Need to Replace Front Tooth Crown - Cheshire, CT

I have my front 4 teeth crowns(had a bike accident...

I have my front 4 teeth crowns(had a bike accident years ago) last year my 3 year old head butted me and knocked one out! I took the opportunity to save and buy all 4 new ones because I never really loved the original ones anyway. It was a long, expensive,(out of pocket) experience. And last week my toddler (1yr old) knocked one of my brand new (year old) teeth out and even shattered the tooth nub underneath the crown!! So I have been to two dentists this week and both gave me a different opinion. One said the tooth is too broken to get a new crown and that I need a dental implant. And the other said a dental implant is too risky if my jaw bone is too thin and breaks or can't support it, so he suggested a crown with a longer post . I'm so confused but I'm going to spend the next week checking out different dentists (cosmetic ones) to see which one to get(what my options are) I hate mouth work, I'm very scared, but I need a tooth. Would love to hear suggestions.

Tooth extracted (response to question below) also

Hi so sorry that wasn't clear.
I had the tooth extracted yesterday and I have a flipper for now. I have 3 consult apts in the next two weeks. My only option now is a dental implant because the tooth is extracted. (Super scared) but what I was trying to say was that underneath the crown the natural tooth was broken so the dentist said I couldn't get another crown because the natural tooth that the crown would be screwed into was too broken and too small. So he said I need an implant (screwed into jawbone) then a crown gets placed over that. The way I understand this is that the only good thing about this option is that it's a little stronger thus more permanent than a crown that gets screwed into a natural filed down tooth because that way weakens over time which is why this prob happened so easily. But the other dentist said the natural tooth, although broken, still had enough solid tooth (under the gum, not visible to me) to screw a bigger (not sure if he meant longer or thicker) post into it. and go with just a crown, without implant. Just like what I had before. He thought this is the better option because he said there is risk with implant and it's best to always try to save the tooth if you can.
This is no longer an option for me though because I had the tooth extracted altogether. I feel that the implant is better because it's stronger and I'm really hoping that because of its strength this is less likely to happen again. I can't go through this again. I have had bad luck with teeth and boobs, lol. I suppose it can still happen though because I still have 3 other crowns. Ugh! I just didn't want to keep drilling into an already weak tooth. I hope I made the right choice.

I'm brave for putting this up, so embarrassing

Pic of my missing tooth and my flipper tooth which I think came out great! If only it weren't so uncomfortable!

Omg didn't load again

How do I delete the previous posts?

3 consults

Have been to 3 consults
More confused now as to who to go to. I just want it to look good.

Last stages of dental implant

Had the first 2 steps of dental implant done(implant & abutment) going wed to get impressions. Then I'll be fixed! What a long process! Worst thing I ever did was break my teeth!

I am at the end stages of this process but I am going to update my review the way I should have all throughout this process.

Ok so I had 3 consults and prices were all around the same only one guy who was the most expensive wanted to do bone grafting first but I didn't choose him because the other 2 said bone grafts weren't necassary. And I hate dental work. And want to be done with this as quick as possible. I went with a dr Michael wiener in west haven, ct. I had to wait for the extraction site to heal for a few months before I could even get the implant. Then the day of the implant I had to pay half(about 2k) I have been scared of this process all along. It must have aged me 10 years, it's all I think about. I must be a crazy person for doing this and boobs in the same time period. But I needed to get both done. And want to forget about them both. I hate mouth work and the implant process was awful but thankfully it was quick, maybe a half hour. He screwed a screw type thing in my jaw bone. He said bone grafts weren't neccesary. He does these things every day so I trusted him. Boy I hope he is right. Then after that day I had to wait a few months more for the dental implant to heal and intergrate with my bone. Thank god I was able to use my flipper through all this. I would never have left his office without a tooth. So last week I paid the other half and he opened up the implant site to add the abutment but paid special attention to my gums in the way he cut it open so I can hopefully make my permanant tooth look more real in the way it heals, by bringing the gum forward so the "root" of the implant doesn't show. Tomorrow I am going to do impressions for permanant tooth. Wish me luck! I really hope this goes well and that I can live the rest of my life without anymore trauma to these teeth!

So I'm done and the new tooth feels great. This has been the most traumatic experience of my life, I can't tell you how awful it feels to see yourself without a front tooth. You cant even imagine what it does to your self esteem. And to know your husband and kids saw you that way. I still can't believe that this is the problem that I have been faced with. I know almost everyone has something wrong but it upsets me so much that this is my issue. When you are missing a tooth birve me, everything you thought was important in life, no longer is. Having a tooth in the front of your mouth becone the only thing you can think about. I am so happy to not have to take out and put back the flipper. I have some concerns. First the dr said my gums will start to settle around the tooth and it will eventually not look longer than the others when the gums settle. The same with the tooth next to it. Those gums receided up a bit because of all the work. I really hope the gums come down a bit. Also I was surprised that the inside of the tooth was metal, it was of course covered in porcelain. But I was surprised that I wasnt given the option of all porcelain. I'm not even sure that it was a possibility. I really would like your thoughts on how these teeth look. Would you live with them? Or are there small changes you would make?
Michael Wiener, DDS