Vitalize Peel Was Gentle and Gave Subtle Results

I did a Vitalize peel last month. I have done very...

I did a Vitalize peel last month. I have done very light glycolic peels in the past, but this was definitely more of an actual "peel" than I had ever experienced.

The day of the peel I went to my dermatologists before work. They wiped me down with something as a prep and when I asked what it was she said it was acetone. She then wiped the series of solutions for the peel on my face. It didn't hurt at all. I don't remember any stinging or burning either.

Another lady at the office then put some mineral makeup on for me and a powder sunscreen. I left the office with the peel on, and was told I could wash it off with a mild cleanser (like Cetaphil) after 4 hours, but that it was fine to leave on longer if I needed to because it would self neutralize.

I headed to my office, got a very strange stare from our CEO as I walked through the door to which I replied "What? I got a chemical peel, that is why I'm orange!" I kept the peel on all day and didn't wash it off until I got home at about 7:30pm. The orange came off with the washing, so I'm not sure if it was the peel or the mineral makeup they put on me, but I was glad to have it gone.

My skin looked great on the second day with a tiny, tiny bit of peeling, and by the third day I looked like a snake. It was peeling off and was somewhat noticeable. I still met with clients, because I didn't think I looked awful, but it definitely looked like I could have benefited from a good exfoliation, haha!

Things were done peeling almost completely by the 6th day. There was a tiny bit left after that, but not much at all. My skin looked nice and I felt like it helped give it a little bit of a boost with reducing fine lines. I can definitely see how doing a series would be beneficial, but I don't want to go through the peeling process over and over. Its just kind of a hassle, and the peel isn't cheap. I'll probably do another one in a few months, sometime well before summer.

I definitely wouldn't say the results were drastic, so if you are expecting some huge change in your skin this probably will disappoint you, but if you just want a nice little brightening this will do the trick.

Peels were ok like you commented, I felt I was "sloughing" for weeks though. Although my skin may be a bit more sensitive it was definitely a down fall to me. If you like the maintenance of the peels but don't care for the after peeling you may want to try a Clear & Brilliant laser treatment. It is made by the company that makes Fraxel, takes like 10-15 min and you only need that day of downtime (you are red a little swollen). I have replaced my peels with this, it leaves your skin a bit sandpaper like for a few days but only noticeable close up and no peeling. It moderately helps my skin tone and texture and will supposedly help more as I get them more routinely.
Hi Megan, I'm using the at home Brazilian peel. Dr Oz recommended it and a friend suggested it . I've had 3 peels (tomorrow will be my 4th). I've been using the products for 3 weeks and I'm noticing a difference. Its helping my acne, whiteheads are easier to remove and acne dark marks are fading. A month supply of the acne peel is $45/anti aging $78. Boots No 7 has a peel which received the good housekeeping ward priced at $25 (I haven't tried this product but read great reviews).

I'm glad to hear you are seeing some good results!!

After seeing Dr. Oz pitch Velashape I'm super skeptical about any products they pitch. I kind of view it as an informative commercial, not that its necessarily bad information, it just seems heavily biased so I choose to check other sources as well.

The price seems good. Do you happen to know what the active ingredients are?