Shortness of Breath Associated with Implants, over a Year Later??

I nursed my kids for 2 years...and started at a...

I nursed my kids for 2 years...and started at a small B cup. Am very happy with my implants/lift, but I do worry about long term affects.

I have had shortness of breath for 3 weeks now. I had breast implants put in about 15 months ago. I have been to the doctor many times the past few weeks, had a cat scan of my lungs, an EKG, etc, and they don't know what is wrong besides 'it could be a virus'. I was on antibiotics for 5 days, and the shortness of breath went away, it was great. As soon as I was off of them, it came back. Now I'm starting my second round of antibiotics, and today I have a lot of chest pain right in the middle. I have no other symptoms, no runny nose, no fever, nothing. Is it possible there is an infection in my implants causing this??

I am having the same problem. I am an extremely healthy person and I know I do not have anything viral or bacterial going on. I feel relief only when I hold the girls up with both hands. This is leaves me to believe that it is pulling on the chest muscles due to weight. I am considering taking them out as I am tired of yawning and gasping for air and being tired all the time :(
Lisa can you please tell where you get the WheatGrass from? I want to try some.. Thank you again
Thank you so much for your reply Lisa, I was so excited to read your reply.. I am so so happy u are healthy.. I am taking mine out in 3 weeks and I can not wait... god bless good health!!! Thankyou again for sharing ur story.

Hi! I am a 50 yr old second time breast cancer survivor, from 2000 and 2011. I had a lumpectomy and radiation the first time for Stage 0, DCIS in Left breast. Then double mastectomy with chemo, then radiation for two tumors for Stage 2B, LCI, E+, P+, HerC- in Right breast. I haven't had any issues from the tissue expanders from Nov/2011-Apr/2013. However, when they were removed and solid gel silicone implants replaced them, about two weeks ago, two weeks after surgery, I noticed the extreme shortness of breath, upper body/shoulder/arm fatigue and upper torso "heaviness" like nothing I've ever experienced. This has continued with EVERY slightest increase in my heart rate... From walking faster to climbing stairs to carrying a full load of laundry! Scary! I started taking Arimidex late March and have had no noticeable side effects. I am thin, in good health with normal blood chemistry levels as far as I know from the tests done prior to surgery early April. I'm calling my FABULOUS reconstructive surgeon tomorrow to "pick her brain". I've had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in the past, Fibromyalgia, and a vitamin B6 build up to toxic levels for an unexplained reason. So it's very possible my immune system may not be tolerating the silicone implants from what the rest of you are sharing. Prayers for us all that we find the answers we need, honest physicians/resources who will provide them, and wisdom to k ow what to do next. Hugs y'all!

GET A SILCONE POISONING TEST! Silcone is not safe ...many are allergic get an allergy test
Shortness of breath, can be caused by menopause, root canal infection, teeth infections, mercury killing, facial fillers, ear infections, repiratory issues, asthma I believe is commonly mistaken it may very well be caused by parasites do a parasite cleanse. Yes, it can be caused by facial implants and breast implants any foreign object that is placed in the body that the body rejects. There is a body of information regarding implants that were covered up it is dangerous so there is so many causes for shortness of breath I would have implants removed ASAP Afterwards, if your into being proactive about your health eating right, excercise etc,,, line yourself up with an integrative medical doctor to run the right test and help you detox. , My ND basically says, look at what happened around the time you got sick even if it is few months off it can tell you volumes!
I had implants about a year ago and am also having the shortness of breath. I've had every test imaginable and they can't find anything wrong.. I hope this is not the case for me as to have them removed! I'm a little overweight so I'm gonna lose some weight and see if anything chnges!
Get them out ASAP! Before you get more sick! I got sick from mine, it started the same as yours-- short of breath-- and went downhill from there. I got so sick I had to quit working, and I had never been sick in my life. I had mine removed, and things improved a little, but I;m not healthy like I was. My advice is to get 'em out right away!
I had by implants about two yrs. 2008. I first developed shortness of breath, ct scans, chest xrays, heart drs.. Then my bowels, Colitis, then severe joint and muscle PAIN. Headaches, hair loss, rashs,I have been active my hole life and never this ill. I have four young children and I have days Im so sick I cant get out of bed. I have had problems getting anyone to believe me that it has to be the Silcone shells. My blood work comes back as Normal other then some sort of forgin toxin my body is fighting?. Strange since I never have been so so sick for as long as I have had these implants. I get them removed nxt. week.
Please write again, tell me what happen are you better. I'm having the same problems you had. It had Silicon breast implant about 17 months ago. about 3 months ago I started feeling shortness of breath, body ache, joint pain,
I had my implants changed from saline to silicone in 2008 and was fine until about 10 months ago when I started having a shortness of breath, fatigue, some hair loss and the right implant was over time getting smaller than the left one. My primary care did blood work and that was fine so she referred me to a Cardiologist and I went through every test imaginable to man and everything was fine so he referred me to a Pulmonologist and said it must be my lungs. I have had breathing function tests, CAT scan with the dye on my lungs and still nothing has been found. Then my bowels, Colitis. I went to my breast cancer surgeon today and he did an ultra-sound on both implants and is ordering an MRI as he feels the right one has definitely been leaking and needs to come out right away. I am tired of feeling this way and tired of complaining and no one really listening. I would rather have them both out and feel better.

Not feeling well all the time must be extremely frustrating and difficult for you.  With hair loss and fatigue, did your doctor rule out any auto immune diseases or thyroid function? Do you have a surgery date yet?  Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hello- I am writing to let you know there is hope!. I had my implants removed over 3yrs ago and if you read my story I was slowing dying inside and out with the sickness that hit after I had saline implants.. I since discovered my body is allergic to the silicone and the shell of the implant was that. I became so so very sick that it lead to organs shutting down, hundreds of drs appts and blood work every week i think.. I was starting to think I was nuts. Mys husband was not supportive during this terrible experience and that lead to more depression.. I decide to remove the implants against everyones better judgement- I had NO choice I felt. I was only sick after I had these things placed so I felt it had to be them. Well, the next day after a VERY SIMPLE surgery I started feeling better the very next day.. I was so happy dancing around with my children - smiling again!!! I made a decision to tell my story and leave those who left me during this difficult time.. I am now a single and raising my four children and enjoying everyday of my life!.. Lisa :) Please let me know if you ever need anything.. Best wishes
Hello Lisa, I just read your email that you sent to me and I apologize for not answering it sooner. I have had an MRI with contrast and I am waiting to hear the results to see if my right implant is leaking. My right implant is much smaller than the left and when my breast cancer surgeon examined me weeks ago he used the ultra-sound wand and really could not tell and that was why he ordered the MRI with contrast. I am a 7 year Breast cancer survivor and I have been to every doctor there is concerning my shortness of breath so I did some research myself on line and saw where breast implants can sometimes cause shortness of breath. I first had saline implants put in after my breast cancer surgery and then in I think 2008 or 09 they were taken out and silicone were put in. I just want to be able to exercise and go up and down stairs without being short of breath and if it means being without implants then so be it. I hope to find out the first of the week my results but actually I should have already had the results. I will post on line when I find out. Thank you for your kind comments and I am so very glad that you are doing well and are able to take care of your wonderful children now. I don't care anymore about the people who kept saying "I was only imagining the shortness of breath" and pray that they don't ever have to go through what we went and are still going through. Continue "Good Health to you Lisa".
Hi Lisa, I am so sad for you, I have breathless, shoulder blade pain, pins and needles down my arm, head ache, nerve pain.. I feel like im 80 years old, I have had mine in for 6 years.. do u feel better now? did u feel breathing problems?
Hi Mala78, I am wonderful! I have not had any of the systems that not so long ago were taking my life away. I have NO pain at all and I really haven't felt better. If you could have seen the way I looked just a couple years ago. I couldn't keep a bit of water or food down so I was lucky if I was 100 pounds. The pain in my chest and EVERYWHERE ugh. My breathing was so bad to walk up a flight of stairs was painful in my chest. I eventually found how that my lung had collapsed around the implant and when the surgeon removed them he explained that the implant was what was causing the pain and its position along with this rejection to my body…I have a hard time thinking back to really how bad it was. I was having organs shut down and thats was when I knew I couldn't do this any longer. I recently spoke to some friends who have had similar things happen maybe not as bad as mine however, Maggie had hers 10 plus years and she decided to have them removed. She is doing much better however, they were in her a long time so she has some lasting effects. I am currently detoxing with WheatGrass and its been amazing as well. I wish you the best!. I hope this helps somehow. Lisa
Their is no doubt in my mind that you will feel better!. I'm so excited that you are taking this step!. It's scary however, nothing can replace good health! I've learned that the hard way and will share my story with my children in time. Wheatgrass is amazing- plz read up on it! It's a miracle detox and after all we had something forien in us making us sick! Here's the thing though- the detox will make you feel (no so well) however, it's punching toxins out. Start slow! I do fresh and have it delivered to my house. It's 12pound and that's about 6oz worth. I've been doing it for months now and after the third month I feel amazing- I'm up to 3oz a day. Your local health food store will sell some like shots - they are good however, to detox fast and get the Posion out the fresh is best!. Hugs!!!!
Thank you so much Lisa1970 for your support, I have two more weeks till my operation, I am so excited to get them out, till then I am struggling, I get up go to work, come home and go to be, all day I am struggling with my breathing, then it plays with my head and I started to cry to my friends that I have destroyed my health.. I thank you for so much the advice you have given me, positive words... god help me now... xx may I ask, when should I start wheatgrass... Hugs xx
sorry I forgot to ask one more question, what is better wheatgrass, powder, tablets or plant?
I do the live fresh grass. I also have powder that I supplement with when I can't juice -