After wanting to have a breast reduction and lift...

After wanting to have a breast reduction and lift for many years, I finally decided to do it. I made up my mind in January 2014. My surgery date was March 21, 2014. I am writing my first review the day after, March 22. I am up on my laptop, doing some work and writing this review on this website. I've only taken pain meds yesterday after surgery. Today, I have decided to just try over the counter pain medication. The subscription meds make me feel really dizzy.

I have been wearing a size 34DD for about 10 years, due to having kids and my breasts becoming enlarged. I tried wired, supportive and minimizers for years. None of them seemed to work. My back would always be in pain and clothes just not fitting properly.

This is just day 1-post-op. I feel pretty good, I have the surgical bra on and have not really looked at my breast as there is still soreness and some pain. Further, I don't want touch any of the surgical strips. I plan to ice the area for the rest of the day to see if it helps with swelling. The quick examination I gave myself, rendering much smaller breasts but I wont be able to see them without the surgical bra for 3 more days as my doctor instructed me to keep on until then.

So far everything is good. I will log back on to provide the after pictures which I hope to be improved, smaller breasts. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pictures 2 days post-op

I still have bandages. I will update pics after bandages are removed.

You are looking great! I am excited for you. It truly has been life changing for me.
Thank you so much. I saw your review and they look great too. I didn't want to keep much so I think I am a B size but so thankful for relief...
looking good! Congrats.. things will only get better from here!

4 days post-op pics

Here are my pics on day 4, sorry for the residue from the bandages but didn't want to wash area too hard. I noticed one nipple is higher than the other, hope this will even out. Fingers crossed.

You look great! Did you have an anchor or lolipop incision done?
It was an anchor incision.
Did you have a lollipop or anchor incision performed?

Update: 1 week, 2 days post-op

My surgical tape is still on so I will let it stay on until it falls off, I am still wearing the surgical bra. They are still healing and taking shape. No pain or discomfort. Can't wait to see them without the tape. I've already gone bra shopping and I seem to be a 34B on the small side. Not sure if they'll get smaller but I'm very satisfied.

look wonderful, your final shape and size around 4 months so only wire free bras just now
Thanks so much!

Extremely happy - 2 weeks post-op

Today marks 2 weeks post-op. I have started scar therapy using silicone strips on my scars, which I wear 24 hours per day. They are washable, so I will clean them every few days but use new strips while I allow the other strips to dry. I have the clear silicone strips around my areola. My breasts continue to take shape. So thankful!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

3 weeks post-op pics

I'm still wearing scar treatment sheets but getting better with each passing day.

Congratulations they look great
Thanks, one side is higher but hopefully when they settle it will even out.

3 weeks post-op without bandages

So I took a break for just a day from using the silicone strips. I still have some bulge underneath one breast, which hopefully will work itself out. Good thing is, I don't have to wear bra when I'm feeling brave.

Congratulations! You look amazing! We had surgery on the same day and I seem to be futher behind on the road to recovery. I haven't started silicone gel treatment yet my surgeon said week 6. Your shape and size really suit your frame, my girls are bigger as im a bigger girl and at the moment im constantly aware of them. Very happy for you :-)

5 weeks post-op

I've been wearing tape for the past 2 weeks, switching up from the silicon therapy. Still healing and feeling better every day. Love the way my clothes fit now. Can't wait for summer?

You look amazing and have healed so well. Congrats on taking the step :-D
Thanks Kayjay82, I've been using the surgical tape lately which seems to help so much with the healing process.
Wow! Yours look great! I wish mine were small like that.

Wearing my super cute bralettes

Feels so good to put on bras with no wire. Totally enjoying my new look.

You look fantastic
Thank you!
you do look super cute, enjoy!!!!

2months post-op

So, I am healing well, still wearing the surgical tape. My PS would like to perform a revision due to my left side being a bit lower than the right side, I'm scheduled for June 25. I'm told it will not require anesthesia. Thankful for that! Otherwise everything is going well. I get to wear beautiful tops, I've been so excited about this, no restrictions on strapless clothing any longer. So delightful.

Your results are breathtaking!!!! I have my consult this afternoon...I would take your boobs as "the ones I want!" I'm 5'7" and a 34DDD/36DD. US Size 10.....do you mind me asking what approximate size you are? That helps me with proportions.
Sorry for the delayed response. We are close in size, I am 5'7' and a half. My bra size before surgery was 34 DDD and I am a size 8. So the results after surgery fit me perfectly. I am so happy and free now. Best decision I made. My top made me look bigger than I actually was because they were disproportionate with my body. Now it's a perfect fit.
You look fantastic! They look like you were born with them! I understand why you are doing a revision, what great doctor to care enough to do it, but even if you didn't revise, you look great. You have healed so nicely, worth every penny!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Singh is a very skilled, professional plastic surgeon. I have been seeing him for at least a year now and selected him to perform my breast reduction because I knew my results would be incredible. I am very pleased. He one of the best surgeons in the DC Metro area.