Smartlipo - Flanks - Chevy Chase, MD

I am set to get smartlipo on Friday, 4/16. Judging...

I am set to get smartlipo on Friday, 4/16. Judging by the prices of those getting multiple areas done, I think that I may be paying a bit much. However, that being said, I am very happy with the doctor I chose. Although I have yet to see the product of his work, he is very well qualified on paper. At the consultation, I felt completely at ease as he took his time explaining everything to me and answering my million questions.

I'm getting sooooo nervous. I hope I don't end up lumpy like some people have complained about. My threshold for pain is pretty high, as I am clumsy and often injure myself, so I am used to it...LOL. I'm more concerned about the lumps. Those that have gotten them, how long does it take to go away? Is there anything I can do pre-op or post-op to minimize my chances?

Just keep massaging the areas you had done. Thats what my dr told me to do and I have no lumps. He also recommended hot stone massages.

POST OP: So, it's the day after my procedure...

POST OP:

So, it's the day after my procedure and I feel MUCH better than I did yesterday.  After the procedure, I was warned of leakage, but had NO idea it would be so much.  I had a hotel room next to the doctors office.  After I was done there, the nurse walked me to my hotel.  Silly me, I wore grey sweats.  BAD IDEA. I should have wore black.  Luckily, I had a jacket to wrap around my waist.

I was unable to eat anything for the first day.  Not because the doc told me not too, infact, he said to keep it light.  I just couldn't even keep water down.

After the meds wore off, I was in excruciating pain.  It hurt most when I got out of bed.  It didn't help that I was in the room alone and couldn't get help.  I didn't want to take another pill until I was ready to go to bed.  It helped a lot to walk around, which I had no problem doing albeit it was more like waddling.

This morning, I woke up with less pain, and the leaking is down to a minimal amount.  I was able to take my compression garment off and take a shower.  THAT WAS THE BEST PART!!  Putting the garment back on wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I went to see my doc about getting some gauze and to just be able to walk in the sun for a bit after being stuck in a hotel room the day before.  I didn't have an appointment, but he made sure to check my incisions and the garment and just my progress in general.  And he didn't even rush.  I am sooooo pleased I went with his practice.

Now I am home and the pain is starting to increase.  Time to take a pill.

I have an appointment with the doc next week and will keep posting as I come across any situations worth posting about.

You are still swollen..be patient and give it more time. I am 3+ months post op and still seeing some of the uneveness go down.
Guys, I have a question. Just got my flanks and hips done and the left side seems to have an INDENTATION on it, the right does not. Did he take too much out? I don't know what to say or think? I am definetly not proportioned. I know I am 2ns post op but really nervous. Did you guys have this issue? Kindly advise.
great to hear you are recovering well. i live in the dc area and i am researching docs to treat my upper arms. i am curious as to the cost of the procedure- as well as if the initial consultation has a fee, as i know that some docs charge. i would also like to see some pictures if you wouldnt mind! keep the updates coming :)

I love his work so much, I went back for a couple...

I love his work so much, I went back for a couple of more procedures. Still getting the same excellent service.

Hey, I am going to be going with this doctor in June and I was wondering if you have any before and adter pictures... I am soooo nervous..
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

My Doc has the best bed-side manner. He doesn't rush you and really makes you feel comfortable. I never felt pressured into the procedure. Nor did he try to sell me on getting other area's done. I have not had the procedure done yet, but I am confident that everything will go smoothly. His office staff are also very friendly. They are very personable and are able to answer most questions. If not, they are very quick in getting replies back from the doctor.