CO2 Laser Resurfacing with Fat Transfer to Under Eye Area - Chattanooga, TN

I am 7 days post op from full face CO2 laser...

I am 7 days post op from full face CO2 laser resurfacing with fat transfer beneath my eyes. My chest was also lasered. My primary concern was to eliminate fine lines under the eyes as well as lines on either side of my mouth. Crows feet & creases in the forehead were secondary areas that I wanted to address. My chest area had sun damage from years of tanning that I wanted addressed as well. I also had Radiesse and Juvederm placed at the time of the laser surgery which accounts for some of the bruising noted on the chin area. The fat transfer definitely caused the swelling and bruising under the eyes. I am 53 yrs old and had considered a facelift, but wanted to try this as a way to combat skin laxity and loss of volume in my face.

This is NOT a procedure to be taken lightly! The recovery has been difficult and down time is significant. I still have not worn makeup or been out of the house in public. Not sure when my face will be "normal" but after day 6 with continued swelling & extreme redness, I contacted my doctor who immediately asked me to return to the office for evaluation. He thought I may have a reaction to the Aquafor and placed me on steroids and told me to use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing cream instead of Aquafor. My other aftercare included Keflex, Acyclovir, Arnica, Lortab, Ativan, vinegar + water, & Aquafor. (standard of care)

After care is SO important for this surgery. I have attached pictures beginning with day 1 through Day 6 and will continue to update as I continue to heal.

At this point, I am very hopeful that I will have fabulous results, just understanding that time is the best healer and I must be patient. I have been given Elta MD sunscreen samples and I look forward to using sunscreen and makeup to be able to go out.

This is very intense and it is a very personal revelation, but I think people must understand what this procedure is about and the downtime that it involves while healing.

Day 8 dilute Vinegar & water compresses...

Day 8
dilute Vinegar & water compresses provide relief, but the redness persists. I have updated my daily picture I can see daily improvement with less swelling.

I would love to hear from others who have started post laser skin care regimens that have been successful in decreasing the redness. Anybody familiar with copper peptides and emu oil? I know about use of Vitamin C and Retin A, but not sure when that type of product can be used. I see my Dr. again in 2 days and this issue will be addressed.

10 days post op and I had a follow up visit with...

10 days post op and I had a follow up visit with my surgeon who started me on hydroquinolone with cortisone to combat the redness on my chest.

Had first makeup application with Jane Iredale products and the makeup artist was so helpful with countering the redness and being gentle. I loved the make up products which all contain spf protection. I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
See attached pic

I have updated a picture of my results on Day 24....

I have updated a picture of my results on Day 24. I have on Bare Minerals makeup, with a redness remedy underneath the foundation. These products are less expensive that Jane Iredale and I am experimenting with the best look.

My face is still somewhat red, but I am comfortable covering it with makeup and have resumed my normal schedule at the point. I have a follow up appt. with my surgeon tomorrow.

Day 55 post CO2 Laser Resurfacing Life is...

Day 55 post CO2 Laser Resurfacing
Life is better!, Much Better. I have posted New Years Eve pic for comparison sake.

I am currently feeling much more confident about my skin these days. Less redness and able to wear makeup without the speciality yellow tinted redness remedy product which is an improvement. My face still is red out of the shower or after exercise, but the "track marks" are less noticeable now, it has almost been 2 months since my procedure.

A huge concern for me with my "new" skin was the best method of skin care and I must say, I have tried to change a few things to improve my skin appearance. Starting with learning to sleep on my back! Yikes!, this was hard to do, so I enlisted the aid of a mini-travel pillow with a very smooth satin cover which has been great.

In addition to drinking lots of water,
I am in a daily routine of skin care which includes:
AM Routine

PM
Cleanser
SimplySkinRx Night lotion-glycolics
Renova
Weekly mask with SimplySkinRx (feels great & tightens pores)
Occasional use of the Emu oil for addl moisture and Aquafor under my eyes as a barrier

I can now say I am looking forward to protecting my investment and taking care of my skin. I have experimented with a ton of products and would love to see what others are using that has been helpful.

Hope this story helps any of you considering CO2 Laser Resurfacing and good luck to all in the quest for great skin!

Updated Pic 9 months after CO2 Laser Resurfacing Treatment

Yes, I can still agree that this was a successful procedure for me. I think I still have benefits from collagen production, even 9 months out, as this picture was taken Aug 2012. I have started routine SkinMedical peels and I use SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex faithfully.
Chattanooga General Surgeon

The office fielded my many questions and responded to emails in a timely fashion. Dr. White called me back almost immediately and asked me to return that day at any time that I could. I appreciate his bedside manner and listening to my concerns.