Tummy Tuck with muscle repair: I could not be happier with my results! - Chevy Chase, MD

I had my Tummy Tuck procedure done with Dr....

I had my Tummy Tuck procedure done with Dr. Khalifeh on March 22, 2013. It is been 7 months since my surgery and I am thrilled with my results. It's not always been easy. I was in severe pain from the second to the seventh day after the surgery. But I never felt alone. I had and continue having all the help that I need to get through the process. I am specially grateful for finding the perfect professional practice to perform my surgery.

This is me before surgery.

before pix

5 days after surgery with my drains in.

5 days after

At this point I felt like pregnant again

Hello every one!!!! I just wanted to update my journal a little bit. Real Self sisters helped me a lot when I went under surgery. Now that I feel better I want to update all of you that kindly gave me a hand when I needed you and I also want to be able to help some of you that may be thinking of getting a tummy tuck procedure done. Well here is a little bit of my history. I am 37, had one child with C-section when I was 15. After that my stomach was never the same. In fat I don't even remember how it was before my child. hahaha!!!! Anyways, 17 years later I came across the internet and found out that I could look a little bit better if I did surgery, soooo after a lot of reseach I found Dr. Khalifeh's website and I went for a consultation with him. We talked and he very honestly told me what to expect from that type of surgery. I made up my mind and after like 3 months of prayers and nightmares and chills I decided to go for it. My journey then begun!!!!!! This pix is on my fifth day after surgery and I FELT LIKE I WAS PREGNANT AGAIN!!!

Drain out 2 weeks later.

I only had one drain. I was so scare it was going to be painful when the Dr. said he was going to take it out, but it did not hurt at all. It was more uncomfortable to have it in for 2 weeks. After it came out, my skin healed really fast and nicely.

this is a side before picture

No C-section scar anymore!!!!!!!

7 weeks out!!!

This pix were taken when I was 7 weeks out. I forgot to mention that I got of my medicines for pain on my third week because the medicine was making me more sick. So I only took Motrin from day 20 until day 40; after that, I did not need any pain killers anymore. But when I needed them it was not joke. Let me tell you something: is this surgery painful? yes it is!!!! Will you cry? Yes!!! will you think you regret to have done such "thing" to yourself? Yes!!! will you feel at times that this was a mistake? Ohhhh yes!!! will you drive your husband crazy? Yes, I wish you could ask mine. He is my angel and the most helpful person alive that I have known in my life. He has been there taking care of me day in and day out. I am very blessed to have him. Without him I don't think I would have made this decision. But the last question of all is: after all this pain and discomfort: was this worthy????? YES!!! I am so happy that I did it !!!

3 months post surgery

Here I was wearing silicone strips. My swollen stomach had gone down a little bit more. 3 months later I was finally seen motivating results. I started going for small walks. (I cant remember every single detail anymore). I could not stand up straight and at nights I would look like pregnant......again.....hahaha....

7 months after surgery

This is me right now at 7 months after my surgery and I feel sooooo great!!!!!!
I can wear almost anything. Now I enjoy going shopping for new clothes. I have not lost any weight but I can work out now and I feel motivated to do so. I do zumba, I can run a little bit more every day, I can walk straight, and my husband likes me even more now ;-).....At this point I just continue to work out and try to be healthy and grateful to God who has been taking care of me every minute during this journey.
I will continue to post more pictures as soon as I take some more. If I can be of any help for anyone please send me a private message and I will be very happy to help. My R.S sisters God bless you all!!!

Some new Pictures 16 months later!!!

Some pictures showing my results 16 months later. I took some with my scar. God Bless!!!
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Khalifeh is very caring and personable. I specially appreciate the time he takes with me each visit to listen and answer all of my questions. He is a true believer in his craft; a very talented, gifted individual who knows what he is doing. It is truly hard to find someone you can trust for this type or any type of surgery. It goes along with saying that each member of his staff is very courteous and helpful. Georgette and Adrianne are simply awesome. Absolutely surpassed my expectations and continue to provide with excellence in care and attention.