Journey to Flat Abs - Chevy Chase, MD

I am a 41 year old mother of a 4 year old son and...

I am a 41 year old mother of a 4 year old son and during my pregnancy I gained a lot of weight. So much so that I was left with a lot of abdominal loose skin and stretch marks. After years of trying to work out to flatten my stomach, I finally decided to go for a tummy tuck. My initial consult was scheduled for June 4, 2012. I had a lot of my initial questions answered and I left the office feeling really good about my decision to go through with the procedure. As the date approaches, I am feeling mixed emotions. Excited one day and scared the next. I invite you to share my journey and cheer me on through this process! I am looking forward to having six pack abs in the next few months.

I can relate to the excitement and then being scared! The emotions of just waiting for the surgery date are crazy:) I still have 7 weeks to go! Stay positive and keep thinking about that six pack.....I cannot even imagine myself with a flat belly:)

It's 27 days before my tummy tuck and today I...

It's 27 days before my tummy tuck and today I scheduled my pre-op examination. It is scheduled for August 1st.
I'm still really excited about the procedure, but also a little scared. I'm praying that everything works out well and I have a quick and not very painful recovery.
Hey August 1st buddy!!! Yay! We're so close!! GoodLuck! I'll be praying for you!! We will look great!!!
Hi,
Just had my pre-op. I'm on for Aug 27th!
Thanks rrichardson612! When I feel the fear I try to think about how great I will look in my bikinis!
What's the date of your surgery?

Tomorrow is August 1st, so let the countdown...

Tomorrow is August 1st, so let the countdown begin! My pre-op appointment is scheduled for tomorrow at 12:45pm and my surgery is scheduled for Thursday, August 16th at 7:00am. Only 16 more days before I have flat abs again!

Hi Everyone! Yesterday I went in for my pre-op...

Hi Everyone!
Yesterday I went in for my pre-op work and they also pre-admitted me into the hospital for my procedure.
Today I am exactly 2 weeks away from my date and I am excited. Tomorrow I will probably be nervous. And Saturday I will be scared. LOL.
I just spoke with my Treatment Coordinator at my Surgeon's office and I am all set. Payment has been made and I even have my follow up appointment scheduled for Wednesday, August 22nd.
Just think ladies...2 weeks from now this time, I should be or almost be on the flat side. My surgery is scheduled for 7:30AM and they said it should only take about 3 hours.
I'm praying for all my fellow Tummy Tuckers this month and wishing for everyone a speedy recovery!
I am retarded - why did I think your surgery was August 1? LOL! GL Hon - you will do great! It is seriously way easier than I anticipated! I just hope it continues that way!
Just saw this:) Surgery day is August 31st! Hope all is well!

The clock is ticking down. I'm only 2 days away...

The clock is ticking down. I'm only 2 days away from my surgery and my nerves are shot. I am praying that everything goes well and that the pain afterwards is bearable.
Please keep me in your prayers. Thanks!

So it's a little after midnight and my TT is...

So it's a little after midnight and my TT is officially TODAY! I'm scheduled for 7:30AM and I have to be at the hospital by 6:00AM. This means I have to wake up at 4:30AM. I really should be sleep right now but I can't fall asleep! LOL.
Anyway...thanks to all of you for your suppport through this journey so far. I am praying for a successful surgery and an easy recovery. I will update everyone as soon as I can tomorrow.
Check out my before pictures which I have just added. Recovery pictures to come...
One more sleep!!!

Hi Everyone. I have made it to the flat...

Hi Everyone.
I have made it to the flat side!!
My surgery took place at 7:30AM this morning and I first woke up in recovery around 10:15AM. My doctor said everything went well and I will be very happy with my results.

I am very happy to report that so far I have had no nausea and no major pain. When I first woke up, I felt some burning along the incision but that quickly went away once they gave me my pain meds. I also enjoyed a lovely brunch of saltine crackers and ginger ale.
At one point I felt really, really hot. My mother had to fan me and the nurses said it could be a sign of nausea coming so they gave me nausea meds to stop it before it happened. This medication knocked me out.

Since I've been home I have been resting comfortably and have been sleeping most of the day. It's crazy...one minute I am wide awake and the next second I'm knocked out sleep. In all honesty I feel really good and I have had no problems walking to the bathroom. I think I probably don't have a lot of pain because at the start of my surgery, my doctor said he injected meds to numb the area. He said the numbers medication would last 12-18 hours. That along with the pain meds has kept the pain away. I'm praying that any pain continues to be minimal in the coming days.

I feel sleep coming on again so I am going to end this now. I have attached a picture but you really can't see much because I have on a black compression garment. All you really see are my drains. Sorry that the pic is a little fuzzy. Did it with my whack BlackBerry which takes horrible pictures. Will do some better ones tomorrow with my iPad.

Happy Healing to all the ladies on the flat side and prayers and blessings to those scheduled for tomorrow and in the future.
Ms. Rover..glad your recovering well....hope you're feeling a lot better the 22nd is my day can't wait!! Happy Healing.
I have been trying to find a few ppl with around the same time as me. I went in Friday the 17th so you and I are close time wise. I will keep up with your posts, and feel free to keep up with mine, maybe we can get advice from each other! Thanks and good luck and happy healing!
I wish you well and get plenty of rest. I am waiting on my date

7 DAYS POST OP Hi Everyone. I have been...

7 DAYS POST OP
Hi Everyone.
I have been recovering for a week now and I feel terrific.
My pain since the surgery has been very minimal. As a matter of fact, I haven't needed to take a pain pill since this past Sunday.
Yesterday I had my follow up with my doctor and he said that I was healing well and walking well. He removed the right drain but the left one remains. He didn't want to take both out since there was still a little drainage still. Hopefully I can get the left one removed on Friday.

I have been very happy and surprised with my recovery. I've only experienced some soreness when moving about and some soreness in my back from walking slightly bent over. My doctor advised that I can walk straight if I feel I can, and I do.
There is still a lot of swelling so it's difficult to see optimal results.
I am going to try and post some new pictures later today.

Happy healing to everyone!
Hi MrsRover, Just stopping by to follow up on ya..sounds like your recovering well so glad to hear that. I'm 5days PO and feeling pretty good myself..like you I can stand somewhat straight and I do but my body also knows and tells me when I need to rest so back to the recliner I go..Anyway..Glad you're feeling well! Blessings!!
Hi Alexandra!
I pray all went well yesterday. I will look for your updates!
Will do sicilainprincess.
Praying that you are recivering well!

33 Days Post-op My apologies everyone!!! I...

33 Days Post-op

My apologies everyone!!! I have been so busy since I've been back at work and the fall sememster started in school.
I've been meaning to update everyone on my journey but life has gotten in the way. I promised myself today that I would update everyone and add the pics I took at day 16 post op.

All has been well and I am continuing to heal everyday. Most of the muscle soreness is fading and it no longer hurts like heck to sneeze. I still feel some soreness in the muscle from time to time when I am moving about too much, but otherwise all is well and I am very happy with my results.
I will be taking more pictures this weekend and will upload those as well.

I promise not to take so long between my posts anymore.
I hope that all my fellow tummy tuckers are all doing well!
I am so grateful to you for your story. I go July 10th 2013 for my surgery in Orlando and I am scared!
Nice results!