, but I am actually more pleased with the Ulthera results. I had my first treatment in March and my second at the end of July, and if things continue to go well I may try again at the end of the year.

Ritacca Laser Center

The treatment was not performed by a doctor, but rather one of the staff.

Not sure how to update my original review so I will comment here. It has been 4 months since my second Ulthera treatment and I am totally sold. As with the first treatment, I didn't really notice much change until about the middle of month 3. In fact, I think my skin maybe even looked worse during months one and two following the treatment, but then something seemed to kick in and my skin looked firmer all over. Obvious areas of improvement were my jaw line and the droop around the corners of my mouth. I will need much less botox and filler to make minor changes at this point. I will definitely repeat the procedure in a year.

Hi pk,

Your update is so important to the community. Sometimes people forget to come back and let the community know how things went for them. We'd love to see pictures!

-Britt

Thank you so much for your reply. I greatly appreciate the information!
I'm glad to hear you were happy with the Ultherapy.
May I ask who the doctor was that performed your procedure. I live in Chicago and have been considering this, but it's hard to know which doctor to go to.
The clinic I used was in Vernon Hills, Illinois. They did a pretty thorough consultation prior to the treatment - I think mostly to make sure I had reasonable expectations. I have had other procedures done there so I was fairly familiar with the staff and knew that they had been doing Ulthera for a while.

I think a consultation is really important because most people have lots of questions (expected results, pain during treatment, longevity of results, etc)and it does seem that the procedure varies quite a bit - especially price and pain management. Included in the cost of my treatment was a one month follow up visit for pictures and a three month follow up visit that included a "touch up" using the SkinTyte laser.

Hi chicagoskyline,

Did you ever end up having Ultherapy?

-Britt

Really wow! I so wish I had a friend or knew someone directly. Plus all the before and after pictures are of the same people. How can I feel confident to proceed with this??

thankyou for the positive feedback, keep it coming!!!!

a-
Sorry, I'm not willing to post pictures, but perhaps the doctor or clinic you are considering for your treatment would be able to show you some real before and after pictures, or even put you in contact with someone that had the procedure. I also think that since Ulthera is pretty new you are likely to see a number of modifications to the procedure in the future. In the four months between my two procedures there was a new attachement that became available for treating the upper lip area. I personally think this is a big deal because there is so little available for fixing upper lip lines.

I want to try ultherapy and don't know a good doctor. Yoy seemed very pleased with your results; what doctor did you use. thank you

Hi msdee,

Did you end up trying Ultherapy?

HI PK,

I'm glad the second time around worked so well for you. We'd love to see pictures and keep us updated if you go back again.

Thanks so much!