I Hate my Nose....would You Recommend Surgery for Me? -Chicago, IL

I absolutely hate my nose from the front! It's...

I absolutely hate my nose from the front! It's crooked from getting elbowed in basketball and it really brings me down...I like it from the side but not the front. I have an idea of what I want but don't know how to explain it...
I feel that through his reviews he knows what he's doing and he is close to me and that makes it alot easier on the travel expenses.

David A. Ross, MD

I do think your nose is off center, though it's hard to tell from your photos because of the tilt of your head. Only you can decide if warrants a rhinoplasty, since you are already very pretty. Good luck to you in your decision-making.
Thank you for your comment! I appreciate it and hopefully I'll figure everything out soon :)
I also just realized I have the same tilt in both pics -_-
Lol, you should not get a rhinoplasty. I don't see crookedness, and the tip is cute. It would be too risky for you to endure rhiniplasty with a lot to lose. A good plastic surgeon will tell you the same thing.
Thank You :) I appreciate your comment! I don't mind my nose from the side It's just my view from the front...
Do yourself a favor leave your nose alone. Rhinoplasty is not what its cracked out to be. Read information about the procedure and its long term outcomes and the rate of revisions. Unless you had an accident or a huge nose rhinoplasty is not something I would recommend. It is the most unpredictable surgery you will ever go through and your nose changes for years to come after the procedure. You don't really know the true outcome until years and years ahead. Its the scariest thing to have done to yourself without the real need. You are beautiful and your nose fits you I think it would be a mistake to touch it. Sorry to be the downer. You just don't have anything wrong with your nose to hate it the way that you do. We need to appreciate what we were born with and realize that altering things like our faces doesn't always provide good outcome.
Thank you for writing that! It does make sense and I see what your saying....it is true procedures seem so much easier than they truly are! Of course it's just a possibility that I may never go through but the feedback does help! Thannk you again
I think your nose is very cute and I don't see the crookedness at all! I think if you had a consultation, an honest surgeon would advise you against it.
Thank you :) I appreciate it! I guess a free consultation never hurts tho
I do not see your nose going crooked whatsoever! I think you have a nice transition from your bridge to your tip and good cemetery. I also like the tip of your nose.... I think a rounder nose tip can most often be more attractive than a pointy or thinned out one. Your nose completely suits your face. It is ultimately your choice if you are unhappy with it, but just some advice from a stranger, you are pretty already and your nose does not stand out/ is not the first thing I notice on your face. Keep us posted on what you decide!
Lol thank you for taking the time to comment :) I appreciate it! It does help and it's just a decision I may do in a few years if I'm still hating it and have the money.
The photos really make it hard to tell what you're even concerned about. A non-angled straight on shot with profiles from either side would allow for better evaluations. That said, you should keep in mind that after a rhinoplasty, you could be swollen for a year. With as little difference as it seems (at least from these photos) that you'd get, I would think it's probably not worth it. But, if it's really bothering you, do it. Just keep in mind that you'll probably be more unhappy with your appearance than you are now (and you really look pretty great right now) for at least a year if you opt for surgery.
I will definitely keep that in mind! Thank you for the post :)

I think you're a beauty right now. How old are you?

Thank you It really means alot! And I'm 21 now but ideally if I got anything it would be in 2 years or more.
You are beautiful! Personally and honestly I don't see anything wrong with your nose. But if you hate it and have for a long time then I say go for it . Just make sure you do lots of research and maybe don't change it too much. Good luck and I hope the best for you!
Thank you! I've been doing some research but I definitely need to do more with all the information everyone has given me! :)
If you hate your nose then I would say go for it. How long has it been bothering you? If it has for a long time, then it probably will continue to do so. Personally idk if I would risk surgery if I was you because I think it's not 'bad enough'. Ppl told me the same thing though and I still went through with it. You really just need to weigh the risk vs the reward. You came to a great place for advice! Good luck!
thank you for the reply! it has been bothering me for like 4-5 years now..maybe even longer I'm sure. and everyone always says it looks fine and that I don't need it but maybe I see it differently than other people. Were you satisfied with your results? thank you!
Yeah mine bothered me for years as well. It doesn't just go away,which sucks, so I knew I would have to get surgery at some point. People are going to tell you that it looks good because they don't have the same insecurity as you. I am satisfied so far! It looks like it will turn out well; I get my cast off on Monday.
How did it go for You through the post-opp? I heard its painful...but how are you liking it without the cast! I guess I've been the type to just say do what makes you happy and I'm not saying I'd get it done tomorrow but it's a consideration in the future! I hope it went great for you! Thanks for the comment