Severe Pain During Procedure and Post Op Recovery Not Accurate - Chevy Chase, MD

I had the Smart Lipo done on my inner and outer...

I had the Smart Lipo done on my inner and outer thighs. I don't know what the results are yet since it has been only 6 days. However I have a high pain tolerance and thought the surgery wasn't going to be so painful. It was awful!! They gave me Vicodin and Valium prior but I could barely tolerate the procedure. I wish I had been sedated during it. I felt the doctor and staff there minimized the surgery and I was not prepared for what it was really like. It has been 6 days and the pain is so bad I can barely walk or sit down without horrible pain. I was told I could go back to work in 2 -3 days and take a walk that night. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!! I was suppose to get my flanks done in the future but will not do this ever again. Cool sculpting is the better way to go for abdominal and flank area.

did they not give any local anesthesia? and use the numbing fluid first? i had my flanks done and was only in light pain for at most 3 or 4 days had my tummy done yesterday and the only pain i have is when i get up from lying down. i would possibly look for a board certified surgeon if you wish to have your flanks done, i did not feel any real pain during my surgery
I wish I had taken before pics but I didn't even think about it until after. Do you know if Dr. khalifeh would give me my before and after pics if I ask him? I agree with you, about seeing the fat that has come out after and seeing the results sooner. I went today for my 2 week post op and he said everything is good. I am happy with what I see so far. He also said it's not common for his patients to have as much pain as I had for a week. I guess I a big wimp lol. He is a great doctor!
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

The staff was very disorganized and rescheduled me 3 times after I had all the arrangements made with work etc. On a positive Dr. Khalifeh was kind and professional.