Just Can't Wait to Shake This Anxiety - Chicago, IL

Hello everyone! I would like to let you guys know...

Hello everyone! I would like to let you guys know that I do myself suffer from HH and I've been suffering for about 17 years.....I would rate the embarrassment a 10 on a flat scale of 1 and 10.....I have tried numerous of treatments like every one else... I've also sought after the surgery which didn't go through... the day of my HH surgery was the most exciting day of my life. I went in with a positive attitude with no anxiety.... as I went in the operating room I knew I would wake up a changed person with no sweat......to my surprise I woke up to all type of doctors, I knew there was bad news.

My nursefirst told me....." well hunny we weren't able to complete the surgery" I asked y, then she said I will let the dr tell you.. the first thought that came to mind was my insurance didn't cover it so they stopped....ooo no it was bigger. He said u know your left lung has no use and it has a mass the size of a golf ball.... my heart dropped and I just knew that there was no hope for me..I was then diagnosed with a curable lung cancer...so I thought if I take care of this problem that I would possibly qualify for the surgery again.....huumm well I didn't.

So one day I was talking to my Dr. at northwestern hospital and he recommended microwave treatment...and now I'm going to get my first treatment tomorrow and I hope it go well...I'm a little scared but it's nothing major. I've talked to Stephanie at Chicago Dermatology and Cosmetics and I know I'll be fine. All of the stories motivated me. I want to be able to be normal and dress like all the girls on tv and at school with no blazers, hoodies, and other cover ups. My one and only worry is probably having to have more then 2 treatments because I'm African American and our skin it's said to be thicker then any other race....but I'm smaller built 5'3 140lbs... please wish me luck.well be updating you guys soon

So today April 15, 2013. I had my procedure done....

So today April 15, 2013. I had my procedure done. I went at 1 and was done by 2... I'm not sure if I'm at 50-90%...the procedure went smooth and the only uncomfortable part was the shots. I got 45 shots in each arm, after the 20th shot the little bee stings went away. Stephanie made me feel really comfortable.. I hope this was worth it... I feel little pain and I have small chestnuts under my arm pits.

So today April 15, 2013. I had my procedure done....

So it's been 3 days since my procedure and I...

So it's been 3 days since my procedure and I haven't seen any signs of sweat...I'm in no type of pain, almost to the point I woke up to go work out, then I realized I had my treatments 3 days ago... I do look forward to my 2nd treatment in 3 to 4 months to make sure I'll be dry for a while...yaaaayyy. Oan my swollen arm pits have deflated greatly. I'm on my way shopping ttyl
Stephanie

From other users on this site..

Yes Suzy3310 it helps with smell.... my sweating actually came back ughhh but the smell has not. My PA did earn me that it may come back and by me being African American I may need 3 treat ments since our skin is thicker. Hopefully after the 2nd treatment I'll be satisfied

Plz can someone tell me if it work on smell too,, I'm not sweating too much but sorry it smell I wanna do something help me

Suzy3310, another community member I'mproudofmyaccent, asked this Q&A that might be helpful to you:

Miradry for Severe Bromhidrosis?

It totally helped me with smell. I am done with both treatments and I don't have hardly ANY smell even if I wear no deodorant for a day or two. I am extremely happy with my results.
How bout the sweating
I have almost no sweating. I would say, at this point, that my sweating is reduction has increased to about 90-95%. It has been extremely hot and humid in the midwest lately and even on those hottest days when I touch my armpit there is literally no sweating. I am loving this!
Hi Suzy3310, I suffered from HH and severe bromhidrosis and had 2 miraDry procedures done. The first treatment took away the smell 100% and most of the sweating. The procedure eradicates the sweat glands, and the "smelly" glands are located in the same area as the "sweat" glands. Having suffered from HH and smell myself, I know how uncomfortable you must feel and I would highly recommend the miraDry procedure. Good luck to you and keep us all posted : )
Wow that is crazy that you had curable lung cancer and the way they found it. I am glad you are ok now. I am going for my second procedure in 2 days. Right now I would say that I personally have about 40-50% sweating reduction (not too great) so I am really hoping this second procedure does it for me.
I have still some moistness but it's way less then before...hopefully on my next treatment I be ay 95% . I'm at about 70% now... I pray your last treatment do it for your satisfaction. Please keep us updated

Oh my gosh, what a frightening experience it must have been to be told you have lung cancer! Thank goodness they found it, and even more so that it was treatable!!

I'm so glad you will get to try MiraDry and I will be hoping it goes wonderfully for you. Looking forward to your updates!!