38 Year Old, Can't wait to get chin implant to improve profile - Chattanooga, TN

I've envied great chins since high school, and...

I've envied great chins since high school, and always thought that guys who had great jaw and chin lines had an edge. I even had girls dump me for my brother because he was cuter (with a strong chin of course). I've finally decided to go for it and get a chin implant. I'm really excited...and nervous about what people will say, but I can't wait. After seeing all the great results on here I think my confidence will get a big boost!
Good luck with the surgery! I have my chin augment scheduled for the 2nd of April, im excited but also very nervous about how it will look afterwards.
Thanks, hope yours goes well, too. I'm excited, but kinda worried about side effects and recovery, too. There's some reviews I probably shouldn't have read. I think it will be worth it, though.

More pre-op pics

More pics before surgery
Another thing that kinda worries me is my long face, but I'm confident Dr. Chase will do an awesome job!
Good luck! When's the surgery? Please post postoperative pics too. FWIW, I've had cheek implants, rhinoplasty, and fat pads removed from under my eyes with no complications.
Thanks, will do.

My lucky brother

Here is a pic of my brother who got a great chin. Hoping to get my own! LOL
Medium I think, intra-oral to avoid the scar. I've ready got enough of those from other stuff (non-elective) on me. Dr. Chase did spectacular work on my wife, I'm confident he'll do great with me.
Hey buddy! I'm sure everything will turnout fine! Did you decide on size, model and material of implant yet? Are you going sub mental or intra oral? Cheers

Four Days away

Excited, only four days away. Keep reading stories on here of awesome outcomes, can't wait to have my own.
Good luck tomorrow. Cant wait to hear your story and see the results.
Thanks. kinda scared, and really excited. Will post post-op pics soon.
Good luck! Be sure to eat really healthy these last few days, drink lots of water and eat fresh pineapple (that's supposed to help with bruising). Also stock up on protein shakes for when you're recovering. Let us know how it goes!

Day before

Kinda scared, and really excited. Cant wait to see the result, not looking forward to the soreness :(. Will post again soon!
Good luck. I finally scheduled mine after 20 years of wanting one. My grandmother gave me my inheritance early and I knew it was the #1 thing on my list to do!
Thanks!
Good luck, I go for mine in may. Going intra oral route as well. Pleases keep us posted on your recovery :)

Back home!

Just got home from surgery, it's pretty taped up but I can generally see the new profile and I'm very happy! Will post pics tomorrow when the drugs wear off!

1 day post op

Two words...yay! and ouch! Here is a profile view with bandages, but I can already tell my profile is improved.
You look great 1 day after surgery ! I only hope mine goes that well ! They did introral route? Wishing you a speedy recovery
Looks good bro. If you get time describe the experience and the size of the implant.

Update

Hi, Dr. Chase and I sit down with a table full of implant choices. We eliminated them down until we agreed on the same one that we thought would achieve my goal. We went with the medium sized implant. I didn't want a presidential chin, jus a better profile. Surgery was quick and recovery was not bad. The intra oral incision site is pretty sore as is my whole chin and I have to wear the bandages in place for one week. He gave me good pain meds, so I think I'll live. Thanks!
yes, intra-oral. it's actually not too bad, just kinda tight, but that's expected. I'm still fairly swollen, but it's getting better every day.

5 days post-op

It's been 5 days and here are a couple of shots. The tape is still on, dr. Chase asked me to leave it on for one week. Otherwise I LOVE the change toy profile. It's not drastic, but subtle and much better I think! I'll post more pics after the tape comes off.
Looks great, I'm so happy for you that you are pleased with your results, wish I could say the same 2+ days out.
Thanks, sorry to hear that :( something wrong?

1 week post -op

more pics, still a little swollen, but lovin it!

one more thing...

the stitches inside my mouth haven't resolve yet, so it look like I have a dip in LOL. but it should go away soon. my chin nerves are very numb, but they work :)
You look great! Just had first consultation and will be under the knife in a month. Hope it goes as smoothly as it did for you.

one more pic

I'm not good at selfies, but here's my first one with my new chin.
Looking awesome! I think it makes a big difference. You are handsome either way, but your jaw definitely looks stronger with the implant. What size did you get?
WOW! You look REALLY good! What a magnificent change! You make it look so easy. I'm so glad to hear that you've had no complications -- you're so gracious about side effects (e.g., your numb chin)! When do you plan to return to work? Are you able to eat hard foods yet, or are you still pretty much on soft foods/liquids?
Waited 10 days to return to work. I had leave built up, and the swelling is just starting to go back down to normal-ish. I am still eating soft foods, soups, etc. The good thing is Ive lost 10 pounds LOL. I would say a week minimum before going back to work. Im still pretty sore and smile a little funny unless i smile closed mouth. Glad to help anytime!

Two weeks out

Cant believe it's been two weeks! Just thought I'd post an update. Went back to work 10 days later, the only comments I got we're 'have you lost weight, you look good! So my confidence is up a notch or two. The pain has not been that terrible thankfully. Now the (not so) bad. My chin is still numb and tingly. I can closed-mouth smile fine, but smiling big has not come back yet but I'm sure it will. Still eating soft food, and there's still a little swelling. The worst part is that the stitches feel really tight and will take 2-3 mos. to dissolve, but that's ok. All else said I'm glad I did it!

Will post some more post op pics soon.

-T
Your progress updates are very encouraging!!! THANKS for sharing! I'm looking forward to getting mine done and being forced to eat soft food -- great way to lose weight! LOL! :-)
It really is, I've lost 15 lbs, but I'm sure it won't take long to get it back LOL
I was JUST gonna ask how long until you went back to work. I've seen everything from 2 days to 2 weeks. Very confusing, but you look great -- and confident! WTG.

2 weeks out

I got to looking I'm the mirror and the 15 lbs I lost from not eating as we'll has made my face too skinny I thinks Time to up the calories! LOL
One more thing to all the ones lined up to get surgery soon. The results hardly ever live up to your high expectations (although it may come close). After surgery you'll look at yourself a 100 times a day and wonder if you should have gotten a different size, shape, etc. Pick something and go with it and don't look back!
What sucks for me is that my surgeon said he is " thinking" med implant but won't no until he gets in there and it may change..
TommyBoy1, that's really good advice! I'm already stressing out b/c during my first consult, my PS first indicated I'd need a medium size. and now more recently, says a small should suffice. So of course, I've been going back and forth wondering if it'll be too small (was it really worth it) or too large (I'll be a Jay Leno look-alike)-- and I don't even have one in yet!! LOL! :-)

Three Weeks out.

Good and bad. Love the improvement. Lower lip is still numb and tingly, eating still a little tough, smile a little funny still. But gonna tough it out and trust it will be worth it. Will post more pics soon.
38 year old ?
I hope that's a compliment! LOL
Looks good on you.

1 month out

Pain is a lot better, still feel it if I overdo it, but getting better. Thought I would post a quick front shot. Got a couple more for those thinking about it, then I'll sign off.
Looks great! Surgery is next Wednesday. Thanks for all the updates and advice.
Thanks, good luck!
Wishing you the very best tomorrow hagan73!!! :-)

5 weeks out, last review

It's been 5 weeks since the chin implant, here's some final thoughts. I love the results, and my confidence has gone up because of it. I love that I can wear a beard and a cap better. There was some bad. It hurt worse than I thought it would, and it took longer to start feeling better than I thought.

Would I do it again, yes! But with more realistic expectations. Here's a couple of photos to end with. Thanks for all the support and compliments. Best of luck to all of you!
Looks great! I will be getting mine in July. Excited but nervous! I am also getting intra oral
I had a chin implant last month and to tell you the truth, I don't like the results now...I loved how it looked the day of...with the swelling, it looked masculine and square...like an astronaut chin but after the swelling subsided, I didn't like it anymore. People tell me its a big difference even now but I don't really see it....I wanted it to look huge, ya know? HUGE. Im all depressed now...Im just tired of being ugly. All ive done these past two years is look in the mirror relentlessly, ive missed out on so much, pushed so many people away, and for what? I still don't feel any different now than I did before I had this surgery and my nose job. I just want to be perfect, and have magazine looks but Im starting to think it will never happen. : ( WHY?
Oh no, you're not liking your results?
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Awesome at everything he does, listens very well.