Worried Size is Too Small? - Chicago, IL

I am almost 41 years old. I am 5'10" and126 pounds...

I am almost 41 years old. I am 5'10" and126 pounds. I had BA 4 weeks ago - 320cc silicone mod profile under the muscle. I wish I had a before picture to post- I was completely flat with no breast definition whatsoever - it was just 2 nipples on a flat surface.
I am so happy to finally have breasts! My surgeon is amazing and I feel like my results are natural and fit my skinny body. I guess I am just worried that after going through all this I am still too small. I am athletic so I didn't want to go too big - I just wanted to be more feminine. For me this has been a significant change given how flat I was before. I thrilled with the shape and personally I finally feel like a woman - it is just relative to the general population I wonder if I still look too small? It was so hard to tell with the sizers. For me it felt like a big difference from where I started...

Updated on 6 May 2013:
I am wondering what size bra I will be... I am almost 5 weeks post op. When are you supposed to go for sizing? When can I start wearing bras on a regular basis?

So I went to Nordstrom to get sized and ended up...

So I went to Nordstrom to get sized and ended up in a 32D! I was shocked! The brand I bought the bra in tends to run a little small so I think I might be a 32C in other brands. We'll see...

7 weeks out

So I am 7 weeks post op. Rightie is still a bit higher and not quite as soft as leftie, but otherwise I am doing well. I have to wear tape on my incisions until 3 months. Began running at 6 weeks which felt great. Still wish I had gone bigger but I get the feeling most people feel that way! It's so funny that I now wear a 32D but I really only look like a B in my clothes.

The size is absolutelyl perfect on you! You could not be luckier!!!!! And don't flip over the D cup, it's just where your band size is so small your cup is bigger. If you were larger around with the same breasts your cup would be a large B/Small C most likely. Congrats!!!
do u have any updated pictures?
I think you look great. Bigger is not always better. In fact I think they suit your body nicely. You look feminine and athletic...
I think you're my BA clone...I also measure 32D but look like a B! Similar stats as well...and of course, wish I'd gone bigger!! Too funny...you look great by the way :)
pretty pretty white bra you have -and it fits you well! you look good with your athletic body in that size. if you really want a different look once in a while, get a push up bra. it is fun sometimes. with a lower top. it will satisfy your momentary cravings to be bigger.
FYI I just left PS office for my 18 day post op check up. He said something very interesting: most women who go very large look matronly to him. He says if you go smaller you look younger, especially if you already have an athletic build. Very surprising to hear and thought I'd share...
thank you for sharing that. yesterday the particular bra i wore to work with the top i chose, bothered me,because it made me look much fuller, and i felt more uncomfortable with the look, and now i know the adjective "matronly" is how i felt. when i got home, i tried the top with a different bra, and it looked way better.so i know i am happier with a lighter look. i am glad to have some cleavage when i want it, but happy to hide it also.i do not always want to look "busty'. it depends on your lifestyle, past activities, and SELF-IMAGE for so many years that it is hard to change. yet i think many women on this site look great with the larger look. it is not who i am. i was a dancer too much of my life with a different self image.
Yes, thanks for sharing... I am in my 40's now so the big look would be tough to pull off :-)
Thank you - you look terrific! I think with an active lifestyle smaller is better... My PS recommended one sports bra that she swears by and told me that this needs to be my only sports bra from here on out. It is a Natori sports bra - it is expensive and not the cutest but it has served me well so far. Running has been great so far - no issues doing what I did before with the "girls".
correction: drooping later on*
i am also smaller instead of larger. i did 325 cc. i size bigger like many do, but in reality the apperance is C. a s i once said, i stopped paying attention to numbers. i have enough size to tell i have breasts. i sometimes think when looking at myself that i should have been a bit bigger, but for my activities and comfort and wanting less pressure on the shoulders, and less chance at dropping later one, i know it is right for me. we all suit our sizes for our bodies. i wear vincenzo becasue my PS gave me that one. it is very good. panache looks great also, has good support.

I totally understand about not being able to wait to go bra shopping! We'd love an updated photo in your new bra!

i just finished reading bare necessities site and on how to fit bras. they are right on. they use the method my favorite store uses---intimacy store. look at the conversion charts for european and US or UK on that site. see if the bra you are trying is european. you will end up with a larger letter. i just posted my two new bras on my site. i love them. now i want another one in red lace!! today i went to work, had to be demure, and so no cleavage today, but yet i had busty look in my new regular daily bra. i was amazed how womanly i felt. the day before i went to lunch with a friend, and i wore the new pushup with all the glory and cleavage. what fun! i can choose what i want to be that day! with my 325 cc i am amazed what it can make me look like.
How many weeks post op were you in the photo? It's my understanding that once things settle, they won't be any 'bigger' but, they will sit at a more natural position and protrude forward a bit more as the muscles loosen up. I am 5'10 w/ a thin frame as well and I got 397cc mod profile under the muscle. I have felt I could have gone bigger at times too but, I think what is most important is that you are happy with the shape and the way you look and feel w/ out clothes. I think you have wonderful results. They are symmetrical and perky and I think, over more time, you will really happy w/ the size you chose!! You look great!!
Thanks for the support! I was 3 weeks in the picture. I am 6 weeks now. You look terrific! Are you feeling good and happy with the results?
your breasts are nice and perky, and you fee womanly in them, and you know you can still function athletically, so you have reached your goals! feel proud of them and do not compare yourself to anyone else. since i was a dancer, i had to get used to the idea of having noticeable breasts, which was quite different from the general population. You are tall and slim, and you might find much larger size overwhelming for your slim frame and activities. enjoy yourself!
I think you look great! It's totally normal to be concerned about size (I definitely was as well) but I always go back to what I originally wanted, a natural look, something that fit my frame and would allowed me to stay active without handicap! Check check check! Don't be too concerned about size...you look great! How good did it feel to be sized that big? I was a 32A so I can't wait to buy bras without padding and push up and underwire! It'll be so fun to pick a bra based on how cute it is instead of how big will this make my boobs look :) congratulations!
Congrats to you too - you look great! Bra shopping is so much fun - my doctor told me to wait quite a while before I buy anything but I really can't help myself. It is a whole new world - I have never been able to walk into a lingerie department and try on normal bras - the old ones I wore were SUPER padded and I always had to special order them online. How are you doing - are you still happy with your results?
I'm so happy :) they're awesome! I got sized today at VS and was a 32D...what???? Wow! Bra shopping is so fun! I bought my first big girl bra today! Yay! It's definitely worth the pain and time :)
You look wonderful. I went smaller vs. Larger and am very happy. I'm 130 lbs 5'5" and was a 36 B- just measures at V Secret to be a 36 D but really think the bras exaggerating our sizes to be larger. I think I'm really 36 C in real life. What are you wearing for sports bra? I went to Walmart and bought Danskin.