Muffintop No More? - Chevy Chase, MD

Pain free procedure. Loved my doctor. Did it...

Pain free procedure. Loved my doctor. Did it because I work out regularly and eat right but just couldn't seem to get rid of my muffin top and some fat around my belly button.

Pro's-not going under, less invasive,easy recovery.

Con? Not sure if there is one yet! We'll see... still in my garment... but can already tell the lumps above my waist are gone!

I feel the need to weigh in briefly. I appreciate all the comments and totally understand the concern about results. I think most of us strive to get the best result the first time out and certainly, on occasion, the healing process can be slower than expected. That being said, I am always open to readdressing an area if its not where we want it to be. Unfortunately I have seen the other side of the coin as well when patients treated elsewhere have been over resected and or worse and are now in need of more challenging treatment. In agreement with Sharon, when we do Smartlipo I show patients the fat we removed to get an idea of how much we took and what sort of volume fat takes up. I will be optimistic that our patient's outcome will continue to improve and will be looking forward to our next visit.
Just posted my approx. one month mark photos... I thought they looked ok, but now that I look at them on here, if I were you, I'd be thinking... not much difference... Really hope I see some more improvements over the next couple of weeks... I haven't seen/read about anyone else having this issue on here.. Have you Sharon? If so, can you direct me to them so I can chat with them on here?

Sorry, I just saw this. The reason we hear a lot (from doctors usually, but sometimes from patients too) is that it's swelling. As long as the doctor actually removed the fat, it's gone. It's just been replaced by fluid and swelling instead, which is why results sometimes take a while to show up. The best thing is to keep taking photos (or measurements) so you can see your real results over time. You might not notice from one day to the next, since you see yourself every day.

There are a few forum threads where others have discused swelling and that sort of thing:

How soon do you see results with Smart Lipo?

Did you continue to see results 5 weeks after Smart Lipo?

Hope this helps! Please keep us posted.

I can honestly say after now about 4 months I am...

I can honestly say after now about 4 months I am completely satisfied! My doctor offered to see me again in 2 mos and see how I feel, but I am leaning towards total satisfaction. Thanks Dr. Brown! You are the best!

SO, I hit my 6 mos. mark and am mostly satisfied with my surgery. I feel better in my clothes-not so lumpy, pants fit better due to my waist and flanks shrinking a little. If that was the end of it, I'd have said, it was expensive, but I'm glad I did it, and I'm mostly satisfied. I love this practice. They have been nothing but professional and easy to talk my concerns out with. Going into the procedure you are told if you still feel you need a little adjustments they will go back in and remove more fat cells or even things out. I've opted to go ahead for round 2, but again,if it wasn't an option I'd feel still very good about the whole procedure.
One thing people need to know going into this is that it really does take just about the full 6 mos. to see the final result.
Posting my 6 mos. pics before my final procedure.

Nice pics. You look great! I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Very friendly- made me feel at ease when I indicated I was a bit nervous.I will add photos when I can take off the garment and the swelling goes down...I'm almost 2 weeks out and I barely notice a difference. I'll get some photos up and then we'll see what you think!