UNHAPPY With Veneers - Chicago, IL

Very unhappy with the results, I had upper 6 done...

Very unhappy with the results, I had upper 6 done 2 weeks a go It's the 2nd time and still didn't get the look I want, I asked him if I have to pay more i do not mind you only get this done once in your lifetime I wanted done right.

I am so confused, Not sure if these are even Veneers so inexpensive for 6. My own smile looked a lot better and natural. These are bulky not white like he said they would be and spaces in between the tooth.

Called office left a massage to go back and haven't heard back.

He had done bonding previously, had him for 10 years my own Dentist

That's very inexpensive for veneers. I've paid about $12,000. I wish I could tell you veneers last a lifetime, but they really don't. They tarnish, change and recede at the gum lines after 5-years. Most veneers have to be replaced after 10 years. I'm on my second set and the biggest most regrettable decision of my life! If you're concerned about the black triangles, the gum will eventually grow back into these areas.
i feel u i had 3 times veneers and still don't look good im going crazy i need a celebrity dentist any recommendation ?
If your willing to travel to Las Vegas, the absolute best cosmetic dentist is here, View my other post to see his info.
I did he is really amazing I like his work I'm deff going to Vegas to re do it again for the 4th time hope he still can do it
Call him up , His name is DR white lol, yes he will give you what you are looking for!
Thanks jimy l will give him a call
That was a low price, did he show you others before you did the procedure? Really good veneers and good dentists charge anywhere from $900-$1700 per tooth, and Hollywood dentists charge even more, alot more!
Ok fist time I did it they were amazing as a design wise very natural and detailed but the color wasn't white it was pretty much like my old original teeth like creamy white , been done in Thailand and then I redo it again after few years in Dubai and they made them very white and look like fake and no details hated them and redid it again In Dubai also after 2 months with another dentist and they still messed up they show me before and after pics by different dentist I think and they lied to me however how did u find Ur dentist anyways ?
You only paid $1,400 for 6 teeth!! Mine were about $1,000 each...so yes, there is something wrong in the pricing...and not sure what you got. I guess it makes sense for us to ask what type of veneers are being placed on our teeth when having them done.
They should look more natural than that
I would get a second opinion, they look like bubble teeth. Like you might see in a cartoon.
please provide the dentists name. thanks. i think your teeth look great too but if you're unhappy with the results and the dentist isn't trying to make you happy, i'd at least post his name so ppl will avoid him if his customer service is as bad as it sounds.
Does your dentist have training to do cosmetic work? I honestly wouldn't pay another penny to him. If he said these look good and cemented them then he doesn't know any better. The lab he uses is probably not that good either. These looked like some sort of pressed ceramic work with very little artistry. The veneers are bulking and they lack transparency and they do not look anything like your natural teeth or shade. I also question the dental lab's work because you point out how a tooth is crooked and the gaps...as well it looks like your central's smile line is off. I'd try to get a refund (but highly doubt that's going to be possible) and find a cosmetic dentist that knows what he's doing.
I'm sorry. This has made me really check out and ask a lot of questions.
I think your teeth look great...I have a few veneers and they are very bulky but not much I can do, I dont even notice the spaces in your teeth until you point them out.
I paid $1200+ per tooth
My Dentist charges $1,200 per tooth also, he said he gave me a big discount from what I have to pay out of my pocket and some of the work he's doing the insurance is paying... don't know how he is claiming it this is cosmetic the insurance usually don't pay for cosmetic.

where are you located?

That does seem like a really inexpensive price for veneers. Did the dentist "prep" your teeth (shave them down) before placing the veneers?

Hello Megan- Thank you for replying to my comment above, Yes, he did prep and shave them down, I'm going back to talk to him, Ive heard that its really hard to remove veneers do you know anything about that? also you could damage the root of your teeth, don't know if that's true. I'm really concerned he's been my dentist for 10 years and he was the one to recommend veneers and I said sure thinking my smile will change dramatically but it didn't. I think I look worst then before. Any idea what I should do? I'm thinking to go get second opinion but I don't know if any of the dentist would want to do any work with me after I remove the one I have now. Thanks again!! Hope

Hi Hope,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.

Here is a Q&A that will help answer your questions about replacing the veneers:

How Do Dental Veneers Get Replaced?

I would definitely encourage you to get a second opinion. It certainly wouldn't hurt to hear another dentist's take on what can be done.