My Nostrils Are Still Way Too out ---After Rhinoplasty .Well It Look Better After Time ? - Chicago, IL

Well, I had surgery on the 12th of August and just...

Well, I had surgery on the 12th of August and just got the splint of on Friday of last week, the 17th , Its been 12 days since the surgery and the nostrils look too much out They did before I got surgery, although it does look less smaller. :/

am going through so much pain and doubt and irritation that I never want to go through it again. I'm feeling very upset right now, but I'm wondering if I'm being silly...will it change much? Is it just swelling? I'm still a little bruised.

Help! Feeling very insecure and upset about wasting not only money, but also going through so much pain to undergo something that might very well have been in vain. :(

will my nostrils go in more when the tip drops and the swelling does done .
I'm also considering chin implants to make my nose look smaller .

This was my nose before I had the surgery

It's was a lot wider .

It's be 15 days after my surgery .

The Nostrils are still out . But not as much . I hope when the tip drops the nostrils will go in more .

It's been 26 days since the surgery .

For some reason my nose looks bigger .

I'm very unhappy with my nose .

I might have to look at getting a revision this summer .If its doesn't look like the way it did . After the surgery .The Doctors I would go with would probably be Dr. Ghavami or Dr .kim . In LA .

If you look at other pictures you can see that my nose is getting bigger .and changing everyday

Does anyone know any good surgeons in colombia?

I'm going to be visiting a friend in colombia to get out this cold weather
I'm thinking about getting a Brazilian butt lift .while I'm out there .And breast implant .I might get the breast implants
done in Florida .since I cant do both producers at once .But I rather have the butt lifted done in colombia .
not ready to share

My doctor was Dr. David Ross . His office is downtown Chicago .

did u go to anil shah?
I've heard thick skin can take a year to 18 mths to see the final results. I am sure your nose will continue to change. You should definitley wait it out a bit to see what happens before you get a revision!! Good luck!!
The profile is not bad but the tip might need revision.
Yeah I think you're right . I'm going to start looking at surgeons . I just want a nose I can look at in mirror and be happy with . Everyday.
if you get a revision go to someone whose done tons of revisions dont go to someone whose known for their primaries
Good idea thanks .
I think your nose looks great on you! Don't be too hard on yourself.
Hi, I'm one year post surgery, my surgeon says it takes 18 months for your nose to settle in its final state so please stop worrying. I went through lots of doubts too but now one year on I am content with my nose. Its amazing how you will notice the small changes as time goes on.
That's true. Thanks girl.
you are looking fantastic! 15 days is too early to judge, but you're doing so well and It's been just a few weeks!
Hey hon, I think you're still just swollen. No worries! Looking good so far :)
Thank you !

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! It sounds like you're getting some good support here. :)

Here's what some doctors have to say about swelling after rhinoplasty.

Please keep us posted on how you continue to heal.

Thanks ! Girl . This was really helpful .
I had a procedure on July 30 and agree with you, especially at the 12 day mark. Ill be honest I looked horrible up until about one week ago (3 weeks post op) my nose has now just started to subside in swelling and my nostrils which were brought in are moving more narrow. Be patient it will get much better
Thank you , I was already considering getting it re-done . But I'm going to wait and see how it turns out . Thanks you .
I would give it more time and take photos every week to see the change. Thanks 4 sharing.
you need to give it some more time, from my experience the nose grows the first few days directly after rhinoplasty and then very very gradually deflates. I think you nostrils might be looking more wider nose because your nose is more swollen.
Thanks , this really helped a lot.