Been Considering Rhinoplasty for Years and Would Really Love Feedback! - Chevy Chase, MD

I have literally been wanting a nose job since I...

I have literally been wanting a nose job since I was about 13 years old and realized the Italian nose my parents had blessed me with. I have been teased and bullied about it since.. even now to this day I have had two ex boyfriends who at the heat of the breakup couldn't help but make comments that have a "big nose". Makes sense since one I dated for 5 years, the other for a year (eye roll). Guess that's what happens when someone gets to know you and knows your insecurities. Regardless, this is something I know that I want to do, and is necessary for me to do. I just really want feedback on doctors in the Washington D.C. or even Baltimore area that people have been satisfied with. Its hard to believe all the comments on sites when they don't include pictures and this couldn't be a more important surgery. You can hide a bad boob job.. but not the middle of your face. I would much rather pay a little more the first time then have to go thorough a horrible surgery or continuous surgeries. I finally have the money to do this and feel like I have waited 10 years to do this and it has never left my mind.

When I first moved to D.C 3 years ago I went and had a free consultation with a doctor that is a specialist on noses. I think that in the end I will still go with him but I really want to know about other doctors and other peoples experiences.

Hi. Well, i think you are cute, not just for saying, but i think you are. But i do understand that you can feel the need to go trough a nose job, because that will make you feel better with yoursel and more confident. I advise you to do it, if you can aford it, but in a very good professional. If it will improve your allready cute looks, than you will probabily be gorgeous. Take it from a guy that acording to women is ''handsome'' but with a big nose. Yes indeed :) But i don't care :)
i'm so sorry those guys were sob's your really pretty and i know how it feels to not like your nose your gonna look great once you do it...........

I love your hair and think you look like Debra Messing! I agree with what another commenter said, though. If it bothers you a lot, do it now and enjoy! I did it at 27 and am SO glad I didn't wait until my 30s or 40s. I've had two decades to feel liberated. :)

Here's a list of questions to ask at your consultations. Please let us know how it's going!

I have no recommendations because I don't live in the US, but as a woman who endured at big nose until 45, I say go for it while you are young......it will be one of the best decisions you make. All the best!!!
i was bullied for almost 15 years by my brother and he has always called me names- even now I am 26! I have has two failed rhinoplasties, and wish I had just loved myself more in the first place. Your exes are wastes of space, believe me you are beautiful and I dont think you need surgery love yourself and your heritage! You are stunning xx
I am sorry to hear your surgeries did not go well :( you are ao sweet though thank you for the kind words !!!
Anyone heard of Dr Nadiri in the DC area for Rhinoplasty? Any info on his results other than what I can see on his site? grace60
I would love to hear feedback on him!
All those ex boyfriends can stick it!!! Definitely consult with some doctors and get some opinions. I can see you taking down your profile a bit but the front fits your face. I will follow your thread.
Thank you thank you! The tip is really what I want refined the most. I don't have any major bumps it's just so big compared to my eyes and lips :/
I don't know of any doctors in that area. I personally like your nose and think it fits well with your face! But I understand wanting to change it. Ditto to what Ali said - do a bunch of research. Even if you find a doc you like, it's still good to see others, just to hear different perspectives. There's no need to rush the process. Are you willing to travel?
I would love to travel to a doctor That has amazing reviews but I just don't really have anyone that could take off work for a week and to travel to just sit In a hotel with me. Have you have the surgery?
Heard fantastic things about Dr. Boahene. He's got excellent credentials. He does a lot of facial reconstruction for not only rhinoplasty but also things like cleft lip/palette , tumors, facial deformities. It took me 5 consultations before I chose my doctor. Take your time, do your research, and definitely see multiple doctors. Best of luck with your decision!
I will definitely check him out, thank you for the referral :) I had not heard of him yet. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing !
You are so pretty! I feel your pain completely about the nose though. I had my big French nose fixed about six months ago and couldn't be happier!
Thank you, you are so sweet! I'm glad to hear how happy you are with it, especially with half of year down. Did you have a lot of swelling?
No! Actually I didn't even develope full blown black eyes! They were only yellow. I drank tons and tons of pineapple juice and it really worked!