Smart Lipo is Not Smart - Chattanooga, OK

My doc explained the smart lipo was a less...

My doc explained the smart lipo was a less invasive way to achieve the results I was looking for: flat smooth tummy with out the pooch of fat surround the belly button. I had asked for a TT, but being little, he was worried about the scar placement. So I did it. And it looked worse instead of better.

So instead of paying for one anesthesia, and only one recovery time, I had to go under again, take time away from my career and family, again, and go through more pain, again.

Basically

My first plastic surgery experience- I was completely disregarded as a human being. Just choose your doc wisely, stay away from smart lipo, make sure you doc will provide reasonable pain management, and make sure that if your doc SAID he would make your breasts even that he actually ordered the different sizes and had them ready in time for surgery. Or that he really read all of his notes. (Or whatever the hell happened with that, because I even saw one of his before and afters who he placed two different sizes of silicone implants to even out).
Dr. Now you need a TT to fix this mess

I wish I'd gotten a second opinion based in the rushed nature of the consult. When I found that result were not improving, and that I had dents, he disregarded and insisted that there was a remarkable improvement. Also said that he'd email my before pics to me and never ever did. Oh- also told me he'd even out the size difference in my breasts when we did implants during the same date - and I noticed shortly afterwards that it hasn't been done, and then he tells me that only a certain width of implant would fit my chest, so it was best to keep them at whatever diameter the current implants were. I was pissed, and yes it still crawls all over me.

Wow so what was the second surgery. I was advised I could have smart Lipo but after talking with him he was a plastic surgeon that actual did face lifts or something outside of TT. Now when he told me that I would have to purchase my pain meds and sedation meds and last he said no anesthesiologist would be o site with
Hi there! That's right- I remember you were looking into lipo. I just know that smart lipo really messed me up. I don't know about the other kinds, though. Seems like smart lipo is the only one that we keep having big problems with. No matter what, I'd try to find a doc who strictly contours the body- and has done so a lot. These docs are using tools on us, and just like with anybody who uses any kind of tools whether it be a cash register or a wrench or a cannula for lipo, the more a person uses these tools, the better they become. Experience is so important. You are a changed woman- youve cone so far from your beginning photos. I know it hasn't been easy for you to heal, and I hope that you are really thorough in finding who will do this next procedure for you, so you can continue to be proud of your beautiful results. Best to you, TT sis!
Oh I forgot to answer your question about the second surgery- what happened was I got smart lipo last summer, and then the second surgery was this summer I got full TT with muscle repair.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Are those photos right after surgery or are they current? Also, if it's not to personal are you an older woman. I am and I'm concerned about skin tightening as well.
Hi Kimberly, those photos were taken a year after the smart lipo. I had smart lipo right before I turned 35. Smart lipo made my belly look like an 80 year old, but with deformed dents and sags. The sad thing was, first about the first seven days, because of the swelling, I thought smart lipo had fixed my belly. When the swelling went down once the first week had passed, I quickly saw the mess it had turned into. I vowed to never have any kind of lipo again. I was too little to do lipo on, so any error was going to show, and that was not explained to me, and I didn't even know it was a possibility. I went back in on May 22 to get a tummy tuck, and I am so glad. My scars always turn stark white, and never raised, so I was not afraid of a scar from TT. Plus I figure, people do more extreme things with piercing and tattoos to improve their body image, so one thin little line on my belly would be inconsequential in the long run. Check out my other review on my TT and you'll see the remarkable difference it has made. Was driving after 7 days, went back to work after 11 days. It was easier to heal from than the 9 days I was in pain from breast implants (couldn't drive, open doors or jars, raise my arms). But I got my implants when I got my smart lipo, and I hurt all over at the same time, plus was devastated that my tummy was even worse and I wasn't being heard when I insisted to the doc that it wasn't good. Last summer was a complete nightmare, but this TT has made up for the last 14 years of "gross body". I wish you the best with whatever you choose to do, and I hope you get the results you desire. Their are other girls on here who have had smart lipo, and turned out with the same results as me. It's not much of a price difference to get the tummy tuck, and the recovery time is similar. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to tell you anything you want to know about my experiences with these procedures :)