Mommy makeover - Chicago, IL

I have finally decided to go through with this...

I have finally decided to go through with this procedure after YEARS of contemplating and saving! I began my journey back in 2009 looking for surgeons that were reasonably priced. Now here I am five years later in the same boat with more issues now than back then. I plan on having my surgery scheduled for late February. I have one more consultation before I finalize my plans.
Good luck!

YUCK

This is so embarassing!

Thunder Thighs

The husband doesn't feel that I need this area done, however....
Any mom with twins deserves the body she wants!!! good luck on your sx!! please keep us posted xoxo
I think your legs look great! I am a mom to twins too (I'm assuming you are as with your username ☺) Good luck on your journey!!!
Thanx so much. Its hard to be enthusiastic about this surgery when some people tell you that you are being lazy and that you should just work out... I am really glad that I've found this site.

Consult number 3

I went for a 2nd consult last week and was VERY DISAPPOINTED! I had a consultation with this PS five years ago and at the time I thought that he was a good option. He had done surgery on a nurse friend of mine and she said that he was great. In 2009 when I saw him, I thought the same thing- soooo not the case now. Beside manner was rather cold and he didn't give much information. Needless to say he is in the no pile and I am now looking forward to my consult #3. Here are a few more pics of my soon to be gone nightmare.

Looking forward to seeing my VaJayJay again! ;-)

So I haven't seen my vag since sometime early 2007.... I am a 38 year old mother of 4, the last two being a set of twin boys born summer of 2007. I have a 18yr old daughter with the perfect body... similar to the one I used to own- and a 15yr old son. After the birth of my daughter 18yrs ago, my body rebounded easily, not so easily after the 2nd pregnancy, but I still managed to look normal. I was always a small person- 5'0'' weight ranged between 145-155 prior to the twins. I was 210 at delivery and afterward I yo-yo'd between 160-170. My BMI is on the higher side so I am going to work out prior to surgery in hopes of getting my weight down to the 150's. Does anyone have any workout tips?
Are you still doing your surgery with Dr. Geldner? If so, $20k the procedural fee?
I am still trying to decide if I am going to choose Dr Geldner or Dr Shifrin. Dr Geldner is asking for 20k for TT, vaser lipo of bra roll/back/flank and inner thigh area. That fee covers his fee and the surgi-center. Dr Shifrin is only asking for 8.5k for flank/back lipo and TT. So I'm not really sure what to do.....
That's a large price difference! However, Dr. Shifrin's price are more in the average ball park for this type of procedure. I'm scheduled for my mommy makeover on Feb. 20th, my price included hourglass tummy tuck with muscle repair, liposuction of the entire back, lipo to flanks, upper and lower abdomen, and fat transfer to the outer hips for $13,000 (this includes an mandatory overnight hospital stay, O.R. fee, anesthesia, insurance, and garments). Texas has no limits on the amount of fat removal. Therefore, aggressive lipo is done w/O hesitation. I desperately need it. Even if it meant traveling nearly 1500 miles away from home.

Another Consultation

I met with Dr David Shifrin on Monday. I had never considered getting my breasts done because I've never really had a problem with by boobies- my husband loves them and would die if I changed my 38 dd's. Dr Shifrin said that I would be the perfect candidate for a lift.... Not sure if I'm willing to go that far. But a new development has come into play. I had become obsessed with looking at big ol booties on realself from the girls who had bbl's done. Now I want one too! My husband said that I don't need any work done, but he wasn't very welcoming to the idea of me getting a bbl. Well I sort of pressed the issue and now he says that it's my body and ultimately my decision and that he would support whatever I decided to do. So now I'm awaitiing a call back from Dr Shifrin's ofc to see how much all of this work is gonna cost. In the meantime I've begun working on changing my eating habits and adding fitness to my daily routine. Hopefully I'll get at least 10 lbs off before I have surgery. Funny thing tho, only one surgeon out of the 3 I consulted with said that he wouldn't be able to flatten my stomach. Shifrin said he could knock me down like 4 dress sizes...WOW! BY THE WAY
Good luck with your surgery on Thursday and can't wait to see your results! So exciting...happy healing hun :)
Twins wrecked my body too :-) Good luck to you!!!

New Mommy on the Horizon!! TT, BREAST LIFT, & BBL

The biggest draw back for me is my husband. One minute he says that I should'nt get it because he is concerned about my health and the next minute he says it's your body do whatever you want. I am a 38 year old mother of 4.5 children, an 18 year old daughter, 15 year old son, a 13 year old step daughter, and 6 year old twin boys. The twins were the ones who did me in.

I am so looking forward to getting this surgery done. I feel very apprehensive at times, however there is nothing that is gonna stop me, God willing.
Sending (((good vibes for healing))) stay ahead of the pain...can't wait to hear how your doing. ((Hugs)) LiveLiveBelieve

Today is the day!!!!!

Getting ready to hit the road headed to the surgery center!

Made it to the flat side!!

I'm really exhausted ... Pain level at 6. Too tired to post a real update... Maybe 2mar?
Congrats & happy healing! I'm looking forward to seeing your results since we have similar body types.
You are looking amazing! Focus on resting. Trust me. I'm still in the recovery stage myself (14 days po) so take it easy.
Thanx so much!

Still can't believe I got this done!

I've been walking every 2 hours or so. Still feeling exhausted but I have an awesome support team, which helps tremendously. My daughter pointed out that I had some swelling on my right side. Hopefully it's nothing since my drains have a steady output. I'll call Dr Shifrin to be on the safe side.
Thank you!
Thanx! I'm managing the pain, which is most lay my drain sites. I sure do appreciate the ((( good vibes))

Day 4

Day 5

Friday 2/7 was my surgical follow up & only one of those pesky drains were removed along with the pain pump. Hopefully the remaining drain comes out soon!

NOT A GOOD DAY

I woke up Saturday morning after having the pain pump discontinued and DAMN! In my Kevin Hart voice "I wasn't ready!"
It was hard to do anything without having severe abdominal muscle spasms! My PS called in a RX for flexeril and it did help considerably

Sunday day 6 post op

Taking ibuprofen and muscle relaxers to manage the discomfort, otherwise an uneventful day
He did a great job! Did he do your back as well? Because it looks like he did.
Thanks! He did lipoabdominoplasty and lipo of the flank area as well.
I just looked at your profile and it seems as though you are considering going to the DR to get your work done. I'm not gonna try and convince anyone to get work done here or there, but I have heard one too many horror stories. That being said, if you do still go out of the country, try and find a board certified PS close to where you live for aftercare---before you leave. Good luck!

6 weeks- that corset tho....

I have started "waist training " to define my waist. I'm only two days in so far. My measurement started out at 35 for my waist. Hopefully I can get it down. I'll measure again at about eight week post op mark.
Get it Girl! Marvelous* Go right ahead and train it Hun but it's already tiny. Loving your transformation. Best wishes on a smooth recovery.
Ur surgeon did a great job
Work it! WORK IT!!! YOU LOOOK REALLLLLLY GREAT!!!!! He did a great job.... Have a question with the BBL and TT how do you sleep? I've thought about getting those two...but I'm not sure if I can swing the price though but I'm going back to my PS next wk to see what he says....in the mean time Im trying to lose weight so I can have some good results however my PS did not tell me...My co-worker is much larger x3 than me...and he got her so flat it doesnt make any sense...but again ma'am you rocking that figure!!! BTW- where did you get your waist training corset from?

Another post op visit today

Going to Dr Shifrin for my "1 month" check up... Even tho I'm almost 7 weeks. Nothing to really report tho. Just a formality. This is a pic of me without the corset for a few hours.

More pics

Great results!!!
You look amazing!!! Congrats!!!
Wow..he did a great job..

B4 & after

Amazing results... Congrats and happy healing!!
Girl now every time I see your stat....I just smile..and now thats a BAD CHIC!!!!...YOU GO GIRL!!! LOVE the side by side!!!!! Dang I love your results.....
You look great!

Vacation

You look amazing! Congratulations!! Dr. S is my doc too! It was nice to find a doc in Chi that would go a little more extreme (like Miami and Dominican Rep), right?! Your transformation is remarkable!!!!
Thanks chicaLa!
Thanx hunty!

New Wardrobe???

There is no question that I need a new wardrobe. The thing that I did not consider was that I should have included that in the total price for everything. I need new bras, underwear, pants, shirts, and scrubs! I know Dr Shifrin said that I was gonna go down like four dress sizes, but I really didn't anticipate it to be like this. I am now 154 lbs- down a whopping 21lbs from my pre-op weight of 175. I can honestly say that I haven't felt this great and looked this confident in years. I constantly get the side eye from some co-workers. A few say "wow you look great" or "How'd you do it?" I usually say that I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and needed a lifestyle change- which is very true- just not the whole truth. Those who matter know, and those who don't can just keep guessing. I have also noticed that my husband is starting to get super irritated with all the extra attention that I am getting from random men while we are out and about. That reason alone might be why he doesn't want me to get a BBL.....
You look great. DR SHIFRIN is the MAN!! So happy for you and God bless you
I love you girl You look great Always an inspiration :) Thanks for the $!
So welcome, hunny! Love you too!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon