41 Year Old Mom, Breast Reduction and Lift - Chevy Chase, MD

After wanting to have a breast reduction and lift...

After wanting to have a breast reduction and lift for many years, I finally decided to do it. I made up my mind in January 2014. My surgery date was March 21, 2014. I am writing my first review the day after, March 22. I am up on my laptop, doing some work and writing this review on this website. I've only taken pain meds yesterday after surgery. Today, I have decided to just try over the counter pain medication. The subscription meds make me feel really dizzy.

I have been wearing a size 34DD for about 10 years, due to having kids and my breasts becoming enlarged. I tried wired, supportive and minimizers for years. None of them seemed to work. My back would always be in pain and clothes just not fitting properly.

This is just day 1-post-op. I feel pretty good, I have the surgical bra on and have not really looked at my breast as there is still soreness and some pain. Further, I don't want touch any of the surgical strips. I plan to ice the area for the rest of the day to see if it helps with swelling. The quick examination I gave myself, rendering much smaller breasts but I wont be able to see them without the surgical bra for 3 more days as my doctor instructed me to keep on until then.

So far everything is good. I will log back on to provide the after pictures which I hope to be improved, smaller breasts. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Pictures 2 days post-op

I still have bandages. I will update pics after bandages are removed.

4 days post-op pics

Here are my pics on day 4, sorry for the residue from the bandages but didn't want to wash area too hard. I noticed one nipple is higher than the other, hope this will even out. Fingers crossed.

Update: 1 week, 2 days post-op

My surgical tape is still on so I will let it stay on until it falls off, I am still wearing the surgical bra. They are still healing and taking shape. No pain or discomfort. Can't wait to see them without the tape. I've already gone bra shopping and I seem to be a 34B on the small side. Not sure if they'll get smaller but I'm very satisfied.

Extremely happy - 2 weeks post-op

Today marks 2 weeks post-op. I have started scar therapy using silicone strips on my scars, which I wear 24 hours per day. They are washable, so I will clean them every few days but use new strips while I allow the other strips to dry. I have the clear silicone strips around my areola. My breasts continue to take shape. So thankful!

3 weeks post-op pics

I'm still wearing scar treatment sheets but getting better with each passing day.

3 weeks post-op without bandages

So I took a break for just a day from using the silicone strips. I still have some bulge underneath one breast, which hopefully will work itself out. Good thing is, I don't have to wear bra when I'm feeling brave.

5 weeks post-op

I've been wearing tape for the past 2 weeks, switching up from the silicon therapy. Still healing and feeling better every day. Love the way my clothes fit now. Can't wait for summer?

Wearing my super cute bralettes

Feels so good to put on bras with no wire. Totally enjoying my new look.

2months post-op

So, I am healing well, still wearing the surgical tape. My PS would like to perform a revision due to my left side being a bit lower than the right side, I'm scheduled for June 25. I'm told it will not require anesthesia. Thankful for that! Otherwise everything is going well. I get to wear beautiful tops, I've been so excited about this, no restrictions on strapless clothing any longer. So delightful.
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Singh is a very skilled, professional plastic surgeon. I have been seeing him for at least a year now and selected him to perform my breast reduction because I knew my results would be incredible. I am very pleased. He one of the best surgeons in the DC Metro area.