Severe Pain During Procedure and Post Op Recovery Not Accurate - Chevy Chase, MD

I had the Smart Lipo done on my inner and outer...

I had the Smart Lipo done on my inner and outer thighs. I don't know what the results are yet since it has been only 6 days. However I have a high pain tolerance and thought the surgery wasn't going to be so painful. It was awful!! They gave me Vicodin and Valium prior but I could barely tolerate the procedure. I wish I had been sedated during it. I felt the doctor and staff there minimized the surgery and I was not prepared for what it was really like. It has been 6 days and the pain is so bad I can barely walk or sit down without horrible pain. I was told I could go back to work in 2 -3 days and take a walk that night. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!! I was suppose to get my flanks done in the future but will not do this ever again. Cool sculpting is the better way to go for abdominal and flank area.

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

The staff was very disorganized and rescheduled me 3 times after I had all the arrangements made with work etc. On a positive Dr. Khalifeh was kind and professional.

did they not give any local anesthesia? and use the numbing fluid first? i had my flanks done and was only in light pain for at most 3 or 4 days had my tummy done yesterday and the only pain i have is when i get up from lying down. i would possibly look for a board certified surgeon if you wish to have your flanks done, i did not feel any real pain during my surgery
I wish I had taken before pics but I didn't even think about it until after. Do you know if Dr. khalifeh would give me my before and after pics if I ask him? I agree with you, about seeing the fat that has come out after and seeing the results sooner. I went today for my 2 week post op and he said everything is good. I am happy with what I see so far. He also said it's not common for his patients to have as much pain as I had for a week. I guess I a big wimp lol. He is a great doctor!
im sure they will be fine giving you the photos i got mine with no issues
Hi, I also got my procedure done with Dr. Khalifeh. I agree that its more painful than they told me but I can't be happier with my results. I think you will be too.
That is encouraging to hear! Thank you! How long did it take until you didn't have pain anymore?
It took me 5 days to walk like a normal person but now it's the 9th day I'm 90% back to normal. Aren't you happy w the result though?
I am very happy with my results and it has only been 12 days. I really want to get my flanks done but I don't know if I can do it, considering all the pain I had with getting my thighs done. At least now I know what to expect. I think it would have been a better experience if I had been more informed and prepared for the pain and recovery.
i got my flanks done and my abs done and put fat back to my back. you can check my post to see the results. Dr. offered to do the fat transfer for free. it hurt as hell but now i look amazing. I am a small person to begin with and didnt think I had much flanks, but the Dr. took 1800 cc out in total. I am amazed and thrilled. It hurts though, but only for a couple hours. I cant wait to go back to the doctor to get something else fixed. haha. call me crazy.
I was thinking the same thing lol. I can see now how people can get addicted to it lol. I think I'm going to get coolsculpting done on my flanks. I had it done on my stomach and I lost 3 inches. I was very happy with the results. I would have had it done on my thighs if they could do it there. I did have 3 treatments which cost around 1,800 ( 600) each area. It took 2hrs for each treatment and I could read, watch movies etc. It was painful for the first 10 min and then I was comfortable. The pain was nothing compared to laser lipo. The other positive things are, when it's over there is no pain, no restrictions. It's like nothing was ever done. It takes 2 months to see results, but because it's a gradual loss I didn't have loose skin in that area after. It is a great alternative to Laser lipo.
I heard mixed things about cool sculpting. But what I loved about smart Lipo is that I can see bottles of fat being sucked out of my body. It was painful but I was happy to see the visual result:D Would you like to share before and after pics?