38 Year Old, Can't wait to get chin implant to improve profile - Chattanooga, TN

I've envied great chins since high school, and...

I've envied great chins since high school, and always thought that guys who had great jaw and chin lines had an edge. I even had girls dump me for my brother because he was cuter (with a strong chin of course). I've finally decided to go for it and get a chin implant. I'm really excited...and nervous about what people will say, but I can't wait. After seeing all the great results on here I think my confidence will get a big boost!

More pre-op pics

More pics before surgery

My lucky brother

Here is a pic of my brother who got a great chin. Hoping to get my own! LOL

Four Days away

Excited, only four days away. Keep reading stories on here of awesome outcomes, can't wait to have my own.

Day before

Kinda scared, and really excited. Cant wait to see the result, not looking forward to the soreness :(. Will post again soon!

Back home!

Just got home from surgery, it's pretty taped up but I can generally see the new profile and I'm very happy! Will post pics tomorrow when the drugs wear off!

1 day post op

Two words...yay! and ouch! Here is a profile view with bandages, but I can already tell my profile is improved.

Update

Hi, Dr. Chase and I sit down with a table full of implant choices. We eliminated them down until we agreed on the same one that we thought would achieve my goal. We went with the medium sized implant. I didn't want a presidential chin, jus a better profile. Surgery was quick and recovery was not bad. The intra oral incision site is pretty sore as is my whole chin and I have to wear the bandages in place for one week. He gave me good pain meds, so I think I'll live. Thanks!

5 days post-op

It's been 5 days and here are a couple of shots. The tape is still on, dr. Chase asked me to leave it on for one week. Otherwise I LOVE the change toy profile. It's not drastic, but subtle and much better I think! I'll post more pics after the tape comes off.

1 week post -op

more pics, still a little swollen, but lovin it!

one more thing...

the stitches inside my mouth haven't resolve yet, so it look like I have a dip in LOL. but it should go away soon. my chin nerves are very numb, but they work :)

one more pic

I'm not good at selfies, but here's my first one with my new chin.

Two weeks out

Cant believe it's been two weeks! Just thought I'd post an update. Went back to work 10 days later, the only comments I got we're 'have you lost weight, you look good! So my confidence is up a notch or two. The pain has not been that terrible thankfully. Now the (not so) bad. My chin is still numb and tingly. I can closed-mouth smile fine, but smiling big has not come back yet but I'm sure it will. Still eating soft food, and there's still a little swelling. The worst part is that the stitches feel really tight and will take 2-3 mos. to dissolve, but that's ok. All else said I'm glad I did it!

Will post some more post op pics soon.

-T

2 weeks out

I got to looking I'm the mirror and the 15 lbs I lost from not eating as we'll has made my face too skinny I thinks Time to up the calories! LOL

Three Weeks out.

Good and bad. Love the improvement. Lower lip is still numb and tingly, eating still a little tough, smile a little funny still. But gonna tough it out and trust it will be worth it. Will post more pics soon.

1 month out

Pain is a lot better, still feel it if I overdo it, but getting better. Thought I would post a quick front shot. Got a couple more for those thinking about it, then I'll sign off.

5 weeks out, last review

It's been 5 weeks since the chin implant, here's some final thoughts. I love the results, and my confidence has gone up because of it. I love that I can wear a beard and a cap better. There was some bad. It hurt worse than I thought it would, and it took longer to start feeling better than I thought.

Would I do it again, yes! But with more realistic expectations. Here's a couple of photos to end with. Thanks for all the support and compliments. Best of luck to all of you!
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Awesome at everything he does, listens very well.