Operation Bye Bye Boobies Has Begun! - Chicago, IL

I am a 25 year old young woman who has always had...

I am a 25 year old young woman who has always had large breasts. In high school I was a C-D cup and now I am a 32F (wearing a 36DDD because it's the closest size I can buy at the store that fits halfway okay). It is almost impossible to find bras that fit my tiny frame and large boobies! I've gained almost 30 pounds in the last year due to my boobs being so heavy that it's extremely uncomfortable to work out. I'm 4'11 and I weigh about 123 pounds soaking wet. I've done dance and gymnastics since I was 8, so I've always been pretty self-conscious about having big breasts when none of my team members did. I've always been in really good shape and have been really happy with the shape of everything, but my large boobs. I stopped doing dance and gymnastics a few years ago because my boobs made it almost impossible to do anything without hurting myself or having a boob pop out, lol.

I've always thought about having a breast reduction for many years, but knew I couldn't afford it and was afraid that they would get bigger after having children. I have been having so much pain in these last few months that I have to constantly take pain meds EVERYDAY, I can no longer sleep on my stomach because my breasts are so sore, I can't exercise the way I used to, and I get bra strap digging in my shoulders and nasty rashes between and under my boobs. Ugh!

I went to see my primary doctor May 3rd complaining of really bad breast, back, and shoulder pain expecting her to prescribe some stronger pain killers. She examined my breasts and asked if I had ever considered a BR and I explained how I didn't ever think I could afford one or get the insurance company to approve one. Luckily she has been my doctor for 13 years so she has heard me complain on quite a few occasions about my boobs, lol. She immediately wrote a referral and said that there was a really great PS on the very next floor of the building! My primary doctor said that she would write up some really extreme documentation for the PS and write what ever she needed to, to help me get approved.

I went upstairs and scheduled a consultation with the PS for that very next Monday. Did I mention that the PS, Dr. Peter's looks amazing?! lol. Fast forward to my consultation on May 7th, it went great! The entire staff was extremely nice. Dr. Peter's measured my breasts, explained the procedure, and answered every single question that my boyfriend and I had. I did not have any documentation from chiropractors, pt's, or anyone because I had a lapse in insurance for a few years and couldn't afford to pay out of pocket. I figured the insurance company would make me complete the pt and chiropractor visits before even considering to approve me. Dr. Peter's said that I was such a great candidate for the surgery that she was going to send in a request with just her documentation, my primary's, and the photos and she would be shocked if I wasn't approved. She also said that my breast were very nice and full, just too large for my frame, lol.

I checked the mailbox everyday, for 10 days before I got a call from the PS saying that I had been approved!!! I scheduled my Post-op for May 29th and made it very clear during the visit that I wanted my breasts to be small for my size (B cup if possible). My surgery is scheduled for June 8th and I can hardly wait! I don't even remember what it feels like to be pain free anymore! Less pain and smaller boobies are so close and I've been reading everything possible about how to prepare for surgery. I am so excited to be able to start dancing and tumbling again, wearing strapless summer dresses, sleeping on my tummy....sigh, I could go on for days. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So excited that Friday is the big day! I got 2...

So excited that Friday is the big day! I got 2 post-op sports bras and couldn't resist trying them on, lol. I had 6 boobies after trying to stuff myself inside that bra, haha. Sports bras havenever really fit me well, unless I wear 2 of them and 1 regular bra, lol. I also havent had a monthly cycle since April 2011 due to severe PCOS and Endometriosis and guess whos Aunt Flow showed up yesterday?? Yup, this gal right here, lol. I hope that surgery will not have to be postponed because of this. My mother also ordered a wedge pillow for me to sleep more comfortably after my surgery. I'm thankful for so much support from my family and boyfriend. Anywhoo, I'm trying my best to be patient, but this is taking forever!! LOL

Hi Gymnast, I just want to echo what everyone else has said - I bet you're going to have great results and lots of relief. When you told your PS that you wanted to end up with a B cup, what did she say? Was she like "sure, we can do that?"
Thanks so much Se1f1love! My surgen said that she couldn't assure me of a certain cup size, but that she could make me small, medium, or large for my frame. I chose small, so at least if they grow after children, I will hopefully still be in the range of normal sized bras and no back pain.
Hi gymnast. Congratulations on your insurance approval. You are so wise for getting this done before your symptoms get any worse. You are going to look and feel wonderful. The hardest thing is staying patient. Your breast right after surgery may look a little flat. They will get rounder and shapelier in a few weeks. Follow your ps instructions and don't over do it when you start feeling better. I'm 10 wks post op. Was 34dd now a 34c. I am really happy I had the surgery. Good luck !!

3 days!!! Not much going on here. I pre-registered...

3 days!!! Not much going on here. I pre-registered by phone today, how exciting. Time is crawling by sooooo slowly. Due to surgery, I can't take any of my normal meds for back pain....only Tylenol, lol. To top it off, I have terrible cramps too, grrrr! Only 2 days of work left this week, so I'm super psyched about that. Lastly, I spoke with my PS today and she says that it's totally okay that I'm on my period and to just wear a pad. I hope all of you beautiful ladies are having a great week! Thanks so much for the kind words of support and encouragement, it really means a lot and it helps me so much :)

Gymnast, check my review. I got my period the day before my surgery and it was no problem. My PS wanted me to wear a pad, and they gave me disposable briefs and a pad to wear when they were prepping me for surgery. I normally get very tired and crampy with my period, so I'm actually glad I got it at the same time as the surgery, since I spent the day doped up anyway. So don't worry about it - it won't affect your surgery at all. Good luck!
Thanks Se1f! Are you feeling any closer to your normal self? I am only able to take 9 days from work, so I hope that's enough time to feel halfway okay. Luckily, I'll be strictly doing desk work until I feel 100% better.
I am! Today I made my own lunch and walked all the way around the block I live on, which is quite large. Maybe a 15 minute walk, at my slower-than-normal pace. I also took ibuprofen this afternoon instead of percocet. I notice the difference, but can manage the discomfort ok. I think at 9 days, you will find work pretty tiring, but you are also a bunch younger than I am, and I think you'll bounce back quick. Maybe you can figure out how to leave a little early or have a little rest in the middle of the day?

Hello ladies! 2 more days!!! Called the insurance...

Hello ladies! 2 more days!!! Called the insurance company today and found out that they are paying for 85% of the surgery and that my max out of pocket could anywhere from $0 to $4700. I'll take it. I'm just thankful that they are covering anything at all, lol. Nothing new here today, Aunt Flow seems to be going away so that's always a good thing. Just in time for Friday. What are some great post-op items that you ladies couldn't live without? Gonna get my last minute items between today and tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a beautiful day :)

Thanks for sharing your story GG86! You are a tiny little thing :-) You are really going to feel such a difference after your surgery! You are way too little to be carrying around that much extra weight. I will be so anxious to hear how you are doing. You will be on my mind Friday! Wishing you all of the best!

As far as neccesities: Some form of entertainment!! Is there a book that you've been wanting to read, or a stack of movies or tv series on DVD that you can rent. Do something that totally takes up lots of time so that you are less likely to overdo. This is the time to indulge yourself!! Have fun with it :-)
Thanks so much Iowa! This is actually the heaviest that I have ever been...EVER, lol. I have just been having a hard time with the boobies + physical activity and it's all gone downhill! I am so excited to be getting rid of these things, lol. You look amazing and I absolutely cannot wait to buy bras/swim suits/lingerie right off the rack. I have my Kindle and a ton of movies to watch post-op, but somehow I still think I will be doing more sleeping than anything :)
I have been slurping down the juice diluted with water LOVED that. Chocolate is another fav' also popular with my helpers :). Been eating plain yogurt with fruit every day - either a smoothie with frozen fruit I got cheap at Trader Joes, or fresh fruit cut up. Miralax and Ducolax to keep things moving. Lots of clean towels for after showers since Im being extra careful to not get infected!

Less than 12 hours left!!! I have to be at the...

Less than 12 hours left!!! I have to be at the hospital at 6am, so I don't see much sleep happening tonight. I am beyond excited and can't wait to see my new boobies! I did have a bit of a damper on my day earlier. My mom got called in to work tomorrow, so she wont be able to be there for surgery. My boyfriend is pretty confident that he can handle it on his own, since I'll be sleeping most of the time anyway, lol. What can I say, I'm just a mama's girl :) I ate my last meal before fasting and I'm getting my last minute things together very slowly. I'm super excited to have a vacation from work! LOL. I'll take it any way I can get it, whether it's on a beach or on bed rest, lol. I'm hoping that the anesthesia isn't as bad as it was for my last surgery in April. Boy did I feel sick! That's it for now, I'll update as soon as I can. Have a great day ladies!!

Hope everything went perfect today. Big ((hug))!!
Good Luck today! Thinking of you!
Good luck with your surgery! You are going to love being smaller and lighter!

Hello ladies!! I'm back and I'm 3.5 pounds...

Hello ladies!! I'm back and I'm 3.5 pounds lighter! Lol. I am finally feeling decent enough to update you gals on the surgery. Excuse any typos, I'm typing from my phone since I'm not feeling up to the laptop just yet. I had to wake up at 4am to get to the hospital at 6 yesterday. It turns out that my mom's job let her take off, so she was able to come along after all. I found out when I got there that since I'm so tiny the insurance changed their requirements from 500 grams per breast to 217 grams per breast. Of course I wanted to be smaller so my PS removed.....wait for it.......784 grams from one breast and 714 from the other! Surgery was close to 5 hours long, my PS wanted to make them "perfect". I can actually see my feet when I look down now! I woke up to absolutely no back pain, but I was in a hell of a lot of pain from the front. I got pain meds 3 times through the IV and 1 Vicodin by mouth and it still hurt like sh*t. Even taking all the precautions to avoid nausea and dizziness after surgery, I still got it lol. A lot of it. I don't know how I made it the 30 minute drive to my mom's. As soon as my boyfriend and mom saw me they were amazed. Even with my boobs swollen and engulfed in all this padding, they still look much smaller than my old boobs. My mom says they look like B or C cups, yay! Even if they turn out bigger, I am still completely satisfied because I have no more back and shoulder pain. I also had to have a catheter and I think it scratched me when it was removed, it's extremely painful to urinate which is all I have been doing :( I made it to my moms in 1 piece, but the very brief walk from the driveway to the couch completely did me in. I dry heaved for 10 minutes straight which was terrible. I have not been able to shake the dizziness and nausea yet. My family and boyfriend have been amazingly supportive and have been totally doting on me since I got here, I'm milking it for as long as I can :) Sleeping last night was absolutely terrible. I am supposed to take 1200mg of Vicodin every 6 hours, but they made me so loopy I couldn't fall asleep until after 5am this morning. I was having all types of crazy hallucinations! Scary stuff ladies. I have been in a lot of pain and i feel like I've overdone it moving too quickly from those crazy hallucinations. I'm only taking 1 pill now instead of 2. One other thing I noticed is that even with padding, the surgical bra is quite big, especially in the straps. I was probably 12 the last time I was this small cheasted. I appreciate all of the support from you ladies more than you know. Thank you gals from the bottom of my heart! I'll upload a pic or 2 today as well. Can't wait to get these drains out Monday either. Yuck!

Looking good! Glad everything went well :-) I had around 3 lbs off and the difference is amazing so I know you will feel a big change with 3.5 taken off. Rest and take care!

Congratulations! You look great...and so tiny :-) Hope you start feeling better soon! Maybe you need to try calling the doctor and requesting a change in medications. If you're not allergic to codeine you could try Tylenol #3, or there is Percocet that is Oxycodone with tylenol, rather than the Hydrocodone of Vicodin. Just a suggestions, but there are other options and I hate to think of you in pain when you shouldn't have to be.
GG, you look great! So glad you're home and all went well. Welcome to the couch and recliner club! Go prove you're a real member by taking a well-deserved nap.

Post-op day 2 is much better than yesterday. I'm...

Post-op day 2 is much better than yesterday. I'm itching right under my bra band and under my arms, it is horrible. I was finally able to use the restroom, which has me feeling so much better. It took a while for the stool softeners to kick in. I hate this wedge pillow with a passion, it hurts my back when I lay for too long. I've been eating pretty normal, but I still get nauseous every once in a while. I love waking up to the comments from you lovely ladies. I appreciate every one of you. I'm anxious to get these drains and padding out. My follow-up appointment is tomorrow and I can't wait, LOL. That's all the excitement of today so far. I hope everyone is having a fabulous Sunday :)

omg congradulaton girl you sound so much happier even threw typing hahhahaha im glad everything went great girl i cant wait for mine girl you look great congradulations and keep us posted godbless....
Your results look great already! I hope your post op only gets better from here! :)
Awe! Thanks so much. I hope your consultation goes fantastic. You and I are in the same boat, no kids yet but I definitely want them. I hope they don't end up twice as big after pregnancy, but only time will tell :) Please keep us updated on your progression!

Day 3 post op and I am OVER THE MOON! Had my first...

Day 3 post op and I am OVER THE MOON! Had my first follow up today with Dr. Peter's and she says that my boobs look fantastic. No bruising, minimal swelling, and she has no concerns. I got those dreaded drains out and boy do I feel better. They did hurt a bit when they were taken out, but not anything too terrible. I saw my boobs for the first time at the office and immediately burst into uncontrollable tears. Dr. Peter's looked so nervous and asked if I hated them, and through sniffles I told her they were perfect. I LOVE them!! I cried all over her expensive blazer and she said that she was so touched and had never had this type of reaction from a patient. I felt like a big baby, lol but I couldn't help it. I get to shower tomorrow thank goodness and get out of this surgical bra (it's too big now anyway). I feel 10 times better with no drains, but I will continue to take it easy. I will update tomorrow with new boob pics after my shower. Today I'm just adding 2 pics without the drains. I hope you ladies are having a fabulous day!

Glad you are drainless...looking good already!!!
Awww GG!!! I'm so happy for you!! I was at a red light and had to go park somewhere to finish reading. Just think they will only get prettier from here on out. You are such s sweetie you so deserve this!! Just saw that my post didn't go through...sent again.

Post-op day 4! Had my first shower, which felt...

Post-op day 4! Had my first shower, which felt great. I was totally exhausted after the shower, so I'm going right back to the couch. I switched into one of my own sports bras, which barely fits. Maybe because of the swelling?? I definitely have oral thrush from the antibiotics, so I'm rinsing with Nystatin twice per day. I think that's about it. I feel pretty darn good! Updating my first real post-op pic today. Have a great day ladies!!

GG no wonder you cried. They are georgeous!! Your torso is so tiny and your new boobs are a perfect match now. WOW!!!
Thank you Ana, I def was a big cry baby, lol. PS said that I made her entire day. I'm going to send her something really nice in the mail. I love my results!
OMG!!! Just saw your picture. How fantastic you look! I can't believe the difference! I am in awe of your boobs! I want mine to look like yours! LOL I'm so jealous but so happy for you.

5 days post-op. Feeling much better and sleeping...

5 days post-op. Feeling much better and sleeping better too. Had another shower today and I couldn't help but feel that my stomach sticks out farther than my boobs now :( I also sneezed twice and felt like my nipples were going to fly across the room. That was scary, as I've tried to stifle my sneezes since surgery. I feel a bit of tightness under my boobs, but I guess that means I'm healing. I started reading 50 Shades of Grey to pass the time and it's a bit cheesy so far. 11 chapters in and this girl is "blushing, flushing, or biting her lip" on every page! Lol, I don't know how much more I can take. My nipple sensitivity is crazy! Lol. I can feel my right boob so much and the left boob almost not at all. I swear my right boob is so sensitive it can tell the weather or something! Even the slightest breeze sets it off. Hopefully it levels out soon. I hope you ladies are feeling great and having an awesome day. Remember to carry an umbrella today, because my right nip says it's gonna rain ;)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Is anyone watching Dr. Drew's Lifechangers today...

Is anyone watching Dr. Drew's Lifechangers today about the lady getting a breast reduction?? I'm over here bawling for this lady. So emotional.....still so fresh for me.

Hi gals just wanted to chime in. The nipple sensitivity started calming down for me around wk 7!! It was bad. I couldn't even drink anything cold. It felt like the cold water was draining into my breasts. Hang in there. It does go away...eventually.
Only 6 weeks to go :( It feels like there are little lightening bolts striking in my breasts. Nerve endings reconnecting?
I was freaking out at first. I told the Hubby I couldn't go through life like that. Why didnt anyone tell me? Is this permanent? I would sit pulling my bra away from my nipples so nothing would touch them. It does go away though. I have no idea why it happens. Some people worry about losing sensitivity. They are in for a big surprise! At least I had the tummy tuck pain to distract me ;).

Day 6. It feels like firecrackers going off in my...

Day 6. It feels like firecrackers going off in my boobs. It hurts....damn nerve endings. I'm also really sore and tight right where my underboob meets my side. I hope that goes away pretty soon. Every time I move it feels like that area is ripping stitches. Did anyone have blisters after surgery?I have one right below my right boob that has been there since surgery. I don't know if I should be putting anything on it or if I should just leave it alone. I was feeling really good today and decided that I was feeling up to riding literally around the corner for ice cream with my boyfriend. We got to the place and no more than 2 minutes later I was so tired, I had to go sit back in the car. Long story short, I was so exhausted from my 5 minute journey that I had to take a Vicodin and slept for half of the day. I haven't even showered yet. I was so sore! My boobs were hurting, swollen, everything....from a 5 minute trip. Oh yeah, and the ice cream definitely melted. It was a horrible experience, so as much as I hate it, the couch is where I belong for now. This really makes me nervous about going back to work on Monday. I don't have anymore vacation days to prolong my couch sitting past this upcoming Monday. I hope I'm okay by then. Speaking of work, I've been thinking about a witty response for the group of older women that I work with when they ask what's different about me, lol. They never talk to me, but they are soooo extremely nosy that I know they will ask about my boobs...or lack there of. I want to respond with something that takes them completely by surprise, lol. I guess I have some time to think about it. I hope you ladies are doing great :)

Good. Trips to the bathroom and the kitchen are the only traveling you should be doing for a while. (Yes, mum)

I'm only on ph. 17 of 372....and very, very sadly and embarrassingly (this IS an anonymous forum, right? As in we'd have to be naked to recognize each other...)...I'm enjoying it. I mean I think there may have been 1 polysyllabic work so far, and shedid use the same adjective twice in the same paragraph, but DAMN, total Harlequin romance!! (which I loved when I was 13/. Very worried I may be hooked in another 40-50 pages. Favorite moment do far? When interviewing Christian she asks, "Did you have to give up a family to achieve this much success?"

He's 26, for God's sake. He probably still sleeps with a stuffed animal.

Stay on the couch tomorrow; you don't want your spot to get cold :)
Hi gymnastgirl, i feel so bad for you that you have to go back to work so soon:( Try to take is EASY, put in your hours and go home to couch! I honestly felt pain or irritation at my incisions until day 18 which is longer than most but I just accepted it. As far as the ladies at your work, they don't seem like "ladies" at all, I would just change the subject if it comes up and say " nice weather we have been having don't you think" take the classy route! i hope you're feeling better soon:)
Thanks Busy! I hate that I have to go back so soon too. I'm praying that it is not too much for me. I will take it as easy as possible at my desk pretending to do work, lol. Those women at my job are old miserable hags. They dislike everyone at my job except their little "crowd".

Hello ladies! Feeling much better today. I managed...

Hello ladies! Feeling much better today. I managed to go out for 30 minutes to go get ice cream and didn't have too many problems. I napped for most of the day and it felt great. All this good eating at my mom's house is doing a number on my once flat tummy. I will be doing some major sit-ups as soon as I'm able. I had a bit of a moment again today, I put on an old v-neck and didn't even come semi-close to filling it up. I swear some days I feel like I have an A cup, lol. Updating new pics of my v-neck and hopefully you ladies can cyber-hug me and assure my that I'm not that flat. Have a good day ladies :)

The shopping experience will surely be "euphoric" like it was for me. I literally almost cried in the dressing room. EVERY shirt I got FIT perfectly!!! Things that I would have NEVER tried before! BUT...Im looking at my closet now realizing that a large portion of it I wont fit into anymore. :( More to shop for I guess! :)

Remember that shirt use to house DDDs and a C is a lot smaller. And even though that shirt is small, I bet it is quite stretched out. Just wait until you go shopping...I bet there are plenty of things that will fit...and not a one of them will come from the boys' department...except for maybe the boxers :-D
Lol! Thanks Iowa. That actually does make a lot of sense. I guess I didn't think about my old boobs stretching it out because I could see my cleavage and went straight to panic mode, lol. I am dying to go shopping though, pretty impressed with my self control thus far. In a few months when the girls are more stable, I'm gonna shop til I drop!

Hello ladies, hope everyone had a good weekend. I...

Hello ladies, hope everyone had a good weekend. I start work tomorrow unfortunately and I still don't feel 100% better. Not even 50% actually. I'll definitely be taking it easy tomorrow and I wont hesitate to come home if it gets to be too much. I went shopping with my mom today and got 3 more sports bras to wear for the next few weeks. I got a padded one to ease some of the sensitivity in my nips and it was a size.......34B! I couldn't a 32 but this one is pretty snug anyway. I had to use one of the old folks hoover rounds for the entire trip, since the walk from the car to the store wiped me out. I almost took our the entire wall of Wal-Mart! Those things take some skill to drive. Overall it was a good day. I'll update you ladies tomorrow about my workday.

You look great!

Icing my boobs. Super swollen. Boo work. Boo steri...

Icing my boobs. Super swollen. Boo work. Boo steri strips. And I'm constipated. Tomorrow will be better....g'night.

Glad to hear that you survived your first day back, GG. I bet you are ready for bed. Lots of rest tonight with a good supper and each day you will find yourself a bit stronger. Glad the hags didn't give you too much trouble.
GG hope your day at work went well. I know you have to be so tired. Sleep good tonight. I had my pre-op today everything went well. Now I just have to wait...10 more days.
Thanks Babs! Boy am I pooped!! One hour left and I’m running out of here. I’m glad your pre-op went okay. Just 10 more days until you’re on the other side. I’m so happy for you :) Are you getting more nervous or excited now that it’s getting closer?

Took a half day at work today and had the best 3...

Took a half day at work today and had the best 3 hours nap ever when I got home. Took my mommy out for lunch and came home to tackle these steri strips. I used baby oil and let it sit for a bit while in the shower and I managed to get 5 whole strips off before I nearly passed out. It was tough stuff! I think there was a clearish fluid seeping out along with a few scabs. Is that normal?? I managed to uncover most of one nip though, so I call that progress! I'll upload a pic, but ignore how swollen they are today. I'll try again tomorrow. Happy Tuesday ladies!!

Hi GG! You are healing up nicely! Your nipples look awesome. That tape looks cruel :(.
Thank you Ana! The tape is cruel....very cruel :(

How are your tummy and boobs feeling?
The girls are doing great! I am massaging the incisions with a scar oil. They are flattening out and fading nicely. They are feeling so good that i Might just try on a soft pushup soon . Tummy is progressing still some lower swelling and upper abs are a little sore. Gotta be patient :).

I did it!!! I got all of my tape off!!! Thanks so...

I did it!!! I got all of my tape off!!! Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone. I soaped up my boobs then lathered on vaseline and let it sit for 2 hours and watched one of my favorite shows (So You think You Can Dance). Then I got in the shower and got the strips wet and slowly peeled the rest of them off without passing out. My boobs feel so much better without the tape even though they looked a little prunish after showering that long.

I finally retired from my mom's couch and came back home. It's all up to my bf to take care of me now, lol. We went grocery shopping and got some things for dinner. I forgot the warnings about the frozen food section and almost lost a nip trying to go get a tv dinner...terrible. I definitely wont forget again. That's all ladies. Happy hump day :)

Amazing...yup, that's you!
:) how was your day Iowa?

My day was great, GG, thanks! It was my day off, so after sleeping in and then spending too much time on RealSelf, I had my boys help me to quick tidy the house and then off we ran to Vacation Bible School at the church. When that was over it was off to a baseball game. Got home at about ten tonight, and two hours later, I'm back on RealSelf catching up with all of you girls! The men are all asleep around here, so I thought this would be the perfect time for a little girl time!

Hope you had a great day, sweetie!

Hello ladies! Today makes 2 weeks post-op and my...

Hello ladies! Today makes 2 weeks post-op and my boobs have been super tender all over. Is it normal that they are more sore than before? I've also had 4 different times where I've accidentally hit my boobs in the last 2 days. I'm really nervous that I've done some damage. I started applying the scar gel last night and the incisions on my underboob seem like they are pulling more. It's really sensitive underneath like I have open spots. My bf and I looked and there aren't any open spots or busted stitches, is this normal? I also got my first reaction to my post-op body yesterday. One of my guy friends at work asked me if I had lost weight, lol. I'm like "yeah, I lost about 4 pounds", I couldn't help but laugh. Nothing else new...I'm tired of sleeping on my back. I can't wait to sleep any other way! Happy Friday friends!!

Geej: PS's are so split down the line on this. MIST COMMONLY RECO
MENDED is medium support leisure bras at this stage. Did your PS make any recommendation? If not, I'd be inclined to get a couple if different styles to mix it up. The three that are most commonly "loved" seem to be:

The Ahhh Bra
Bali Revolution wire-free bra
Genie bra

Although you'll know when you find the "right" one or two or three. Just, as you know, avoid underwire and ensure band is not interfering with bottom incisions.

Good luck. Let us know what you get. xx
Bali Comfort Revolution it is! It's oh so comfy :)
Hey Geej! Take it from someone who has no experience whatsoever; that all sounds perfectly normal and right on the money, timing-wise. And you know people are finding some pretty significant relief by changing up their bras, right? Different pressure points, different support. Try it, even for a couple of hours. You're NOT going end up having to scrape them off the floor! Promise!

Going into the dreaded third week, but I don't...

Going into the dreaded third week, but I don't feel too bad. I'm still pissed I can't sleep on my side yet, I tried last night and it didn't work out at all. The back sleeping is really uncomfortable :( I went and got 4 new Bali Comfort Revolution bras yesterday and they feel so much better than the front closure sports bras I was wearing before. I'm really happy that I can switch it up now. My energy is starting to come back and I'm not as tired anymore. Today I went to church and I also went to get a mani, pedi, and my eyebrows done. All that's left to fix is this mop on my head, lol. Maybe I'll go to the salon next weekend. I have been getting so many compliments from people asking if I lost weight, but I'm still sort of self-conscious about my tummy poking out farther than my boobs for the first time in my life. I walk around sucking in my tummy whenever I remember now, lol. Scale still says 119 so I can't complain about that. I start my second week of work tomorrow and I will try not to skip out early everyday like I did last week, lol. I'm updating my 2 week pics and I think I'm healing pretty nicely. That's all for now, going out to eat with the bf. Have a happy Sunday ladies :)

Hi GG. You know what? I have been using the Bali bras you guys have been talking about all along. I didn't even know it! I still use them when I'm at home and to sleep. They really are comfy. Bought mine at Macy's.
They really are some comfy bras! I just hope that I've waited long enough in recovery to wear them. I don't want any misshaped boobies, lol.
I think I started at 4 wks. If I had them sooner I would have worn them.

Ladies!! Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I...

Ladies!! Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I have been working like crazy!! Tomorrow makes 3 weeks for me and I'm feeling pretty good. My follow-up with Dr. Peters is July 9th so I'm pretty excited for that. I have a bit more bruising and tiny amounts of scabbing this week, but I guess that's all normal. I feel 95% back to my normal self at this point, but still no lifting my arms, driving, or sleeping normal......yet!

I am having sooo many problems with my nips acting out! WTF?!? I expected some sensitivity, but not to this extent. My left nip isn't that bad, but my right one is always "turned on" and it hurts a lot when she's standing at attention all the damn time. Anything gets my nip to rise, I mean anything....it doesn't even need a reason to stand up anymore. Not to mention how many people I'm creeping out talking to them with one headlight on. I can't go close to anything cold, which is a super pain since it was 101 degrees today. I've been sitting here hot as shit because I'm scared to turn the AC on. Lord have mercy!

I also looked at my IC's website and my out of pocket portion for the surgery was only $670, so I'm thrilled about that. It definitely makes up for my nip shenanigans today. Overall I love my boobies and wouldn't change a thing. I'm so overly confident about my body now, that I have to constantly remind myself (be reminded) to put on a shirt, lol. I LOVE IT!!

Dude! I totally get the nipple thing! Mine is the exact same as yours. I don't even want to drive because when I drive the seatbelt goes like right there! I'm glad that I'm not the only one, cause this is almost comical how crazy my right side has been. I'm feeling your pain, but I'm glad you're doing well!
LOL, what is it with the right side??!
Awwwww! I like that!!!!!! :)

Tomorrow makes 4 weeks! I have my second follow up...

Tomorrow makes 4 weeks! I have my second follow up with Dr. Peters on Monday. My boobs are starting to fluff and drop now, but I feel like they've gotten bigger since surgery :( I hope that I'm just overreacting, but I really feel that way. Please say that other women have experienced this before....anyone?? I'm still very pleased with my breasts, I guess I'm just terrified that they will be right back at porn star status by Christmas. I've been keeping my sports bra on as much as possible but definitely slacking on applying the Kelo-Cote twice per day. I can hardly remember to put it on once a day! Work is wearing me out and I just really want to find a rich old guy with one foot in the grave so I never have to work again, lol. Wishful thinking. I slept on my side for the first time last night with minimal discomfort :) When I have a minute of free time, I like to catch up on Fifty Shades. I'm halfway through book 2 and it's still not amazing to me, I just can't put it down! So addictive. Anywho, I'm done rambling....I hope everyone has a great day! Week 4 photo updated as well.

Just saw you in your swimsuit. You look great! Bet it feels great too. Ohhh to be young again...but I do have young looking boobs. Guess I need to lessen the rest of my body to fit them. I'm on day 9 and believe it or not still so excited, but feel good. I take pain meds when needed, and am still trying to move like a slug so I don't over do it. (Don't remember who gave that suggestion but it's working)
I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well Babs! I can't wait to go to the gym either, I've gained a bunch of tummy fat in the last few months that I'm dying to tighten up. It never really bothered me with those huge boobs sitting out, but now for the first time ever, my stomach sticks out farther than my breasts. Not a HUGE issue, but I want to get to work none the less. Things will get much easier for you, but don't let those pain meds fool you into doing too much either. Keep us posted on your progress :)
I am trying to be very careful after reading all the precautions on this site. I wanted some watermelon the other day when it was so hot. I got the tray and knife out, looked at the whole watermelon (even though it was small), decided I shouldn't lift it and went in the room and sat until a friend of mine stopped by. I'm a retired teacher, but tutor part time. I set it up so I don't have to resume tutoring until August, so that gives me a good 4-5 weeks to heal.

Had my 1 month follow up with Dr. Peters today and...

Had my 1 month follow up with Dr. Peters today and everything went great! None of my stitches are visible and the only incision that is still raised is my underboobs and armpit one. I get to stop wearing a bra at night, but I'm sure that I will continue to for a few more weeks, and I can also start exercising (yay!). I forgot to ask earlier, but does anyone know if I can take my bra off during the day yet? I wanted to wear a strapless dress this week. I could not be more happy with my boobs, Dr Peters is AMAZING! She wore the most gorgeous pair of Michael Kors shoes today, and I swear I wanted to steal them, lol. I'm always checking out her shoes and clothes.

I went shopping over the weekend and everything that I tried on looked fabulous. I got a few halter dresses with the built in cups I could never fit before, and guess what size they were....xs!! It feels so good to shop without having to worry about my boobs fitting correctly. Bad news is that the bf and I have spent way too much on new clothes for me, lol. I have to laugh to keep from crying at my credit card bill this month, lol. Started massaging with Vitamin E today too, my boobs were getting really dry from the antibacterial soap.

You look amazing. Congratulations.
Thanks so much Stacey! You look amazing as well.
Yes they can but I am sorta like a super woman. After 2 C-Sections in 1 year, after each one, I started doing work and other things like a week after. After another surgery, I was suppose to rest 4 weeks but I was shopping and lifting and more and taking care of the children at the same time. It caught up on me though and I had to go back to the hospital because my incision opened back up and they didn't trust me because they knew I wouldn't take it easy. I need this BADLY! Was it outpatient?

Sorry ladies! It's been forever since I've updated...

Sorry ladies! It's been forever since I've updated. Work has me extremely busy. Nothing new going on. Today makes 6 weeks and I feel great. I'm going to attempt to start exercising next week and see how that goes. Sending hugs and prayers to my Piggles this morning, I can't wait to hear how you're doing! Will update pictures very soon. Happy Friday!!

Hey GG! Have been missing you and just thought I'd check in and say 'How do"! Hope all is well with you and that you're enjoying the hell of of your gorgeous new rack!

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Have you had any trouble with the old bags at work? Can't wait to see those pix. What size bra are you wearing now?
Thanks Iowa :) No problem with the old bags. A 34B is sort of tight and a 34C is too big, so I'm still wearing bras that come in a small, medium, or large, lol. They are much more jiggly these days so I think all swelling is gone. So all in all I still have no clue what size I am right now, lol.

Oh my goodness, it's been so long! Just reached my...

Oh my goodness, it's been so long! Just reached my 3 month post-op mark and I am feeling fabulous!. My confidence is at an all time high, and I've even started dancing again 4 days a week. I had my last appointment with Dr. Peters today, and I don't ever have to go back again. It was bittersweet because I feel like I owe her so much. I think I'll go back and flash her a few times throughout the rest of the year. I have a TON of catching up to do on RS and I promise to update more often, now that things are settling down at work. I hope all of you ladies are feeling fabulous!

New 3 month pic :)

New 3 month pic :)

Looking fabulous!! The girls are perfect and look like they belong on you. :)
Thank you Ana :) I finally feel like these are the boobs I was meant to have, lol

WOW! I just saw your updated picture! You look fabulous! No wonder you love your new boobs so much...they are the prettiest little things I've ever seen!

Received the official before and after pics in the...

Received the official before and after pics in the mail today. I'm posting them below. WOW! What a difference 3 months later. Still happy with the boobies :)

hey girlie you look great also omg i so happy its all over i cant wait to for it to be three months like you im so ready to run around and do stuff and its only been five days ago you look great girl omg i cant wait to be able to work out its time to get on the stomach omg girl im gone think im the bomb lol... and its nothing wrong wit that im just not gone let it to go to much to my head lol.... j/k but im so happy girl and you look great stay in touch godbless...
Hey! You look great! I might send your story to my PS. He was a stuffy old man and before he had a look said I don't go lower than a D, expect an E and you won't be disappointed. If you go too small they could split with the tension. The annoying thing is this man is really good at what he does..but maybe because he never takes any risks. You had some volume on those bad girls! Maybe that's why the end result is so good.I'm so happy to read your story I've been quite upset today. I'm glad to hear how much you're enjoying the girls. I think we're pretty similar in frame. If I could look just like you OMG!
Haha! Weren't they just huge?? I'm surprised I didn't fall forward all the time. I read your story and I'm so sorry your visit didn't go as expected. Feel free to froward my story to him. I went down about 4 cup sizes after surgery and your breasts look very similar to mine. Either way, I think that you will love your new breasts. Definitely keep me posted on how things go :)

Hello ladies!! I hope everyone and their boobies...

Hello ladies!! I hope everyone and their boobies are doing great! Just curious if anyone has had children post br. Were you able to breast feed and did they get bigger? 9 months post breast reduction hubby and I are due with our first baby September 7th!! I'm so excited and luckily my boobs haven't gotten much bigger. I'm hoping that they continue to behave, lol. I hope all of my friends are doing well :)

So how are ur boobs and baby now?
Baby boy is almost 6 months old and the boobies are a size, maybe 2 bigger. I can still fit my pre pregnancy bras, and I also just stopped breastfeeding so I'm assuming they will go back down eventually. Still nowhere close to where I was before surgery though. Thanks for asking! :)
Oh girl I'm so happy for you! And congrats on the baby boy. I have two girls and two boys and trust, boys are much easier. Just always wear tight bras. I breast fed all and it felt so good when they were full of milk to just not wear one , omg huge mistake. My sister had three kids didn't breast feed but always kept tight bras , she's fixin to be 38 has natural double d's and they are still like a teenagers. I always envied her.. But not for long lol. I'm proud of u for breast feeding . You wldnt believe how many girls refuse to nurture their babies the natural way. I think ur breast are beautiful and love that baby up!!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lisa Peters was amazing!!! She listened to everything I said and tried her best to get me as small as she could without compromising sensation. She is Extremly informative, detailed, and very realistic about outcomes. I love my new boobs and I'm glad I went with Dr. Peters because they look PERFECT! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a quality PS.