Rhinoplasty - Future Self - Chattanoga, TN

I have hated my nose since I was very little (I'm...

I have hated my nose since I was very little (I'm 27 now). I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Nease on December 28th and I am very excited. I submitted my pictures and got a quote over the phone, they just want me to come in for the consultation to be safe.

I am a previous patient of Southern Surgical Arts (I underwent breast augmentation, saline implants, earlier this year) and am very pleased with the results. Dr. Nease is board certified and I have read rave reviews on him. The only problem is that my husband is 100% AGAINST the idea of me getting a nose job. Oh well, it is my body and ultimately the choice is up to me. I have had to live with disliking my nose for years and having been teased for it in school, several photographs ruined because of it, having had to untag myself in candid pictures because I felt so embarassed.

My nose is the classic "Jewish nose", that a lot of women in my family got, except on top of it being long and extremely bulbous, it is also extremely crooked and appears to be tilted towards one side of my face. I feel that it is very masculine and de-feminizing and just doesnt fit my face. This is something I have wanted for a long time and I want to go for it! I realize I will probably lose a lot of "friends" and get a lot of flack from family and probably my spouse, but like I said, it is my choice, my happiness, and my decision!

Not going to go to the same people I had planned...

Not going to go to the same people I had planned on - they cancelled my consultation because I am pregnant and they said the cost could change because I will be going to have the surgery after the baby is born... Also they said I would have to wait 6 months to have the surgery... That is not true because the standard wait time is more like 3 months plus I am not breastfeeding, also I am not getting anything done below the neck. Many thanks would be given for any and all suggestions of good reputable board certified plastic surgeons who do rhinoplasty in TN, GA, and AL... was thinking about going to Dr Salzhauer in Miami until I read a horrifying review on him.

Previous patient

Your face is pretty feminine looking as it is, but I completely understand if you want all its features to harmonize. Essentially, what we all want is to have it done and move on with your lives - I wish you a well journey to that. Please keep us updated and do your research well!
Hello! I admire your spirit and focus very much! Those are such important qualities - you're lucky! You do have a really feminine face with almost delicate features, so if your goal is to have a nose that harmonizes, I totally understand. I wish you luck, and I'll be watching your story and rooting you on!

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! How did your consultation go?

Angie, I didn't have my consultation... the place I had one with called and cancelled my appointment because I was pregnant, and they told me that the quote would not stay the same when I went in to get my surgery.. They also told me I would have to wait about 6 months after I had my baby to get the surgery, which all in all the whole conversation left a bad taste in my mouth with them and I have decided to pursue other options. I have been contacting people as far as Miami - Dr. Salzhauer and Dr. Richard Davis, to name a few and trying to get online quotes from them. I know I'll be spending more money but I just can't find anyone else that I would let touch my nose here in the South :(