Mama's Going to Have a New Belly!!! - Chicago, IL

I am 13 days away from my procedure and counting...

I am 13 days away from my procedure and counting :) So much to do before it happens, I feel like I'm in nesting mode all over again :)
Not going to lie, I'm nervous...in all ways...but it's the right thing for me, don't know why I didn't think to do this sooner. Any positive advice/precautions that I should take would be so appreciated :)
Oh! And if anyone out there could compare, how is the recovery as compared to a c-section. I had 3 and only took motrin at the end of the night here and there to help with the dull aching. I prefer natural healing but I'm not so sure the TT will allow for that. How is this procedure/recovery in comparison? Do tell, do tell!!! :)

How do I break the news?

So, need a little help on this one...I have a 10, 8 and 6 year old all of which do not know what is about to happen. I'm planning on telling them soon, but not too soon...I don't want to frighten them. Question is...what do I say? I don't want to tell them the specifics, but I need to let them know I'm going to be down and out and not so much the mom they know for a little while. Any suggestions??

Dear Whynotme?

Here are the photos for you to see...23 days post op...swelling on the lower abdomen and upper midline.

Day 30 post op

Doing well, feeling fantastic!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

So far so good!!! A friend of mine who had work done highly recommended Dr. Geldner. I got that warm and fuzzy the first time I met him:) Dr. Geldner took 2.5 hours of his time (free consult) to really inform me on the procedure and all of the concerns that go along with a TT, as well as answer my list of a thousand questions. His office staff and Nurse assistant were all very cheery and warm. I know this is who I was meant to find :)