20 Something Year Old Seeking Better Defined Bridge - Chevy Chase, MD

Hello everyone. I am both excited and terrified to...

Hello everyone. I am both excited and terrified to be starting this journey. After years and years of researching this procedure, I am finally ready to move forward and get this done. I would like to do a Rhinoplasty to build my bridge and narrow the tip. I actually like my nose, it's not a big nose but when I smile it gets a bit wide and makes my already round face look puffy. My goal is to achieve an all round natural look.

I need help picking a doctor, so far I have narrowed it down to Dr. Kofi Boahene, Dr. Shah and Dr. Anil Shah. I have had a consult with Dr. Boahene and I absolutely adore him. I feel comfortable with him and trust that he can give me what I want. But he is a bit on the pricey side. I have yet to have my consult with Dr. Shah but I've heard his pricing is considerably less.

Please let me know of other surgeons I should consider. Thanks y'all.

Posting my before pictures

Here are my before pictures.

have you decided on a doctor yet? i had surgery with dr boahene. i just have to tell you that if you do decide to go with him, tell him EXACTLY what you want because he gives you what you want, and he only changes what you tell him you don't like about your nose (this is a question he asks every patient). i wanted subtle rhinoplasty and i got it and now i want a revision because i feel it is too subtle and i had a bulbous nose which is more difficult to show definition. i will post my pictures by next month. do more research on anil shah, then make up your mind. good luck. your nose is much better than mine was pre op.
Hi Bellenez, thank you so much for your comment! That really helps me a lot, I will have to get really specific as far as what I am looking for. I was going to leave it up to him to decide what will be aesthetically pleasing but I will have to go in with my own notes. It's tough too because I want a subtle, natural look but I also want a drastic definition and size reduction that will enhance the natural curves of my face. I'm curious, is he charging you to do a revision? This surgery will cost around 12k and if I'm not satisfied with the outcome, I want to make sure he'll be willing to work with me on it. Also how was your recovery?
Please post a much better view of your nose so we can see, before and after the surgery
I'm going with Shah for my rhino + chin augmentation, and although I have not set an appointment yet due to mine and my fiance's schedules, I'm hoping to get in within the next month. I will keep my blog updated (it's sort of cluttered) and I'm considering writing a less lengthy, secondary review once my procedure is done, so go ahead and check it out on occasion if you'd like! I went with Shah because he's just as good as the expensive guys in Cali, but considerably less expensive. I don't know why he doesn't cost as much, but it surely is refreshing to know there's doctors out there who aren't in it just for the money! I would have gone with Grigoryants or Denenberg, but they both quoted me roughly $13k for both procedures. Yikes. Good luck in your endeavors
Hi MissBekka thank you for your comment. I will be following your progress. I have a consult coming up with Dr. Shah soon and I am looking forward to speaking with him. I narrowed it down to him and Dr. Boahene as during my research for african american rhinoplasty, both their names came up quite a bit with very positive reviews. I've had a consult with Dr. Boahene and I felt really comfortable with him, he spoke very passionately about the procedure and seems very knowledgeable. His price is a bit steep, I won't lie but this is a very important surgery for me and I want to make sure it's done right. From speaking with Dr. Shah's assistants, his price is a lot less so that's a big plus. However, I've read from certain reviews that his office makes you sign a waiver against leaving negative feedback. That worries me a bit, so I'll be sure to bring that up during my consult.
I've never heard of that! Let me know what he says about that waiver, and good luck to you!
You must be aware that there is no such title as African American Rhinoplasty, this is just a phrase use to entice blacks. If you are a good and skillful surgeon you should be able to work on any nose: broad, narrow, thick, thin, damage, and whatever.
I disagree. From reading the posts on this site for the past four years, it seems that some doctors are better at sculpting African American noses than others.
surgeon who works a white noses should be able to work on a black noses. some noses are flat, wide, big long, some with thick skin and thin skin. I agree that black noses are flatter with thick skin therefore the surgeon has to be a skillful one. There are better doctors than other period.!!
surgeon who works on white noses should be able to work on black noses. some noses are flat, wide, big long, some with thick skin and thin skin. I agree that black noses are flatter with thick skin therefore the surgeon has to be a skillful one. There are better doctors than other period.!!
Tasia I really hope this doesn't turn into a race-motivated conversation. Please lets stay on subject. I state 'African American' rhinoplasty for the simple reason that I prefer a surgeon who has experience dealing with a nose of my size, shape, thickness and potential scarring concerns. In addition, I want a surgeon that understands my aesthetic vision and won't try to give me a white nose or make me look like something I am not. The surgeon does not have to be 'African American' but he/she has to have had experience working on black noses with great outcomes. The matter of fact is that our concerns are different from a traditional caucasian patient. Period.
Can you post a picture of your nose?
Hi Foxy, I have added my pictures. Thx!